The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by G8D
To talk to other people that use Whatsapp.

amg yeah, the post was malformed :emo:

Are there actually people who use both? Presumably a small set of the
Original post by es.c
huge user bases

but the people you'd be talking to on Whatsapp would be just as easy to text, no? Unless your texts weren't free, I suppose...

****! Just ignore this, I don't know where I'm going. :colonhash:
Thing with WhatsApp - I don't want to have data on all the time. Until we have batteries that last a lot longer than they currently do, I won't be happy leaving my data connection on all the time, hence simple SMS, for me, is the best
Original post by G8D
Their only worth is patents now, if they even have any worth having.

And they'd wipe out one of there competitors.
Reply 7883
Original post by wizard710
Until we have batteries that last a lot longer than they currently do, I won't be happy leaving my data connection on all the time

One of the biggest daily problems in the world right now with a huge but probably non-existing market. If you figured a way to make batteries last a week with no charging on a heavy consuming phone, you could make :millions: billions

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Original post by es.c
One of the biggest daily problems in the world right now with a huge but probably non-existing market. If you figured a way to make batteries last a week with no charging on a heavy consuming phone, you could make :millions: billions

Or... You work out how to recharge them very quickly indeed!
Reply 7885
Original post by es.c
Whatsapp is cross platform, so if they got whatsapp on BB, they can talk to people with whatsapp on android. That's literally the only difference. They both have huge user bases

BB messenger is heavily encrypted, hence the attraction from business users; I doubt whatsapp is.
Got my replacement phone... it's still S3. :colonhash:

Oh, and the capacitive buttons don't work.

Original post by + polarity -
Got my replacement phone... it's still S3. :colonhash:

Oh, and the capacitive buttons don't work.

Wait... what? It's still S3? What's wrong with the S3 or am I being reyt dense?
Original post by mikeyd85
Wait... what? It's still S3? What's wrong with the S3 or am I being reyt dense?

By S3 I mean the processor (MSM8260). I ordered the phone under the proviso that it had the S4 (MSM8260A, it's better in every way rly) but it came with that. So I got a replacement, which still had the S3, and buttons that didn't work. :innocent:
Original post by + polarity -

Quote from some guy on 'Have you ever been romantically/sexually attracted to another TSR member?'

That polarity guy is pretty fine :sexface:

:lolwut:
Original post by hassi94
Quote from some guy on 'Have you ever been romantically/sexually attracted to another TSR member?'

:lolwut:

I've literally just seen that hahaha
This post may turn into a ramble/nonsensical, but bear with me:

I got my Galaxy SII in August last year. Worked like a treat, until I dropped it in some water. I sent it off to my insurance company for repair, get it back, works fine. I upgraded to ICS back in May, and since then my phone has been playing up- random crashes, turning wifi on/off wouldn't work all the time (though that's been fixed so far since I upgraded to 4.04 from 4.03), the phone would randomly restart itself, and sometimes when it restarted, at least 20% of the battery power would vanish (that also has been fixed since 4.04. However, my phone crashed today, so I had to take the battery out and back in, and the battery went from 43% to 15%?). My question is this: is it possible the insurance company replaced the damaged hardware in my phone for a cheaper/easier fix? Therefore, the reason my phone is struggling with ICS is because the phone no longer has the specs it used to? Is there any way to find out the specs of my specific phone? Thanks, and I hope someone can help :redface:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7892
Original post by Karma Charger

I got my Galaxy SII in August last year. Worked like a treat, until I dropped it in some water. I sent it off to my insurance company for repair, get it back, works fine. I upgraded to ICS back in May, and since then my phone has been playing up- random crashes, turning wifi on/off wouldn't work all the time (though that's been fixed so far since I upgraded to 4.04 from 4.03), the phone would randomly restart itself, and sometimes when it restarted, at least 20% of the battery power would vanish (that also has been fixed since 4.04. However, my phone crashed today, so I had to take the battery out and back in, and the battery went from 43% to 15%?). My question is this: is it possible the insurance company replaced the damaged hardware in my phone for a cheaper/easier fix? Therefore, the reason my phone is struggling with ICS is because the phone no longer has the specs it used to? Is there any way to find out the specs of my specific phone? Thanks, and I hope someone can help :redface:

I don't think it would have been cheaper for the insurance company to have done something nefarious than it would for them to have just got a replacement phone.
I've heard other people report issues with the S2 ICS update, so I don't think it's just a problem with your phone.
Original post by estel
I don't think it would have been cheaper for the insurance company to have done something nefarious than it would for them to have just got a replacement phone.
I've heard other people report issues with the S2 ICS update, so I don't think it's just a problem with your phone.

How do you check the specs of your phone anyway? Is that possible? Thanks.

Original post by G8D
Settings > About Phone gives me some specs. Processor/RAM.

Or you could look at GSM Arena.

Screenshot_2012-08-23-02-03-53.png

All I have is that.
Original post by G8D
Then check GSM Arena!

I went on the website if that's what you mean? I meant check the specs of my phone, not the specs of a standard SII.

Reply 7896
I went on the website if that's what you mean? I meant check the specs of my phone, not the specs of a standard SII.

It's not like a PC, I'm pretty sure they can't have just swapped out the processor for a lower one etc. If you are having hardware problems then why not send it to the insurance company again? If you suspect they might be software problems, search on the internet for other people having the same ones. Try xda, the subreddit for your phone, etc.

Yeah, that's quite similar to what ICS did to my S2

Using the TSR App - Please excuse any typos :smile:

The same thing happens to me sometimes.
Reply 7899
Can someone recommend a decent music player on the android platform? I have an S3 with ICS firmware if it helps

Latest

Trending

Trending