The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Repressor
Does it not have to be approved by your networks?

(Assuming you didn't buy the phone SIM-free....)

I'm not sure. I upgraded through Phones4u, so i'm not sure if its 'unbranded'
Original post by Repressor
Does it not have to be approved by your networks?

(Assuming you didn't buy the phone SIM-free....)

Mine is SIM-free and it STILL hasn't come up on Kies. :\
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Mine is SIM-free and it STILL hasn't come up on Kies. :\

Me too! i bought mine off amazon as SIM-free and have not yet gotten the ICS update.. I use a mac and Kies did update in the morning which made me a bit excited, but then it just said my firmware is up to date :frown: boo!
Samsung did say week beginning 19 March so I guess it will be rolled out at some point this week?
How do you actually do it? My HTC Legend updated it self to Eclaire at about 5am in the morning.
The people demanded Ice Cream Sandwich. Samsung responded by saying 'let them eat cake'.
Samsung released the ICS kernel sources for the GSII today :smile: CM9 development should pick up its pace now! :smile:
Tried out an ICS + Sense 4.0 ROM on my Desire S earlier (ported from the HTC One range). Played with it for about 5 minutes before I decided that AOSP ICS is just so much nicer!
Original post by hassi94
Samsung released the ICS kernel sources for the GSII today :smile: CM9 development should pick up its pace now! :smile:

Can i have this in simple english, please? lol.

I'm assuming this has something to do with when us galaxy s2 users are likely to get our ICS updates? :p:
Original post by keepoffthelawn
Can i have this in simple english, please? lol.

I'm assuming this has something to do with when us galaxy s2 users are likely to get our ICS updates? :p:

The programming text of ICS on the Galaxy S2 has been released so people who make custom firmware have more to work with.

It has nothing to do with when you'll get official ICS, though they say that's meant to be this week. It's only beneficial if you use custom firmware - namely Android Open Source Project ROMs like CyanogenMod.
Original post by hassi94
The programming text of ICS on the Galaxy S2 has been released so people who make custom firmware have more to work with.

It has nothing to do with when you'll get official ICS, though they say that's meant to be this week. It's only beneficial if you use custom firmware - namely Android Open Source Project ROMs like CyanogenMod.

aha! ok thanks :smile:
Didn't Samsung say the S2 update was two weeks ago? Or this weekend even? Oh well. I recommend Ice Cold Sandwich if you are rooted. Great work.

For those of you using Sky GO, you might want to hold out of any updates since it doesn't work with ICS.
Ice Cold :rofl2:
Reply 7073
Original post by hassi94

How does this affect, if at all, CM9 for Galaxy Nexus? Will Samsung have to release the same thing for the GN before CM can be put on GN?
Reply 7074
Anyone else hooked on this game "Defender"?

I've gotten pretty far on it...
Original post by Yawn11
Anyone else hooked on this game "Defender"?

I've gotten pretty far on it...

Played it a bit, but I prefer my defense games to be more like Nexus Defense. :smile:
Hey guys...

The gf has a samsung Galaxy Ace on v2.3.5 and she can't get the keyboard to vibrate when using it.
I've googled it and they all say to go to some "langauge & keyboard" setting that is not there...
http://www.phonetipsandtricks.com/tips/samsung-galaxy-ace/enable-disable-vibrate-haptic-feedback-when-you-type-8/

ou can see the people in the comments section are equally as lost as mee/her...
Original post by Motorbiker
Hey guys...

The gf has a samsung Galaxy Ace on v2.3.5 and she can't get the keyboard to vibrate when using it.
I've googled it and they all say to go to some "langauge & keyboard" setting that is not there...
http://www.phonetipsandtricks.com/tips/samsung-galaxy-ace/enable-disable-vibrate-haptic-feedback-when-you-type-8/

ou can see the people in the comments section are equally as lost as mee/her...
I've got a Galaxy S II on v2.3.3 so the settings may be slightly different, but:

Menu > Settings > Sound > Ensure 'Haptic feedback' is ticked and the 'Vibration intensity' is turned up. That seems to toggle the vibration on and off on my keyboard.
I'm having problem connecting with Kies, it says that I cannot connect in this mode (pc suite)

I've tried just connecting it and in file transfer mode. It's a samsung S2 and running litening rom V1.5. Reading these posts about ICS makes me want to check if I can get it :biggrin:

EDIT: problem fixed, damn USB de-bugging mode

EDIT 2: One problem fixed but now got another, it now says my device does not support software upgrading via kies, any advice?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by James2593
I'm having problem connecting with Kies, it says that I cannot connect in this mode (pc suite)

I've tried just connecting it and in file transfer mode. It's a samsung S2 and running litening rom V1.5. Reading these posts about ICS makes me want to check if I can get it :biggrin:

EDIT: problem fixed, damn USB de-bugging mode

EDIT 2: One problem fixed but now got another, it now says my device does not support software upgrading via kies, any advice?

Just find an ICS ROM and flash it, it doesn't sound like you are using stock :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending