The Student Room Group

Creative writing

Heyyy ,
I've always struggled with creative writing, any tips tiOimprove before the English language exam ?
Reply 1
honestly just try to use fancy ass words
Original post by unknown4334
Heyyy ,
I've always struggled with creative writing, any tips tiOimprove before the English language exam ?

Use different vocabulary - namely adjectives and always vary your sentence structures (for example, vary sentence lengths and punctuation - like a semi-colon). Try not to be too repetitive as well.
Always attempt to engage the reader as much as you can, read your essay over after and think about what you can do to further engage the reader.
Do practice questions too!
I hope that helps and good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by unknown4334
Heyyy ,

I did my GCSEs last year, and I just wrote a story before hand and slightly changed it to match the question. If u don’t have time for that, I recommend just using a thesaurus to write 3 really descriptive paragraphs describing, like a tree or anything non specific really that you can just memorise and throw into the story when necessary. That means you d get all those good words and phrases in quickly and can focus on the plot. just listen to the paragraphs on a dictation app memorise it. Good luck GCSEs are the worst

Quick Reply

Latest