The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Law Paper 1 26th May 2023

Hi,

I haven't found any threads discussing Law A level (AQA). I'm struggling a bit to remember all of the content.
Please join this thread to predict questions, share resources, study tips, etc!
(edited 11 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does anyone know how to answer the q9s i dont understand them
Reply 2
Original post by Kingbets

omg same. do u do AQA?
Reply 3
does anyone here have discord so we can prepare for it??
Reply 4
Why is the law section so dead this year

hopefully i can explain this in the best way . . .
q9 in the AQA Law paper is the 15-marker conceptual essay question !!
i'll skip you the rest and just say what my teacher told us : it's 10 marks for the general essay on the given concept in the question, and 5 marks on discussing what the question itself specifies in relation to the concept. for paper 1, the concepts could be one between justice, theory or fault!

i'm sorry it's so late and one day before the exam ToT but i can further explain if still needed
Reply 6
Original post by justalittlesilly
i'll skip you the rest and just say what my teacher told us : it's 10 marks for the general essay on the given concept in the question, and 5 marks on discussing what the question itself specifies in relation to the concept. for paper 1, the concepts could be one between justice, theory or fault!

i'm sorry it's so late and one day before the exam ToT but i can further explain if still needed

Is theory the theorists in justice or the fair labelling stuff? also what do you think would come up in p1 and good luck
Original post by Becky_luna
Is theory the theorists in justice or the fair labelling stuff? also what do you think would come up in p1 and good luck

the latter, fair labeling stuff !
theorists in justice would only be relevant if the given concept is justice !

i have zero clue what it could be really oopss ToT ... but good luck to you too ! let's smash those exams tmrwww :smile: !
Reply 8
Anybody got any predictions? I’m still yet to revise for Q9 fault and/or justice. I doubt it will be a fair labelling essay as that has been one in past years.
Reply 9
How would you write about theory or fault? I'm solid on theories of justice, just not the other two TT
Reply 10
I predict that loss of control, theft, robbery, intoxication, duress of circumstances, automatism and the non fatal offences would be the most likely things to come up, seeming as they haven't come up recently in past papers. This isn't to say that they will be on there 100% but just more likely.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 11
Fault cam up last year for q9 so is it likely justice will come up this year
Reply 12

Apparently fault came up last year so hopefully, it is not on tomorrows paper x
Reply 13
Do you have any predictions for the English legal system and nature of law section. My teacher believes it will be delegated legislation or Tribunals (Other dispute resolution). Also, do you know what came up in the 2022 paper for the first section? x
Original post by JFatty150
I predict that loss of control, theft, robbery, intoxication, duress of circumstances, automatism and the non fatal offences would be the most likely things to come up, seeming as they haven't come up recently in past papers. This isn't to say that they will be on there 100% but just more likely.
Original post by rthegeneral
Do you have any predictions for the English legal system and nature of law section. My teacher believes it will be delegated legislation or Tribunals (Other dispute resolution). Also, do you know what came up in the 2022 paper for the first section? x

Those 2 things aren't in Paper 1 as far as I know, edit: they are, I didn't know 😭
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 15
Original post by rthegeneral

if youre talking about Q6 im not sure, i believe that q7 was duress? it was a little while ago so im not completely sure. im not too hot on english legal system stuff to be honest.
Reply 16

so the 10 marks is basically ur opinion as long as u read the book and just waffle about whats being said thats all right for the a03
Reply 17
so the 10 marks is basically ur opinion as long as u read the book and just waffle about whats being said thats all right for the a03

yeah basically just talk about the question, could be fault, justice theory; whatevers on paper 1, but link it to the different offences, defences. sometimes, the question will say 'discuss fault in murder' or 'discuss justice in these defences' blah blah blah, the broader the question the luckier we will be
Reply 18
What does everyone think the 30 markers will be on ?
Theft or Robbery, and probably Murder with a defence. Not sure though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending