The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7260
Original post by KingMessi
Should be a comfortable win really. Shame about the lack of options up front, though...:sigh:

Darren Bent is available!

But he wasn't selected! :angry:
Reply 7261
Someone make a thread.
Reply 7262
Original post by Deshi
Someone make a thread.

I think mods have to approve them.

Penalty is fair, I think, but the yellow is harsh unless he mentioned the ref's mother or something.
Original post by TRS-T

When was the last time Darren Bent had a good game?
Original post by TRS-T

Silly.

Well, that should be that given Moldova's lack of attacking talent.
Reply 7265
Original post by Stu Laverty

When was the last time he got a shot on target :holmes:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I still never like seeing Milner line up in an England shirt.
Reply 7267
Original post by Deshi
Someone make a thread.

Sorry, I just got online and have just approved it: it's here. :colondollar:
Original post by Deshi
Someone make a thread.

Original post by Hopple
I think mods have to approve them.

Penalty is fair, I think, but the yellow is harsh unless he mentioned the ref's mother or something.

There is a thread. :beard:

Damn you, Abiral. :dry:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7269
Original post by Kevmeister
There is a thread. :beard:

Damn you, Abiral. :dry:

Any time. :top2: :tongue:
Sterling, Livermore and Lallana called up to the squad. - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19527517

Guess Sterling looks a good prospect though maybe a little early for a call up, Lallana was fantastic in the Championship last year and looks capable of continuing that. Don't rate Livermore though that's mainly because he was woeful when on loan at Leeds a couple of seasons ago. Guessing none of them will play but at least it gives them a bit of experience of being in and around the England team.
Reply 7271
Original post by Stu Laverty

For England? I think the last four games he has played for them. As a Villa fan, I can safely say he didn't have the link up play to him last season and he is only just getting into it now the team is playing good football again.

I'm surprised Crouch wasn't called up either.
Ashworth named Director of Elite development, to take up the role next summer.
Reply 7273
I know it is a cushy job with basically no real problems but to me it is just a boring job. He should have stayed at WBA or tried for a bigger club.
Reply 7274
Original post by Mess.
I know it is a cushy job with basically no real problems but to me it is just a boring job. He should have stayed at WBA or tried for a bigger club.

If you're talking about the England job...

I think there's a lot of pressure, far more than at club level. At (premiership) club level you've got probably around a few 100,000 fans or so, whereas the whole football-watching nation is interested in the England team - that's far more people to impress!

There's also a pool of around 500 or so players to pick from, rather than 25, all playing different formations and tactics for their respective clubs. You've got to make a group of 23 guys from different clubs understand what you want from them and to get them to play together. It must be pretty stressful! Can understand why a lot of England managers (or any national manager, for that matter) struggle.

Hodgson was doing a good job at WBA, but they've carried on playing well without him. Leaving Fulham for Liverpool was the worst decision he's made.
Reply 7275
Original post by skotch
If you're talking about the England job...

I think there's a lot of pressure, far more than at club level. At (premiership) club level you've got probably around a few 100,000 fans or so, whereas the whole football-watching nation is interested in the England team - that's far more people to impress!

There's also a pool of around 500 or so players to pick from, rather than 25, all playing different formations and tactics for their respective clubs. You've got to make a group of 23 guys from different clubs understand what you want from them and to get them to play together. It must be pretty stressful! Can understand why a lot of England managers (or any national manager, for that matter) struggle.

Hodgson was doing a good job at WBA, but they've carried on playing well without him. Leaving Fulham for Liverpool was the worst decision he's made.

You do realise my post was in reference to the one above mine don't you?

Original post by skotch

Its in reference to Ashworth's role within the FA. See previous page for link. :smile:
Reply 7277
Original post by Mess.
You do realise my post was in reference to the one above mine don't you?

Original post by Kevmeister
Its in reference to Ashworth's role within the FA. See previous page for link. :smile:

Ahhh, sorry! I assumed, because you mentioned WBA, that you were referring to Hodgson! Didn't realise the Ashworth was at WBA before.
John Terry has retired from international football. '...position is untenable'.
Reply 7279
Good riddance. Gob ****e.

Latest