The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Everyone, the game I have been looking forward to for the whole year, pocket planes, has been released on android! Played it on a friends phone for a bit before and must say its amazingly addictive. Its a bit buggy now, but its supposed to be considering its a new release and all.
What the hell is an integer pipeline? :beard:
Original post by + polarity -
What the hell is an integer pipeline? :beard:

It's like a hose pipe but for numbers.
Original post by mikeyd85
It's like a hose pipe but for numbers.

I read a post (well, an argument) on xda about the difference between processors, it sounded quite interesting. I may read a bit about it in my onesie one day
Does anyone use Apex Launcher? New update constantly crashes.
Original post by Karma Charger

Yes. I haven't got the latest beta (turned them off tbh, for that reason). Tried clearing app cache?
Yes. I haven't got the latest beta (turned them off tbh, for that reason). Tried clearing app cache?

Yep, nothing. Switched to Nova Launcher :ahee:
Yep, nothing. Switched to Nova Launcher :ahee:

Let me know how it compares. Been a while since I used Nova.

Look at reviews on the play store - everyone is complaining. I guess I'll be holding out on updating :tongue:
Let me know how it compares. Been a while since I used Nova.

I prefer Apex, easier to add widgets/shortcuts to the home screen. Apex also has a section listing just downloaded apps. Though the home screen on Nova is kind of cool the way the widgets move as you're scrolling through the pages, it's like it's 3D...

EDIT: Apex is so much better, you could restore suggested videos on the YouTube widget you got rid of by swiping up, can't on Nova...

Original post by Intriguing Alias
Look at reviews on the play store - everyone is complaining. I guess I'll be holding out on updating :tongue:

Such a fail of an update, I set my google play account for automatic updates :facepalm2:
(edited 11 years ago)

I prefer Apex, easier to add widgets/shortcuts to the home screen. Apex also has a section listing just downloaded apps. Though the home screen on Nova is kind of cool the way the widgets move as you're scrolling through the pages, it's like it's 3D...

EDIT: Apex is so much better, you could restore suggested videos on the YouTube widget you got rid of by swiping up, can't on Nova...

Such a fail of an update, I set my google play account for automatic updates :facepalm2:

There's a new update now. Fixes the FC. It's lovely and smooth. Based on jellybean launcher.
There's a new update now. Fixes the FC. It's lovely and smooth. Based on jellybean launcher.

Praise be to Jesus! :biggrin:
What's the best app to track call time usage (SG2)? I use 3G Watchdog for data, Droidstats (which I think did call time!) used to crash my old S1 but if its reccomended I'd be willing to try again.

Never had any use for monitoring call time, I'd only use around 5 minutes a month, but after a week at uni I'm nearly 100 minutes already...
Grabbed a Samsung S3 after selling my iPhone 4s... The phone is alright, the screen is amazing however the touch senstive buttons are too sensitive and it is uncomfortable holding the phone sometimes without interfering with that.

Also Android OS is ok.. but it just can't beat the slickness of a jailbroken iPhone.... And texting... TEXTING is my main issue, the auto correct is crap unlike the iPhone. WHen i make spelling mistakes it doesn't auto correct it properly and there does not seem to be an adaptive learning option? Like it doesnt learn words when typing it repeatedly.
Original post by TinFish
Grabbed a Samsung S3 after selling my iPhone 4s... The phone is alright, the screen is amazing however the touch senstive buttons are too sensitive and it is uncomfortable holding the phone sometimes without interfering with that.

Also Android OS is ok.. but it just can't beat the slickness of a jailbroken iPhone.... And texting... TEXTING is my main issue, the auto correct is crap unlike the iPhone. WHen i make spelling mistakes it doesn't auto correct it properly and there does not seem to be an adaptive learning option? Like it doesnt learn words when typing it repeatedly.

For the keyboard - try SwiftKey 3 :smile:
Original post by TinFish

Get swiftkey 3 from google play. Great keyboard app, I ended up buying the pro edition. Touch sensitive buttons are too sensitive? :lolwut:
For the keyboard - try SwiftKey 3 :smile:

Beat me to it!
Get swiftkey 3 from google play. Great keyboard app, I ended up buying the pro edition. Touch sensitive buttons are too sensitive? :lolwut:

Yes, because the screen makes the rim of the phone ultra thin its awkward to hold at times. My finger brushes the touch sensitive buttons sometimes.

Ok thanks ill try swiftkey
Samsung devices that will get jelly bean. Just thought I'd pass it on.
Reply 8179
There's a pretty serious vulnerability that has possibly been discovered today in most Samsung phones (check @tomscott and @pof) that might allow an attacker to remotely wipe your phone if you visit a website, scan a QR/NFC tag or receive a WAP SMS message.

If proven, it's possible there will be a lot of attempts at exploiting this over the next few days/weeks - be careful!

Latest

Trending

Trending