The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

jelly bean is meant to be officially released very soon on the s3
Original post by DaveDavids
jelly bean is meant to be officially released very soon on the s3

Apparently they'll release it on the S2 soon after, assuming it passes all the tests. I want my hands on Google now and butter :sogood:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Got JB running very nicely on my Desire S at the mo. Nice stock ROM.
Downloaded Onavo, and Onavo Extend, got 750mb and worried i will go over. Sticking to Wifi alot, but any tips/apps or things to disable to get more mb per month of my S3?
The lack of ROMs is really getting to me now :emo:

Virtually the whole of my phone's development sub-forum is filled with ROMs for... the other model :sigh:
Which UI is better, touchwiz or sense? Out of those two...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7946
Original post by Karma Charger
Which UI is better, touchwiz or sense?

I'll throw one in the hat for "stock" :p:
Original post by estel
I'll throw one in the hat for "stock" :p:

I meant out of those two :p:
Original post by Karma Charger
Which UI is better, touchwiz or sense? Out of those two...

I don't know about newer versions of TouchWiz but I've always been a fan of Sense.
I'm really enjoying Sense 4. I recently updated my mum's S2 to 4.0.something, and I assume it still has TouchWiz. There doesn't seem to be any progression (coming from 2.3.3 and whatever version of TW it shipped with) and it still looks rather... iPhoney. I'd rather take stock over TouchWiz, but probably Sense over stock.
Original post by alex_hk90
I don't know about newer versions of TouchWiz but I've always been a fan of Sense.

My friend has an HTC, can't remember whether it was a wildfire or desire and I preferred the UI on my S2. I haven't tried newer versions of sense so I can't comment. Seems to be a very dividing topic... I think touchwiz is more simplistic tbh (which isn't a bad thing, look at the iPhone!)
Original post by + polarity -
I'm really enjoying Sense 4. I recently updated my mum's S2 to 4.0.something, and I assume it still has TouchWiz. There doesn't seem to be any progression (coming from 2.3.3 and whatever version of TW it shipped with) and it still looks rather... iPhoney. I'd rather take stock over TouchWiz, but probably Sense over stock.

Yeah it barely changed, the only difference I saw was the font :teehee:
This is a pretty nooby question, but if you send a text to multiple contacts, it appears as a group chat text on your phone. Will it appear the same to everyone else, and will they have to reply to the group as a whole? Will they see everyone else's numbers that I sent a text to?
I love my S2 but I'm bored with it. There's no phone out there I want either :s-smilie:
Reply 7954
Original post by silent ninja
I love my S2 but I'm bored with it. There's no phone out there I want either :s-smilie:

Have you rooted and installed custom ROMs? Should stave away boredom for a while if you haven't:smile:
Samsung Galaxy Note II specs look amazing. 1.6ghz quad core processor, 2gb of ram :eek4:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Finally got round to rooting my phone. Now my Wi-Fi doesn't work.

I hate this.

Oh. It's back.

:colonhash:
:teehee:

That's the way it goes sometimes!
Still wish I had the S4 :sigh:

:getmecoat:
Reply 7959
Original post by + polarity -
Still wish I had the S4 :sigh:

:getmecoat:

Decided not to make them send you another one? I would!

Latest

Trending

Trending