The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

The UEA Question Thread

Scroll to see replies

So I'm thinking of going to UEA next September and am a keen road cyclist. Is there a road cycling club or team at the university?

Thanks
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
There is a road and mtb sports club, here is their Facebook page. It costs £10 to join. Stick a post on their to find out more!
the postroom dont bother checking to see if we're still in accommodation do they?
thinking of sending my parcel there as I know I won't be in to sign for it, and I don't think my housemate will be either.
Original post by makingamemory
the postroom dont bother checking to see if we're still in accommodation do they?
thinking of sending my parcel there as I know I won't be in to sign for it, and I don't think my housemate will be either.

I don't think so. I did the same thing a couple of times at the start of second year and it was fine.

However, the other day I saw in one of the pigeon holes in the med building a small parcel for someone that had "no longer in uni accommodation" written on it.

As long as you pick it up straight away then I imagine it will be fine. Either that or you leave a note at your house for the delivery man saying "leave with house number X" or "leave down the side of the house" or something :dontknow:
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
I don't think so. I did the same thing a couple of times at the start of second year and it was fine.

However, the other day I saw in one of the pigeon holes in the med building a small parcel for someone that had "no longer in uni accommodation" written on it.

As long as you pick it up straight away then I imagine it will be fine. Either that or you leave a note at your house for the delivery man saying "leave with house number X" or "leave down the side of the house" or something :dontknow:

I guess if it gets to the pigeon holes they've had two weeks to try and contact/find that person to collect it so they'll notice they aren't in accommodation anymore. I'll just try it, it's the unis fault I'm not in during the day anyway!! :tongue:
Could anyone tell me the easiest way to get to Sainsbury's? :smile:
Reply 806
Original post by endlessblue
Could anyone tell me the easiest way to get to Sainsbury's? :smile:

Sainsburys in the City Centre is located just beyond the turn into St. Stephen's Street (the street with Chapelfield) on the city ring road on the right hand side. If you're going by bus, the easiest way to get there is probably just to use the 25 buses and then walk over from the St. Stephens Street stop. Morrisons on the other end of the 25 bus route is a little closer to the bus stops if you're struggling with lots of bags. Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by Eloquai
Sainsburys in the City Centre is located just beyond the turn into St. Stephen's Street (the street with Chapelfield) on the city ring road on the right hand side. If you're going by bus, the easiest way to get there is probably just to use the 25 buses and then walk over from the St. Stephens Street stop. Morrisons on the other end of the 25 bus route is a little closer to the bus stops if you're struggling with lots of bags. Hope that helps :smile:

Great, thank you :biggrin:
Reply 808
Original post by Eloquai

Original post by endlessblue
Great, thank you :biggrin:

Be aware though guys that the 25 services now only stop at Morrisons at certain times of the day. They've basically stopped going there at rush hour to try and improve bus reliability.
Reply 809
Thinking of applying to UEA in 2013, for English Literature!

Wondering if it is a good uni, as i saw that there was a slightly lower employment rate to sussex and others i have been looking at.

also, does anyone take English Lit at UEA, whats it like, from the website the modules look amazing. (:
Reply 810
If you get accepted to UEA, do they require an interview? I'm applying for business management if that helps :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Student C
If you get accepted to UEA, do they require an interview? I'm applying for business management if that helps :smile:

For most courses, UEA don't require an interview. They may well invite you to a Visit Day, during which they may allocate each applicant a member of staff to have a chat with. I understand this may sound like an interview (heck, I approached it as such!), but by then, you usually have your offer. It just aids the University in finding out what sort of person you are.

This is what happened in Chemistry... Not sure how they run things in the Norwich Business School.
Reply 812
Thank you :smile: does anyone knowing the Norwich business school is in the same campus as the main bit of UEA... Because I've heard some other unis have their business school in a completely different place to the main site

Reply 813
Hi!

I didn't realise UEA had a japanese course until very recently and so thinking of applying there now as I really like Norwich.

As it's a pretty new course I can't find much about it on forums etc..

I was just wondering how any of you were finding it so far?
First impressions etc?

Reply 814
Original post by Student C
Thank you :smile: does anyone knowing the Norwich business school is in the same campus as the main bit of UEA... Because I've heard some other unis have their business school in a completely different place to the main site

NBS is located on campus (in one of the snazzier new buildings no less). It's a little bit further away from the main parts of campus than some of the other schools, but we're talking about 3-4 minutes here. :tongue:
Going on Saturday, looking to study business

If no please just reply no so I know!

Reply 817
Original post by GemmaSmith
If no please just reply no so I know!

Sorry, what was your question?

On a side note I might give you a campus tour on Saturday ^_^

Xxx

posted from the TSR Android app
What's the nightlife like at UEA? Going to the open day tomorrow but obviously won't learn much about the nightlife!!

????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending