The Student Room Group

Birmingham bus stabbing death: Man, 22, arrested on suspicion of murder of 16 ...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Harry Callahan
I wasn't posting one. I was explaining that the reason there are so many job-seekers per vacancy is because we have such high immigration levels. But continue to dodge the issue.

this wasnt a problem when we were in a boom, there were plenty of jobs to go around, i think its more about the state of the economy as opposed to immigration stop blaming immigration for everything
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Kibalchich
What is the ratio of jobseekers to vacancies across the country? Have a guess.

I'd have to guess that there are more job seekers than jobs available. But at the same time I can guess that over half of these job seekers don't help themselves either by their attitude, dress, or professionalism.

I live in the north. It's very deprived. However, unlike some of the morons up here I have my eyes open. There is a job shortage up here, admittedly. But, I walk around and see so many people who I know for a fact, I wouldn't employ, because they don't help themselves. All this sympathy for these chav's who can't find jobs. Nightmare. They can buy £100 track suit but can't afford to look somewhat professional? Yeah, ok.
Original post by uktotalgamer
I'd have to guess that there are more job seekers than jobs available. But at the same time I can guess that over half of these job seekers don't help themselves either by their attitude, dress, or professionalism.

I live in the north. It's very deprived. However, unlike some of the morons up here I have my eyes open. There is a job shortage up here, admittedly. But, I walk around and see so many people who I know for a fact, I wouldn't employ, because they don't help themselves. All this sympathy for these chav's who can't find jobs. Nightmare. They can buy £100 track suit but can't afford to look somewhat professional? Yeah, ok.

Can you see the contradiction in your view?
Which estates? Name them.

Not going to name particular estates, as I'm not from London - though have visited many times, but areas such as Walthamstow, Edmonton, Peckham, Dalston, Colindale all have big black communities.
Original post by regularposter
this argument is so old

Might be old, but its true.
Not going to name particular estates, as I'm not from London - though have visited many times, but areas such as Walthamstow, Edmonton, Peckham, Dalston, Colindale all have big black communities.

You admit you were making it up. Good boy. :smile:
this wasnt a problem when we were in a boom, there were plenty of jobs to go around, i think its more about the state of the economy as opposed to immigration stop blaming immigration for everything

The boom generally came prior to this influx of immigration, and the effects of it.

You don't think there's been a link between mass immigration and huge job shortages, do you not?
Can you see the contradiction in your view?

No. They still need a good kick up the arse which was entirely my point. These people don't help themselves, aided by a benefit system that rewards having multiple kids to different men for example.
Might be old, but its true.

no its outdated
No. They still need a good kick up the arse which was entirely my point. These people don't help themselves, aided by a benefit system that rewards having multiple kids to different men for example.

So you admit that there aren't enough jobs to go round, but blame the individual who can't find a job. And you see no contradiction in this.

OK.
You admit you were making it up. Good boy. :smile:

Am I wrong? Those areas don't have large black populations, do they not?

Get your head out of the sand, Tarquin.
The boom generally came prior to this influx of immigration, and the effects of it.

You don't think there's been a link between mass immigration and huge job shortages, do you not?

if you studied economics you would realised that all economies go through booms and recessions its a cycle, my point is in the boom there were enough jobs to go around
no its outdated

Well, since you've made such a comprehensive argument...
if you studied economics you would realised that all economies go through booms and recessions its a cycle, my point is in the boom there were enough jobs to go around

Are you going to answer my question?
So you admit that there aren't enough jobs to go round, but blame the individual who can't find a job. And you see no contradiction in this.

OK.

There would be enough jobs to go round, if we didn't have to get willing immigrants in to do the jobs people don't want to do.
Reply 155
The topics people are currently discussing are now so unrelated to the thread (talk about demolishing a straw man) that it may be closed, which would be a shame. Please can people discuss the circumstances of this case, or stop posting and take their other debates elsewhere.

There's a link between a global recession and job shortages. There's a link between free-er movement of labour and free movement of capital. There's a link between free-er movement of labour and the declining rate of profit. Immigration is used to divide the working class and to put downward pressure on wages, to help prop up profits. Pro-capitalist organisations such as the CBI are pro immigration. You won't stop immigration. So from a pro working class perspective, falling for divide and rule is dumb. What is needed is working class solidarity between all nationalities, to put pressure on employers for better wages and conditions for all. You're a mug falling for divide and rule. A tool of the bosses.
Are you going to answer my question?

at the moment there are not enough jobs to go around cause we are in a recession nothing to do with immigration and if it was blame the employer for employing the imigrant, stop trying to make them the scapegoat. just like hilter blamed the jews for germany mess
Am I wrong? Those areas don't have large black populations, do they not?

Get your head out of the sand, Tarquin.

Tarquin? Ha ha ha! You think I'm a posh boy? :biggrin:
at the moment there are not enough jobs to go around cause we are in a recession nothing to do with immigration and if it was blame the employer for employing the imigrant, stop trying to make them the scapegoat. just like hilter blamed the jews for germany mess

LOL. I do blame employers. If I was Polish, I'd be packing my bags to come here because we're so soft. But to suggest that there is no link between immigration and job shortages is very naive.

Tarquin? Ha ha ha! You think I'm a posh boy? :biggrin:

You're probably one of the blackhead farmers who attends student protests with your New Labour mates.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending