The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_4_16gb

:coma:

Now that's what you call value for money. The Nexus 10 isn't badly priced either. Just goes to show how much of an Apple premium there is when they can get away with charging £529 for their latest iPhone.
Original post by G8D
Sorry! Devices on Google Play is not available in your country yet.
We're working to bring devices to more countries as quickly as possible.
Please check back again soon.

:angry:

Where did you get that from? I thought orders start in two weeks time.

Edit: Nevermind your from Norway. It makes sense now :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by silent ninja
LG Nexus 4:

£239 8gb
£279 16gb

:eek: :eek: :eek:

How is that even possible?!?! I'm VERY interested in getting one now.

Same here (8GB version).
Original post by G8D
I'm just living here atm.

But everyone keeps linking to these pages and I can't ever see them :'(

Do you want to see the tech specs for the Nexus 4? It's just awesome, the only thing the phone is lacking is 4G, but we won't be getting that in the UK for another 7-8 months at least so it's not that big of a miss.

Tech Specs

SCREEN

4.7" diagonal
1280 x 768 pixel resolution (320 ppi)
WXGA IPS
Corning(R) Gorilla(R) Glass 2

CPU
Qualcomm Snapdragon(TM) S4 Pro

SIZE
133.9 x 68.7 x 9.1 mm

WEIGHT
139g

CAMERAS
8 MP (main)
1.3 MP (front)
NETWORK
Unlocked GSM/UMTS/HSPA+
GSM/EDGE/GPRS (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
3G (850, 900, 1700, 1900, 2100 MHz)
HSPA+ 21

MEMORY
16 GB internal storage (actual formatted capacity will be less)
2 GB RAM

CONNECTIVITY
Micro USB
SlimPort HDMI
3.5mm headphone jack

WIRELESS

Wireless charging
WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
NFC (Android Beam)
Bluetooth

BATTERY
2,100 mAh Lithium polymer
OS
Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)

SENSORS
Microphone
Accelerometer
Compass
Ambient light
Gyroscope
Barometer
GPS

As good as the new iPhone but half the price, definitely getting this.
I'm tempted to get a Nexus 10...
Original post by G8D
Most specs leaked before hand. I just keep clicking the links to the play store accidentally and getting annoyed at the error :P

I may get this when I come back to the UK in December. Need to see how it feels/if any notable issues arise in reviews. Also need to decide if 16GB is enough. I'd ideally want to replace my iPod touch and with only 16GB for everything I'd need to massively prune my library (a task that could be accomplished but takes effort).

OTG storage? You can get it on the Nexus 7 once rooted, don't see why Nexus 10 couldn't.
Original post by TheInvincibles14
Do you want to see the tech specs for the Nexus 4? It's just awesome, the only thing the phone is lacking is 4G, but we won't be getting that in the UK for another 7-8 months at least so it's not that big of a miss.

As good as the new iPhone but half the price, definitely getting this.

Better than the iPhone 5. The screen on that is an elongated POS. It doesn't look elegant at all. So unimpressed with the 5. The 3GS remains the best iPhone ever made IMO.

This phone is a bargain but I'm still gonna wait for reviews before dumping my S2.
Anyone else put off by the fact that it's made by LG?
Original post by itsmyname
Anyone else put off by the fact that it's made by LG?

I had the last flagship phone from LG - the Optimus 2x.

It had great hardware and an OK UI... but it'd crash every time you put it on charge. :facepalm: It was utterly useless to me tbh. The Nexus 4 looks so good on paper, but I'll be keeping an eye out on the forums to see if it stands the test of the general public.
Original post by whyumadtho
I'm tempted to get a Nexus 10...

Me too. Can't decide if I want the portability of the Nexus 7 or the screen of the N10
Does anyone know the best place to sell mobile phones? Seriously considering selling my 1 month old S3 for a Nexus 4, but I want at least 300-320 quid for my S3...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dunno about that. It [having SD and internal memory] confuses the **** out of my housemate.

I still want the option to expand the storage capacity if I desire. If consumers are confused by having two storage areas the simple solution is to not insert a microSD card. I certainly don't understand how having expandable storage is "techy nonsense". :confused: This sounds like Apple's ethos... :erm:
I still want the option to expand the storage capacity if I desire. If consumers are confused by having two storage areas the simple solution is to not insert a microSD card. I certainly don't understand how having expandable storage is "techy nonsense". :confused: This sounds like Apple's ethos... :erm:

TBF though, if you want SD memory and AOSP feel, it isn't hard to get CM installed on any other device...

Surely the obvious solution to that would be to increase storage/add other storage size options for the non-tech person and add a microsd slot for technologically minded people. It'd still be cheaper than apple and it wouldn't alienate one group of consumers. Least they could do is include a 32GB option for all nexus devices. One thing apple seems to do to counteract their lack of external storage is offer large storage sizes. Although their inflated prices has always made 64GB wholly unattractive, and unfathomable, to me.

Problem with the current way google do things is it leaves a gap between the non-tech and very technologically minded. Because there will be those who know their way around this "problem" but don't know how to enable OTG storage.
Original post by G8D
I don't really buy the reasoning. Surely you could have the slot but not supply an SD card with the phone. Then it becomes the user's choice whether or not to expand.

TBF, no 4G and no SDCard are two things I'd lose for the price that it's going for.
Who isn't interested in buying a Nexus 4? I just wanna see the size of it in the flesh then I'm sold. It looks well built and it's a Nexus device so this time next year it will be no slouch.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm considering the One X+, it would be a nice upgrade from my desire HD.

Latest

Trending

Trending