The Student Room Group

GCSE you did worst in

Scroll to see replies

Core science, got a D
Original post by TheLightBulb
... and Churchill College, Cambridge has issued statistics for 9A* average? Also studying statistics, averages can be skewed by anomalies meaning that a few lower GCSE scores which some of the more luckier applicants had does not meant that lots and lots got less than 6A*s. I'm sure there's a wide range of grades that people get to get in, but generally speaking it's best to get the best GCSEs you can, especially as A levels are much harder. As we both are not currently at Cambridge, we both do not know what they are looking for. It would be great if we did. :smile:

Yeah, anomalous GCSE performances can skew application statistics, but it works both ways. Plenty of applicants come from the top private schools where everybody gets >12A*s. I don't think a few applicants with extenuating circumstances at GCSE can skew admissions statistics when we're talking about well over 10,000 applicants a year and about 3,500 offer holders. But obviously, yes, the higher grades, the better chance of getting in.

Anyway, this is getting a bit tangential to the topic at hand so I shall bid you good day :smile:
Reply 222
ICT, I got an E lol.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by `Jts
ICT I got an E lol.

Jevans or Slocombe?:tongue:
Reply 224
Got a D in both RS and HE.

HE was my teacher's fault as much as mine. Lost coursework and stuff although managed to get a D by acing the exam.
Reply 225
Got a B in my final graphics exam, which brought my grade down to an A. I know an A is a great grade, but it was really frustrating because of all the time I'd dedicated to it; it annoyed me that I got an A* in RE without going to any lessons, but only an A in graphics after spending countless nights at school until 6 to finish my coursework.
Reply 226
General studies: D
Then again only general studies.

My biggest regret in life is not trying at GCSE's
Reply 227
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Jevans or Slocombe?:tongue:

Evans :/
B in History & ICT short course
Reply 229
Original post by proud nd luvin it
I got B's in Spanish and P.E... and a boy who had never done any exercise in his life got an A* in it... :sigh:

same here i got a B in french and PE and the girls in my class who were out of breath and dying manged to get A's and A*'s
Original post by `Jts
Evans :/

There is a new one now..
(edited 11 years ago)
Music, I got a B. That was simply because my teacher left and then I had a new one every few weeks so never really learnt anything until the last few months when I got an amazing teacher. I was only 2 marks away from an A though and a B is still a great achievement anyway.
French-D
Reply 233
Human Health and Physiology- C. It turned out my teachers were teaching us the wrong stuff for it. :eek:
C in English Language, lol, my only C. Got A* in Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology though, and an A in History, Product Design and IT.

:s
A in english literature :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 236
English Literature, 1 mark off an a* :frown:

Negged because I revised as hard as I could and did very well because of it?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 237
Maths... I got an E but I was and am good with numbers. I just could not be bothered to revise for it :hat:
Reply 238
I'm going back about 5 years now but my worst GCSE's were D's, French and History. We were all made to do French, and I have no idea, looking back, why I chose History. I still went on to do it at A level too! :/
Reply 239
Either Art or ICT, which is ironic because art was my second favourite subject and ICT was probably my second least favourite. I say either because I got a B in both and I'm not sure which had a higher UMS overall because my ICT was graded in distinction/merit/pass which I don't really understand when it comes to UMS.

I love drawing and being creative but I hated pursuing an art project. It really annoyed me that I had to fill a book with research and test pieces and things like that, and that I wasn't really allowed to draw what I wanted. I guess I loved art as a hobby but not as a subject. I put a lot of work in especially in year 11 but couldn't get an A.

ICT I just didn't like, I'm not great with computers and I didn't put a lot of effort in.

However, if short course PE was a formal qualification and not just a timetable-filler at my school, I probably would have got a U :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest