The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Qi Jia
I wish I wasn't so right.

True basketball fans appreciate great defense. Maybe if the Heat didn't suck so much at attacking the zone they would be ahead now.
Reply 3081
Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon
True basketball fans appreciate great defense. Maybe if the Heat didn't suck so much at attacking the zone they would be ahead now.

Zone aint why they lost, on nbaplaybook (great site) they pointed out how Miami scored 12 points on 17 possessions vs the zone. Their transition D was the standout for me it was like they werent even trying, even James and Wade
Original post by alexsong
Zone aint why they lost, on nbaplaybook (great site) they pointed out how Miami scored 12 points on 17 possessions vs the zone. Their transition D was the standout for me it was like they werent even trying, even James and Wade

Transition defense was truly awful from the Heat, i don't think i will fault James because i saw him there most the time but Wade was lazy or just arguing with the ref, he needs to get back way sooner. Also Bosh should have been there at the end not sure what Spoelstra was playing at there and it could cost them.
Reply 3083
Original post by Jim_Metrin
Transition defense was truly awful from the Heat, i don't think i will fault James because i saw him there most the time but Wade was lazy or just arguing with the ref, he needs to get back way sooner. Also Bosh should have been there at the end not sure what Spoelstra was playing at there and it could cost them.

Spo said he thought it would be unfair to put Bosh in such a pressure situation when he is just back from injury or something to that effect even though he is a max contract perrenial all star who probably relishes the pressure moments and had looked fine up to that point, shows how bad Spoelstra is tbh
Well I suppose when someone analyses it to that extent they will see things I don't. :emo:

This guy just annoys me, I am not hearing many other people talk about how the Celtics are boring. To me it's fun to see all five players on the court executing plays. As opposed to the Heat's isolation style of play, relying on one or two guys.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3085
Well I suppose when someone analyses it to that extent they will see things I don't. :emo:

This guy just annoys me, I am not hearing many other people talk about how the Celtics are boring. To me it's fun to see all five players on the court executing plays. As opposed to the Heat's isolation style of play, relying on one or two guys.

Rondos Pointguard play alone makes them must see tv lately IMO and that isn't their only appeal to me either haters gonna hate though...
tony parker is going OFFFF we need to settle down westbrook needs a break hes too hyped, durant needs to shoot it more early, cant wait till the 4th for his explosion TP is having none of our antics tonight
Reply 3087
WTH is going on?! Damn you Steven Jackson, stop hitting these 3's! Has he even attempted a 2 pointer this game?
and that is how to book a place in the NBA FINALS, congratulations okc you made me cry tears of joy, i guess this is how the chelsea fans were feeling in bayern because in my eyes we've already won, i dont see the east anywhere near us talent wise + i think were the only roster almost 100%

Agreed here - when the Celts execute it is truly beautiful basketball. All season long theyve been labelled as 'old', but up 3-2 in the ECF I don't think anyone can say they're passed it!

I think it was Jeff Van Gundy who said something along the lines of 'when they're winning, they're the veteran celtics but when they go through a 2 game losing streak, all of a sudden they're the aging celtics'.

As for the finals, a Rondo-Westbrook matchup would be far from boring!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3090
Durant. :adore: :adore:

Damn, this guy is soooo good.

Lebron, time to step up. You need to carry the Heat to 2 wins or it's over.
Original post by Xotol
Durant. :adore: :adore:

Damn, this guy is soooo good.

Lebron, time to step up. You need to carry the Heat to 2 wins or it's over.

Haha what about Bosh or Wade :P
Reply 3092
I wanted Spurs to win but thought OKC would, whats scary is that Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka and Harden are all under 23 years old. They definitely have the makings of a dynasty if they keep Harden and Ibaka
Reply 3093
I wanted Spurs to win but thought OKC would, whats scary is that Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka and Harden are all under 23 years old. They definitely have the makings of a dynasty if they keep Harden and Ibaka

They probably won't be able to keep both for next year. I think they'll let Ibaka go and sign Harden to a max contract.
Reply 3094
Original post by Xotol
They probably won't be able to keep both for next year. I think they'll let Ibaka go and sign Harden to a max contract.

I would amnesty Perk, sign Ibaka and try and get Harden for under the max, he has a choice between staying and being in a dynasty or going to somewhere else for the max and becoming Joe Johnson for the rest of his career
Original post by youngzwavey
and that is how to book a place in the NBA FINALS, congratulations okc you made me cry tears of joy, i guess this is how the chelsea fans were feeling in bayern because in my eyes we've already won, i dont see the east anywhere near us talent wise + i think were the only roster almost 100%

Heat could give OKC a run for their money if the right team shows up (that's Lebron and Dwayne going mental and the bench players dopping some decent points). That's providing we get through, which i must admit, it's looking shaky :/

Boston have no chance against OKC if they get through.. But then again, that's what everyone said about miami and now look what's happening

12 points on 17 possessions is a conversion rate of around 35% at best, that's terrible. You need at least 45%.
Original post by Jim_Metrin
Haha what about Bosh or Wade :P

Spolestra play Bosh for 40 minutes? or Wade score more than 10 points in the first half? that'll be something new this post season.
Original post by lebron_23
Heat could give OKC a run for their money if the right team shows up (that's Lebron and Dwayne going mental and the bench players dopping some decent points). That's providing we get through, which i must admit, it's looking shaky :/

Boston have no chance against OKC if they get through.. But then again, that's what everyone said about miami and now look what's happening

I'm sure if Cleveland had got the number one pick again then they would've won a title before Lebron. Imagine Kyrie Irving, Anthony Davis and Tristan Thompson vs. Harden, Durant, Westbrook every year for 2015-2020. That's Assuming Davis can do what he's done up to this point in the NBA.
You'd also see clippers vs. Thunder in the West and Miami vs. Cleveland every year in the East :P. We'd be set for years.

I'm sure the celtics can give the thunder a run for their money, as for win it all... that's going to be a task and a half.
(edited 11 years ago)
Predictions if Miami lose to the Celtics tonight (or in game 7)? Spoelstra will be out for sure, but will they mix up the roster too? Trade Bosh? Maybe Wade? I think the heat would be a significantly better team if they cashed in Wade for 2 quality role players.

Latest