University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Westminster Scholarships

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Original post by AnnaWintour
Yes, here is the e-mail:

I regret to inform you that the Scholarships Committee, after great deliberation, has not been able to award you a scholarship for the September 2012 intake. The committee met over a number of days and each case was carefully reviewed. We had a great many applications for a limited number of scholarships, so the competition was particularly intense.

Please be assured that every application was given due consideration. I am sorry that we have to disappoint you and wish you every success in your future.

Please note that all decisions made by the Committee are final and not open to re-consideration.

Hi Ann, I'm sorry to hear that, but its not the end of the world as many have said. I wish you all the very best with all your future attempts.

I have applied for PG full scholarships but didn't hear from them yet.
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 361
Original post by queenie0105
Anna, I can understand your feeling now but dont feel upset. With your academic records, you can try with scholarships provided by Australian or American government (Endeavour, ADS, Fulbright) or Chevening (UK). Or if you already have 3 year work experience, try the Netherlands Fellowship programme which will be opened on this 17 July:

http://www.studyinholland.nl/scholarships/nuffic-scholarships/netherlands-fellowship-programmes

Many universities in Australia are now calling applicants for the International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS), which you can easily find out more information in their websites. For example, the IPRS offered by Curtin University (Perth, Western Australia)

http://scholarships.curtin.edu.au/scholarships/scholarship.cfm?id=130

I do hope that helps. Keep faith and never give up, my dear :X

Yeah Anna, apply for Endeavour scholarship. One of my friend applied and got a full scholarship for a PhD 2 year s back. She has a first class in her undergraduate and nothing else (no publications, only 1 year experience as a lecturer). With your good grades, you have a very good chance. Unlike UWM scholarship, you can apply for a whole range of universities in Australia for a placement and then for the scholarship. However, unlike UWM application, Endeavour application has a whole lot of essays to write and it takes about half a month to complete the application alone. Deadline for this year have passed I guess, but you can start now for the next year as it needs a lot of preparation unlike UWM scholarship application. All the best Anna.
Reply 362
Original post by mekagrg
Welcome!!!!! :biggrin:

If you are talking about the admission application, of course, they send it right away. With the scholarship application, they gave me a notice after 9/10 days. I also emailed them regarding the mail as soon as i saw it was delivered on DHL's website.

Good luck. :smile:

Thank you mekagrg.

I meant the scholarship application. It was received the last Friday and I was worried because until this moment I haven't received the email of confirmation. But now I know that I need to wait more time.

Good luck with your application
Erica
Reply 363
Original post by ericadbr
Thank you mekagrg.

I meant the scholarship application. It was received the last Friday and I was worried because until this moment I haven't received the email of confirmation. But now I know that I need to wait more time.

Good luck with your application
Erica

If I recall correctly, they took around one week to send me the confirmation email when I sent my application. Besides, they might not send the confirmation if they received the application after the deadline.

Cheers.
Reply 364
Anyone got anything yet?
Reply 365
I haven't heard a thing yet. I have decided to wait till end of the month. It's no good checking my email a hundred times a day.The uncertainty of it is dreadful. Hope everyone is holding up okay.
Reply 366
I sent them an email yesterday, never got a reply....waited the whole of today for the reply but i got nothing.

May be they're busy,i suppose.....all in all am prepared for any eventuality.

Goodluck guys as you keep waiting...cross your fingers and toes...lol!
Reply 367
Does anyone here know a freind or someone who got a scholarship from uwm in previous years,last year for example?....what was their GPA?
It's kinda weired someone with a GPA of say 9 is not awarded....or is it more than just the GPA?...personal statement may be?
Original post by jone27
Does anyone here know a freind or someone who got a scholarship from uwm in previous years,last year for example?....what was their GPA?
It's kinda weired someone with a GPA of say 9 is not awarded....or is it more than just the GPA?...personal statement may be?

I would like to know that too.
Reply 369
Original post by lazaro7
If I recall correctly, they took around one week to send me the confirmation email when I sent my application. Besides, they might not send the confirmation if they received the application after the deadline.

Cheers.

Thanks lazaro.
My scholarship application is for a course that starts on January 2013 so my deadline is November 2012. Tomorrow will be one week since the application was received on the university. I will wait a few days more.

Good luck with your application.
Erica
Reply 370
Original post by ericadbr
Thanks lazaro.
My scholarship application is for a course that starts on January 2013 so my deadline is November 2012. Tomorrow will be one week since the application was received on the university. I will wait a few days more.

