The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

University of Wolverhampton sept 2013

Hi!
I have applied to do a BEd in Primary teaching at the Walsall campus starting in September. I have been offered a place and I was just wondering if there are any other people also hoping to come and if there are any who will be on the same course!
I thought it would be nice to get to know people who I may end up living with as of September :smile:
Sarah

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hiya I've got unconditional (i've already done my a levels) to do childhood studies, so not the same course but we'll both be at walsall campus!! :smile: have you managed to book your accommodation yet? Emma xx
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 2
That's amazing, well done :smile: No I haven't done it yet? Have you? Which one are you going for?Also, I have heard some really negative reports about Walsall as a place and I was wondering what anyone else thinks of it? Sarah xx
Reply 3
Original post by sarahp101
That's amazing, well done :smile: No I haven't done it yet? Have you? Which one are you going for?Also, I have heard some really negative reports about Walsall as a place and I was wondering what anyone else thinks of it? Sarah xx

Thanks!! :smile: No, I haven't.. when I tried to log in it said my username couldn't be recognised so I emailed them and they said it should be sorted within a week.. I'm going for the en-suite ones though, you? Oh no really? I haven't really looked into it too much, which I probably should have aha.. Emma xx
Reply 4
Original post by emma2508
Thanks!! :smile: No, I haven't.. when I tried to log in it said my username couldn't be recognised so I emailed them and they said it should be sorted within a week.. I'm going for the en-suite ones though, you? Oh no really? I haven't really looked into it too much, which I probably should have aha.. Emma xx

I think I'm going to go for the standard accommodation - it's a bit cheaper! I remember seeing the ensuite ones on the open day - they were really nice :smile: Sarah xx
Reply 5
Original post by sarahp101
I think I'm going to go for the standard accommodation - it's a bit cheaper! I remember seeing the ensuite ones on the open day - they were really nice :smile: Sarah xx

oooh right ok!! yeah the ensuite rooms seemed really nice! aw nice :smile: Emma xx
Reply 6
:smile: so are you excited about going to uni then? Sarah x
Reply 7
Yeah i'm so excited, what about you? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Yeah I'm very excited! So nervous though! I've never been away from home before :L xx
Hi girls :smile: I have a conditional offer for Childhood Studies at Wolverhampton :smile: well done on your offers!! Not sure how this works but it would be great to hear back from yous :smile: x
Reply 10
Original post by shannen_white
Hi girls :smile: I have a conditional offer for Childhood Studies at Wolverhampton :smile: well done on your offers!! Not sure how this works but it would be great to hear back from yous :smile: x

Hi Shannen what would you like to know? I see you are from NI, I'm from Belfast myself moved to Wolverhampton so I was in the same boat as you, if you want to know anything or advice just pm me :smile:
Reply 11

hello! oh that's awesome, well done! so you'll hopefully be in my lectures next year then haha! Emma xx
Reply 12

Hi Shannen! I'm assuming that is at the Walsall campus? If so, hopefully I'll see you in September :smile: What accommodation are you going for? xx Sarah xx
Reply 13
Hello,

im not sure how this goes but i need advice for wolves uni .. im really stressing!

i got a condiditonal offfer at wolves for CHILDHOOD STUDIES.
i also have got a interview there next month (april 2013) for BEd Early Primary Education!

i want to do teaching. i have made a forum thing, explaining but i jus want to know what the interview is like there for teaching and if i need to take anything else apart from qualififications!

thanks xxxx
I've just been accepted for social policys and politics!
Reply 15
Original post by bainsxxx
Hello,

im not sure how this goes but i need advice for wolves uni .. im really stressing!

i also have got a interview there next month (april 2013) for BEd Early Primary Education!

i want to do teaching. i have made a forum thing, explaining but i jus want to know what the interview is like there for teaching and if i need to take anything else apart from qualififications!

thanks xxxx

Hi Bains, I'm not sure if this is the right answer to your question but I'm currently doing a it course and I can do a PCGE (I think thats the name of it) which would enable me to become a teacher after my degree.
Reply 16
Original post by bainsxxx
Hello,

thanks xxxx

I've had my interview for Wolves for primary teaching and got a conditional offer! To get in, apart from qualifications, you need to pass the key skills test (look on the teaching agency website_). As to the interview, I started a thread called 'Primary Education at Walsall' - that might be helpful if you want to know about the interview xx
Hi everyone :smile:

I have a conditional offer to study on Walsall campus to study childhood and family studies with special needs and inclusion studies :smile: Anyone doing the same course?

I also applied for one of the en-suite rooms but I haven't heard back from them offering me one yet, just an email confirming my application.

Would be nice to chat to people before I start :smile:

Kat x
i have wolves as insurance ABB for mpharm, how leienant are they with this being BBB? BBC?
Reply 19
Original post by kat_allen
Hi everyone :smile:

I have a conditional offer to study on Walsall campus to study childhood and family studies with special needs and inclusion studies :smile: Anyone doing the same course?

I also applied for one of the en-suite rooms but I haven't heard back from them offering me one yet, just an email confirming my application.

Would be nice to chat to people before I start :smile:

Kat x

Hi Kat, the accomadation will probs be a few weeks and you will get an offer they have only started taking them for second years etc I wouldn't worry much about it as you applied early you will get your first choice. I applied around May when I was applying and they got back with in a few weeks for me I also got my first choice

Original post by Craming Revision
i have wolves as insurance ABB for mpharm, how leienant are they with this being BBB? BBC?

Hi dude unsure how it will work but you might get your place but you might not only time you will find out is when you get your results. I got much better results and they offered me to change course cause my old one stopped or something but I know people who are on it so its still running I believe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending