The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7660
Original post by mikeyd85
Yeah, I got that bug too. Not an issue really. 3 1.1 out now, it's really nice. Really, really nice.

Could have sworn I saw you post that you had an s3 over on xda... Ha! Never mind!

Lol, no haha. I said I used a SGS3! :tongue:

Are you gonna try the official ICS ROM when it is out? I dunno, but I'm finding the bugs in Sense 4.0 really super annoying.

Firstly, the camera doesn't look like it will ever be sorted out properly, and I want that the most!

And other stuff like WiFi hotspot and YouTube green glitches etc
Reply 7661
I rooted the s3 just to increase the screen brightness.
Original post by lohoj
Lol, no haha. I said I used a SGS3! :tongue:

Are you gonna try the official ICS ROM when it is out? I dunno, but I'm finding the bugs in Sense 4.0 really super annoying.

Firstly, the camera doesn't look like it will ever be sorted out properly, and I want that the most!

And other stuff like WiFi hotspot and YouTube green glitches etc

Ooooh.... I might. But I can't say I'm that bothered. I seldom take photos tbh, I never really need to tether and the green glitch just amuses me.

Does the official ICS update have the 5 configurable icons in the dock or is it like the old style useless dock?
The only thingI don't like about Android OS is that it's starting to go down the path of old symbian OS. It's getting hader to upgrade your OS, sometime the phone can't even be upgraded. Ice Cream is already out but a lot of the latest phones still run on Gingerbread.
hey guys just poopping to see if you could offer me any suggestion with with might be going on with my phone. so here goes, my xperia mine x10 pro starting say tht my mircoSD card had been removed unexpectly and then saying it was preparing it and it was installed again even though it was inside the phone the whole time. anyways, carried on doing this for a few days and i just ingored it and now for about the last week my phone has been turning itself on and off, is just because of the mircoSD card?
Reply 7665
Original post by animemanic 91
hey guys just poopping to see if you could offer me any suggestion with with might be going on with my phone. so here goes, my xperia mine x10 pro starting say tht my mircoSD card had been removed unexpectly and then saying it was preparing it and it was installed again even though it was inside the phone the whole time. anyways, carried on doing this for a few days and i just ingored it and now for about the last week my phone has been turning itself on and off, is just because of the mircoSD card?

Remove the sd card and see if it still does it.
Original post by Daniel_R
Remove the sd card and see if it still does it.

Thanks for replying, hve taking ur advice and so far its staying on didnt know sd card could cause so much trouble.
Reply 7667
Original post by animemanic 91
Thanks for replying, hve taking ur advice and so far its staying on didnt know sd card could cause so much trouble.

Probs just a fault SD card then and thats easy to fix just get another.
Reply 7668
Original post by mikeyd85
Ooooh.... I might. But I can't say I'm that bothered. I seldom take photos tbh, I never really need to tether and the green glitch just amuses me.

Does the official ICS update have the 5 configurable icons in the dock or is it like the old style useless dock?

Indeed other does :smile: been running Virtuous Saga for 3 days now, using it because it is the only ICS ROM which works 100% and I need wifi and a good camera :tongue:

Are you using the new fallout? Haven't tried it yet. Any good?
Original post by Daniel_R
I rooted the s3 just to increase the screen brightness.

:rofl: thats badass....and brave
Hey guys, has everyone received Ice cream 4.0 version ? I have HTC sensation using 3.2.4 verions and I haven't received any update since last year. Any clue how to get that update ?
Reply 7671
Original post by olympus123456
Hey guys, has everyone received Ice cream 4.0 version ? I have HTC sensation using 3.2.4 verions and I haven't received any update since last year. Any clue how to get that update ?

What network are you on? The sensation received an update to ICS starting March.
Original post by estel
What network are you on? The sensation received an update to ICS starting March.

I am using Lebara UK which I think is a vodafone operator
Original post by lohoj
Indeed other does :smile: been running Virtuous Saga for 3 days now, using it because it is the only ICS ROM which works 100% and I need wifi and a good camera :tongue:

Are you using the new fallout? Haven't tried it yet. Any good?

Nice.

I haven't... Just moved house and have no real internet at the mo... :frown:
Reply 7674
Its funny, having been using official ICS for about a year now, due to owning a Galaxy Nexus, i'm now using Jelly Bean, whilst other android users are still only just getting ICS and even then, when they get it, its still cumbersome slow touchwizz or sense, and looks no different to gingerbread touchwizz or sense.

It's frustrating that google put so much effort into creating such a beautiful polished slick intuitive consistent operating system (ICS) only for samsung and htc to apply clunky skins that slow the UI down and make it less polished, with less consistency. Both the HTC One X and GS3 are slower in use than my 1 year old Nexus.
Original post by ninegrandstudent
I use the original charger, or I connect to my laptop through USB, or I use one of the parents Sony chargers. Haven't noticed any big difference though, takes long to charge on the original one though (about four hours to fully charge - plug it in at 10 and it usually wakes me up at 2 telling me to unplug).

The only time the phone stops responding is when I'm using MyFitnessPal. But that causes all phones I've used it on to go funny - Sonys, Samsungs, HTCs. Its slower and lags slightly when its on charge, although that's got better since it updated to ICS this week.

One question I have about ICS - whenever I go to open anything from the notification bar, it goes to my lock screen. I have GO locker installed, as the new stock lock screen is awful, but this goes to the stock one. And its so annoying, can't find any way to change this in the settings. Any ideas?

Can someone please answer the question in bold?
Original post by markuk99
Its funny, having been using official ICS for about a year now, due to owning a Galaxy Nexus, i'm now using Jelly Bean, whilst other android users are still only just getting ICS and even then, when they get it, its still cumbersome slow touchwizz or sense, and looks no different to gingerbread touchwizz or sense.

It's frustrating that google put so much effort into creating such a beautiful polished slick intuitive consistent operating system (ICS) only for samsung and htc to apply clunky skins that slow the UI down and make it less polished, with less consistency. Both the HTC One X and GS3 are slower in use than my 1 year old Nexus.

I'd argue Sense 4 is actually pretty good. Vanilla ICS is OK, but nothing on CM9 or AOKP.
In the end, those that care will go down the custom ROM route should their phone have a custom interface in the way.
Gotta remember, the UI is the easiest place to offer visible differentiation in the era of the oblong fondle devices.
What is the AOKP and how is it different to AOSP. Would I need to install a ROM and a Kernel or just one.
Does anyone know if the GS2 will get Jelly Bean.
Galaxy S2 better get JB or it's the last Samsung phone i'll get until they sort their update policy out.

Really hope it does... it's the lag-free UI that really gets my attention!
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending