The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by silent ninja
I rang fonecare and canceled the agreement immediately the phone arrived.

Where did you get fonecare's number?

I've ordered a mobile from affordablemobiles.co.uk and they add this insurance automatically. I want to get it cancelled as soon as I get my phone, but I just can't find a number I can call them on. In their T&C's it says to just cancel the direct debit but I don't want to risk messing up my credit history/rating.

TIA!
Original post by el pollo diablo

I've ordered a mobile from affordablemobiles.co.uk and they add this insurance automatically. I want to get it cancelled as soon as I get my phone, but I just can't find a number I can call them on. In their T&C's it says to just cancel the direct debit but I don't want to risk messing up my credit history/rating.

TIA!

Their telephone number was on the Fonecare PDF on Affordable Mobile's site but it looks to have been removed. You can try this number: 08454753175 but keep an eye on your bank account as they seem to have a rep of reinstating the DD. Note the name, date and time of anyone you speak to.

TIA!

http://www.fonesure.com/contactus.html

They were very polite and helpful about it, cancelling the insurance policy instantly.
Original post by silent ninja
Their telephone number was on the Fonecare PDF on Affordable Mobile's site but it looks to have been removed. You can try this number: 08454753175 but keep an eye on your bank account as they seem to have a rep of reinstating the DD. Note the name, date and time of anyone you speak to.

Yikes. Thanks!
Original post by hassi94
http://www.fonesure.com/contactus.html

They were very polite and helpful about it, cancelling the insurance policy instantly.

I think fonecare may be a different company with an unfortunately similar name! Thanks anyway. :smile:
It'll be interesting to see what The Galaxy s3 is like. Upto now the Galaxy's have been simiular sec to the top flagship HTC
I think fonecare may be a different company with an unfortunately similar name! Thanks anyway. :smile:

Oh woops sorry. On affordable mobiles mine came with fonesure - didn't really pay attention. Sorry about that :smile:
Original post by G8D
I really want the onex but I also can't get it on a long contract because I'm 99% going to be in Norway for a year come September.
Also I may need a new laptop (Air or hires Transformer Prime I reckon) soon.

DECISIONS.

You going there for that nani?
Original post by G8D
I really want the onex but I also can't get it on a long contract because I'm 99% going to be in Norway for a year come September.

DECISIONS.

Transformer Infinity :smile:
Original post by G8D
Phone, Pad, Notebook. Stylus headset.

TAKE MY MONEY.

EDIT: the stylus headset is a but weird looking.

:sexface:

Do want.
Original post by G8D
What's better? Tegra 3 or S4?

Very good question, S4 pro Is Going To have an updated gpu as well
Original post by TheCasual
Is it me, or just Go Launcher run alot smoother then Touch Wiz?

It does, but then I wish Go Launcher would allow me to take off some of their animations to make it run even smoother/faster. The 'default' setting for the animation of the app draw is a somewhat slow fade in effect, which just seems annoyingly sluggish despite the fact that Launcher Pro has an instant pull up of the app drawer :frown:

Still love the features that Go Launcher has though.
Original post by G8D

DECISIONS.

Deeeefinately wait for the Galaxy SIII before committing yourself to the HTC One-x
I can't imagine it exceeding the HTC by any great amount tbh and I prefer HTC aesthetics (hard and soft).

I get what you mean. It depends on whether Samsung have a desire to return to a 'premium feeling' handset like they did with the original S, or whether they're going to push again for the 'thinnest smartphone title' (which I can't see them doing since the S2 was razor thin anyhow). That said, I really do see the S3 becoming the flagship Android phone being that they're announcing it at a separate event.
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
Deeeefinately wait for the Galaxy SIII before committing yourself to the HTC One-x

I think the One X is actually this year going to be a very good competitor to the SIII
CyanogenMod 9 for Galaxy SII is now on nightly builds for those who are interested :smile:
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
It does, but then I wish Go Launcher would allow me to take off some of their animations to make it run even smoother/faster. The 'default' setting for the animation of the app draw is a somewhat slow fade in effect, which just seems annoyingly sluggish despite the fact that Launcher Pro has an instant pull up of the app drawer :frown:

Still love the features that Go Launcher has though.

Can't say i've ever noticed that.
The dropbox functionality doesn't detract from the fixes onboard storage. It makes no sense to shoot about 25gb online storage as though it is somehow part of the phone. No 3g = no access. It's only a bonus feature.

I don't know how good dropbox is but I imagine it's similar to box.net-- that is, very SLOW. There is also 100mb file size limit so you can't store videos. Online storage has a long way to go.
Reply 6959
Original post by G8D
I don't get the big fuss HTC makes about 25GB Dropbox.. I got 50GB free from Box.com just for installing the Android app...

Also: can anyone tell me exactly what processor is in the onex? I'm seeing Tegra 3 and S4 in different places so I can't tell.

EDIT: is is just the LTE one that goes with S4? http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4320&idPhone2=4572

EDIT2: Is S4 dual or quad core ffs? :nothing:

I think the S4 is dual core.

Latest

Trending

Trending