Good luck with your application.
Erica

I guess you should receive the confirmation email soon, then.

Good luck to you as well!
Reply 371
hey!

they replied on my email today:

We are in the final awarding process now and are expecting to have all the awards finalised next Monday and Tuesday. We will then do our very best to let people know via email as soon as we can after this hopefully by the end of the week, next week.

so we need just to wait.
Reply 372
Original post by annushka
hey!

We are in the final awarding process now and are expecting to have all the awards finalised next Monday and Tuesday. We will then do our very best to let people know via email as soon as we can after this hopefully by the end of the week, next week.

so we need just to wait.

Thanks Annushka, this info will restore a week's worth of sanity for me. At least I know to expect something by end of the week next week thought I am not hopeful I will get anything.
Reply 373
hey!

so we need just to wait.

That's good news (sort of). Thanks for letting us know.
Reply 374
Received my answer couple of minutes ago. Uhmm, didn't get it. I am obviously devastated. I sort of don't know where to go from here. I know things will get better slowly but it really doesn't feel good right now. It's weird i can't even cry. A lot of things were riding on this.
If anybody knows anything about other universities offering full scholarships to international students, please do let me know. That would be great.
Best of luck to everyone. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 375
Original post by mekagrg
Received my answer couple of minutes ago. Uhmm, didn't get it. I am obviously devasted. I sort of don't know where to go from here. I know things will get better slowly but it really doesn't feel good right now. It's weird i can't even cry. A lot of things were riding on this.
If anybody knows anything about other universities offering full scholarships to international students, please do let me know. That would be great.

Sorry to hear about your results, mekagrg. Hopefully things will get better for you in the future.

Reading this thread and how nobody here has received an affirmative response, I don't hold too many hopes. I had read somewhere else that, due to the current economic crisis, it is really hard to find a scholarship for the UK, so somehow I expected this to be this way (sadly). Well, as we say in my country when facing difficult situations: you do what you can do.

Good luck in your future endeavours.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 376
lazaro7,

it's due to Cameron's government basically...
Reply 377
Original post by mekagrg
Received my answer couple of minutes ago. Uhmm, didn't get it. I am obviously devasted. I sort of don't know where to go from here. I know things will get better slowly but it really doesn't feel good right now. It's weird i can't even cry. A lot of things were riding on this.

You know, I am a postgraduate applicant, so I just take my interest in postgraduate scholarships. Here are some uni in UK grant full scholarships or equivalent: Huddersfield, Leed, Cardiff. Maybe they also award scholarships for undergrad. Anyway, it worths trying.

Afraid that, deadlines have passed this year. So, get more experiences, polish your profile and prepare for next year.

Wish you good luck!

P/S: dunno where you are from? But try sourses of scholarships for overseas study right in your country. Eg, I come from Vietnam, there are scholarships granted by foreign Governments or embassies, such as Switzerland's Governent, Bilateral Belgium Scholarships, ADS or Endeavour by Australia...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 378
lazaro7,

it's due to Cameron's government basically...

Yes, probably (as well as the economic crisis that's affecting Europe).
Reply 379
Original post by ptmy
You know, I am a postgraduate applicant, so I just take my interest in postgraduate scholarships. Here are some uni in UK grant full scholarships or equivalent: Huddersfield, Leed, Cardiff. Maybe they also award scholarships for undergrad. Anyway, it worths trying.

Afraid that, deadlines have passed this year. So, get more experiences, polish your profile and prepare for next year.

Wish you good luck!

P/S: dunno where you are from? But try sourses of scholarships for overseas study right in your country. Eg, I come from Vietnam, there are scholarships granted by foreign Governments or embassies, such as Switzerland's Governent, Bilateral Belgium Scholarships, ADS or Endeavour by Australia...

Hi,
I am from Nepal. There are some really nice scholarships granted by foreign governments. But the thing is i have been out of school for almost 3 years now. I dropped out from my university because i wanted to change my course. Sadly, I am not extraordinarily smart. I am not lacking confidence. Just being realistic. Even though i have good TOEFL marks, nice teaching experience, recommendations, i feel as if my average high school percentage brings everything down. It has haunted me since I've started applying for colleges. Lesson learned but what good is that gonna do now. :s-smilie:
But I'll be working on my profile like you said. Think i will take my SAT. Do you think that will help to get a scholarship in a UK university?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending