The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3
OMG, thank you so much!
Reply 4
Thank you!
Reply 5
I want to rep you like a hundred times over!
Reply 6
Thank you!!! :colondollar:
Reply 7
how did people find this exam?
Reply 8
I did the rebranding question, and I hated the source. No facts or anything to quote, so I'm worried that I approached it wrong. The extreme weather side was ok, but I admit that my investigated river wasn't precisely the same one as I described! :wink:

Also beats me as to why Edexcel scheduled French and Geography at the same time! That was a LONG day.
Original post by amelany9
I did the rebranding question, and I hated the source. No facts or anything to quote, so I'm worried that I approached it wrong. The extreme weather side was ok, but I admit that my investigated river wasn't precisely the same one as I described! :wink:

Also beats me as to why Edexcel scheduled French and Geography at the same time! That was a LONG day.

Tell me something.Is geography an easy subject?Is scoring an A in geography is easier than scoring an A in any other science subjects?Please help!
Thanks
Reply 10
Original post by saifulahmed
Tell me something.Is geography an easy subject?Is scoring an A in geography is easier than scoring an A in any other science subjects?Please help!
Thanks

I don't take any sciences, so I'm not sure.

The main thing is that to get an A in Geography, you need to be able to write well. It's an essay-based subject. If you're more of a sciences/maths based person you might find this difficult. (You MIGHT. Not saying that all scientists can't write essays too!)

I know people who have taken Geography and Sciences - some struggle with essays, but others cope well.
Original post by amelany9
I don't take any sciences, so I'm not sure.

The main thing is that to get an A in Geography, you need to be able to write well. It's an essay-based subject. If you're more of a sciences/maths based person you might find this difficult. (You MIGHT. Not saying that all scientists can't write essays too!)

I know people who have taken Geography and Sciences - some struggle with essays, but others cope well.

I had economics in CIE O'level.In economics the more you write, the more marks you get.Its easy to understand, but there is no one word answers!You can answer in one word but you won't get any marks!:tongue:Is it the same thing with geography?
Thanks.:smile:
Reply 12
Thanks

Hey, so I have completed my AS levels, and I do Maths, bio,chem and geo.
Geo is my most easiest subject, as I enjoy it the most( I hope to do it in uni). On comparison to the other subjects, there is a lot less knowledge needed, just remembering the case studies esp for unit 2. what are your other subject exam boards?
Original post by simibean
Hey, so I have completed my AS levels, and I do Maths, bio,chem and geo.
Geo is my most easiest subject, as I enjoy it the most( I hope to do it in uni). On comparison to the other subjects, there is a lot less knowledge needed, just remembering the case studies esp for unit 2. what are your other subject exam boards?

I've finished my o'level under CIE, and now doing my a'levels from edexcel. I'm sitting for 5subjects, but after finishing these five i'm planning to take two more subjects where i can easily score an A. umm i think i'll sit for computing under CIE but i'm not sure about the other subject. I thought about Geo, but its more of memorizing.So i think geo is not the subject for me.
Reply 14
I had economics in CIE O'level.In economics the more you write, the more marks you get.Its easy to understand, but there is no one word answers!You can answer in one word but you won't get any marks!:tongue:Is it the same thing with geography?
Thanks.:smile:

With geography, answers can be long or short, just so long as they convey the answers needed to get the marks. It's better to be concise and to the point. But I agree that there's a lot of memorising! Essentially, you have to understand the theory and then support your knowledge with case studies.
"describe the human and physical features of the coast" (10 Marks) I Know the Points (Below) but do not know how to describe them, If possible could someone describe at least a few - Would Be Very Helpful
Physical : Spit/Bar/Tombolo, Beaches/Cliffs, Natural Harbour, Sand Dune Ecosystems, Woodland Near Coast
Human : Port, Settlement, New Shoreline Homes/Hotels, Road leading to ferry, Ferries/Boats, Footpaths in dunes
For some reason the documents aren't opening? Is anyone else having this problem?
Reply 17
Original post by k.suhaimi
Edexcel AS Level Geography Unit 2: Geographical Investigations Notes on the following topics only:
- Physical Topic (2): Crowded Coasts
- Human Topic (4): Rebranding Places

Thanks so much. Fantastic help.
Reply 18
Original post by k.suhaimi
Edexcel AS Level Geography Unit 2: Geographical Investigations Notes on the following topics only:
- Physical Topic (2): Crowded Coasts
- Human Topic (4): Rebranding Places

Hi, You don't also happen to have notes on Unit 1 by any chance do you?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:smile:
Reply 19
Hi!!! I was wondering if anyone sat the JUNE 2013 UNIT 2 paper?? I need some help and would like to know if these were the questions for the june 2013 that came up for crowded coasts and rebranding.
Please if anyone could remember the questions.. could u try to confirm and remember if these were the ones?

CROWDED COASTS:
2 (a) Suggest how the photographs show possible conflicts between groups over the development of the coast.
2( b ) Using examples, explain how different strategies can be used to make coastal management more sustainable.
2 ( c) Describe the results and conclusions of the fieldwork and research you undertook to investigate the pressure of human activities of the coast.
2(c) Describe the results and conclusions of the fieldwork and research you undertook to investigate the pressure of human activities of the coast.

Re branding places:
4(A) comment on how the three strategies shown could contribute to urban re-imaging.
4(b) For either an urban or a rural area, describe the fieldwork and research you undertook to investigate why the area needed rebranding.
4(c) Using examples, explain the roles of different players involved in helping to rebrand rural areas.

Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending