The Student Room Group

The TSR Tamil Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
is anyone excited about Billa 2 ?
Reply 361
Original post by NomNomNom :)
They'll be like 'kunju!!!! I haven't seen you in a while. look at how tall you've grown' whilst they give you the dreaded sniff kiss and you'll be like ':redface: *awkward laugh* hi auntie/uncle (I've seen before in my entire life)'

What's a sniff kiss? Lol I'd stay away from me. Admittedly I'd probably be experiencing a lot of perspiration due to the heat.
Original post by senz72
What's a sniff kiss? Lol I'd stay away from me. Admittedly I'd probably be experiencing a lot of perspiration due to the heat.

..when they sniff your cheek as they hug you. And ew:tongue:
Reply 363
..when they sniff your cheek as they hug you. And ew:tongue:

Oh yeah I've had a few of those. Hey! You ain't tamil if you don't perspire. :tongue:
Reply 364
Original post by Teja_96
is anyone excited about Billa 2 ?

Haven't even watched the first one! Lol
Original post by senz72
Oh yeah I've had a few of those. Hey! You ain't tamil if you don't perspire. :tongue:

But everyone pespires :biggrin: but just not the BO...nooooo way. Can't stand another train journey for 3 hours in India again:ahhhhh:
Original post by senz72
It was AS levels. My school does resits but I had high hopes to get into medicine (which don't really like resits.) :/

Plus my sister goes to WCHS. :smile:

Ahh cool, what year is she in ??:smile:
Reply 367
I'm Tamil!!! Never thought I'd find a society like this here but I'm glad there is one :smile:
Reply 368
Original post by dogmatichurricane
Anyone else find it hard to explain why your last name is your dad's first name?

I know exactly how you feel :/
Reply 369
Original post by senz72
Haven't even watched the first one! Lol

lool you should watch it!
Reply 370
Original post by Crystallouise99
Ahh cool, what year is she in ??:smile:

Year 11. :smile:
Reply 371
Original post by Teja_96
lool you should watch it!

I'll watch it if it's on Ayngaran TV or GTV. :tongue:
The theme tune is awesome. Love the echo of Billa Billa Billa. :smile:
Reply 372
Original post by msbjls
I'm Tamil!!! Never thought I'd find a society like this here but I'm glad there is one :smile:

Welcome fellow Tamil akka or thangatchi! :tongue:
Reply 373
But everyone pespires :biggrin: but just not the BO...nooooo way. Can't stand another train journey for 3 hours in India again:ahhhhh:

Did you go South (Tamil Nadu)? Do you have family there? Lol but we perspire bucketloads take me for example.
Original post by senz72
Did you go South (Tamil Nadu)? Do you have family there? Lol but we perspire bucketloads take me for example.

:yep: We have family there....lovely conversational topic by the way. Because I lurve to know how much people sweat :tongue:
Reply 375
Original post by msbjls
I know exactly how you feel :/

Same, but do you think if I ever had kids I should continue the tradition. To be honest my first name doesn't make a good surname. :frown:
Reply 376
:yep: We have family there....lovely conversational topic by the way. Because I lurve to know how much people sweat :tongue:

Sorry.
Original post by senz72
Sorry.

Oh no!!! T'was a joke young one :tongue:...
wait that's awkward because I'm assuming you're older than me .
Reply 378
Original post by senz72
I'll watch it if it's on Ayngaran TV or GTV. :tongue:
The theme tune is awesome. Love the echo of Billa Billa Billa. :smile:

don't forget Sun TV :biggrin:
omg my name is billa - thats my new tune :wink:
Reply 379
Oh no!!! T'was a joke young one :tongue:...
wait that's awkward because I'm assuming you're older than me .

I don't know. If you're doing GCSEs, you're younger thangatchi. :smile:
Finished my AS levels a few back.
I don't know why but my parents always make me call like randoms people maamaa if they're older men and atthai if they're women even though we're not related. Same with children where she makes me refer them to as thangatchi or anna.

Quick Reply

Latest