The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wizard710
I factory reset mine and haven't had any problems :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
This is what appears in the update? I think I'll stick with the old version. :nothing:
Hi, Just got my new S2 and I want to know how I can change track on my phone without having to enter my password when the phone is locked? through it as I have iPhone before I can double click the home button to change track, but how can I do this with s2?

thanks
Reply 7462
Original post by bengalisoldier
Hi, Just got my new S2 and I want to know how I can change track on my phone without having to enter my password when the phone is locked? through it as I have iPhone before I can double click the home button to change track, but how can I do this with s2?

thanks

Are you on ICS? Not sure but on my Galaxy Nexus with widget locker installed, I slide to unlock and then go to the password screen which has the skip forward/backward and pause buttons above the numpad.
Original post by tface
Are you on ICS? Not sure but on my Galaxy Nexus with widget locker installed, I slide to unlock and then go to the password screen which has the skip forward/backward and pause buttons above the numpad.

Yep its on new software any idea?
It entirely depends on the music app you are using. Play music, for example, has that functionality you mentioned.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation Z710e
I just found out there are Sonic games for Android. :woo: :awesome:
Original post by alex_hk90
I just found out there are Sonic games for Android. :woo: :awesome:

Sonic 4 or old ROMs?
Original post by + polarity -
Sonic 4 or old ROMs?

Sonic CD. :biggrin: I'd played the (old) PC port before but never (properly) completed it.
Sonic CD. :biggrin: I'd played the (old) PC port before but never (properly) completed it.

Sonic 4 is there though, and there is a free to play Sonic Advance as well but only for the Japanese at the moment. You can still find the apk though, I have it and it brings back good memories :smile:

Nice! I doubt my phone could run it though :ashamed2:

I have loads of Sonic games on my computer and Sonic Advance 1-3 on my phone, but I'm stuck on all of them :ashamed2:
Original post by mahjongmagic
Sonic 4 is there though, and there is a free to play Sonic Advance as well but only for the Japanese at the moment. You can still find the apk though, I have it and it brings back good memories :smile:

Yeah, I was going to buy Sonic 4 (Episode 1) after I finish this one. :smile:

Nice! I doubt my phone could run it though :ashamed2:

Sonic CD runs great on my HTC Desire running a Gingerbread ROM. :yep:

I have loads of Sonic games on my computer and Sonic Advance 1-3 on my phone, but I'm stuck on all of them :ashamed2:

I haven't played the Advance ones, are they any good?
(edited 11 years ago)
Sonic CD runs great on my HTC Desire running a Gingerbread ROM. :yep:

I haven't played the Advance ones, are they any good?

Have you overclocked?

I like Sonic Advance (1), it's one of the two games I have ever completed :redface:
On my phone I've only gotten through all the zones with Sonic, and I didn't get to any of the Special Zones, but I suppose I could do that later lol

Sonic Advance 2 feels a bit weird, I don't really know what I'm meant to be doing so I just run and collect the stars when I see them :p:
[scroll][/scroll]

Both games run really nicely on my phone (with the sound off)

Just checked... I don't have SA3 :facepalm2: Ignore me.
Have you overclocked?

Nope. I've rooted and have some kind of SetCPU profile and maybe optimised kernel, but that's it.

I like Sonic Advance (1), it's one of the two games I have ever completed :redface:
On my phone I've only gotten through all the zones with Sonic, and I didn't get to any of the Special Zones, but I suppose I could do that later lol

Cool, I'll probably check it out at some point. :smile: I was (and am) a big Sonic fan so on the MegaDrive I completed Sonic 1, 2, 3, Knuckles, 3 & Knuckles, Spinball and 3D. But the special stages of Sonic CD always got the better of me (and are still doing so!).

Sonic Advance 2 feels a bit weird, I don't really know what I'm meant to be doing so I just run and collect the stars when I see them :p:
[scroll][/scroll]

Both games run really nicely on my phone (with the sound off)

What phone and emulator do you use? And I guess with the sound it lags?
Nope. I've rooted and have some kind of SetCPU profile and maybe optimised kernel, but that's it.

Cool, I'll probably check it out at some point. :smile: I was (and am) a big Sonic fan so on the MegaDrive I completed Sonic 1, 2, 3, Knuckles, 3 & Knuckles, Spinball and 3D. But the special stages of Sonic CD always got the better of me (and are still doing so!).

What phone and emulator do you use? And I guess with the sound it lags?

Oh okay, I'm using a Hero (overclocked to 729 MHz) and Gameboid 2.4.6, which I don't think is on Play anymore, but can still be found :ninja:

I was/am a big Sonic fan too but I never had a console and when I'd go to my friend's houses they wouldn't let me play :emo: so as soon as I had money I got a GBA and borrowed Sonic Advance :p:

I think I'll have to try Sonic 3D and CD and Adventure on my laptop :excited: I'll get my USB controller and my emulator and it will be great :borat:
Ok, my sister keeps nagging me for a new phone but doesn't want to spend much money (no more than a tenner a month) and so I'm finding it really difficult to recommend a phone that isn't going to be **** in a few months

Using the TSR App - Please excuse any typos :smile:
Nevermind, she's going to sign a 24 month contract for an original San Francisco. I can't wait to see what it's like in about 6 months when it's slowed to a crawl and I'll be like I told you so

Nevermind, she's going to sign a 24 month contract for an original San Francisco. I can't wait to see what it's like in about 6 months when it's slowed to a crawl and I'll be like I told you so

Yeah, the worst bit about new OSFs is that they're gen3, and I don't think there's even a way to flash back to gen2 if there was ever a need to put a better ROM on it. IIRC, at least it'll be 2.3.5 stock though. Unlikely to receive 4.0, still a chance though. It has had official 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3, who knows?

Ouch, I mean I'm still using mine but 24 months?

Anyway, if she's willing to risk it, there is the possibility of ICS custom roms if its gen2, Cyanogen Mod 9 might be on the San Francisco and I believe there might be a very stable custom beta already. But given how my one is a bit sluggish as it is on CM7 (Gingerbread), I'll probably be due an upgrade soon.
Original post by G8D
ICS on SF is still in relatively iffy beta. Most ROMs don't have camera/camcorder support or Youtube working properly plus other bugs.

I've yet to try one, personally. Might do so after exams.

Same, give the developers time to sort out those bugs. I thought the YouTube one had already been fixed so thanks for clearing that up. Part of me though just wants to wait and get a phone that can handle ICS properly for Uni.
Yeah. I said unless you want to spend decent money on it then it will be slow in 6 months but never mind

Latest

Trending

Trending