The Student Room Group

Second degree funding Data Science

Hi,
Is there funding available for a second degree (all part time courses) at Wolverhampton university please?
Data Science (UCAS code I260)
Computing and Information Technologies (UCAS code I101)
Computer Science (UCAS I102)
Mathematics with Foundation Year (UCAS G102)

Thank you.
Original post by dental nurse pol
Hi,
Is there funding available for a second degree (all part time courses) at Wolverhampton university please?

Thank you.

Hi there,

Please can you confirm the expected course start date? For example Sept 23.

Thanks,
Tina
Original post by Tina Oliver SLC
Hi there,

Please can you confirm the expected course start date? For example Sept 23.

Thanks,
Tina

Hi Tina,

Sept 23 and Sept 24 please, thank you.
Hi,

Thank you.
Hi Tina,

Sept 23 and Sept 24 please, thank you.

Thanks for confirming the details.

Unfortunately we don't have the updated list of eligible courses for the 23/24 academic year from the Universities just yet, so I'm only able to check the courses against the current 22/23 academic year.

The new list should be available by the Summer for Part Time courses.

Based on the current details the only course from the list that isn't eligible as a second degree is Mathematics with Foundation Year. Of course, we'd be able to re-check this for any changes once the new academic year applications are open.

Thanks,
Tina
Original post by Tina Oliver SLC
Thanks for confirming the details.

Unfortunately we don't have the updated list of eligible courses for the 23/24 academic year from the Universities just yet, so I'm only able to check the courses against the current 22/23 academic year.

The new list should be available by the Summer for Part Time courses.

Based on the current details the only course from the list that isn't eligible as a second degree is Mathematics with Foundation Year. Of course, we'd be able to re-check this for any changes once the new academic year applications are open.

Thanks,
Tina

That’s very helpful, thank you so much Tina.
That’s very helpful, thank you so much Tina.

No problem at all. :smile:

Take care.
Hi again,
Can you confirm if there’s a second degree funding available for these courses as well please: (Wolverhampton University, part time courses)
- HNC Civil Engineering
- Civil and Transportation Engineering (UCAS H202).
Many thanks,
Gosia
Hi again,
Can you confirm if there’s a second degree funding available for these courses as well please: (Wolverhampton University, part time courses)
- HNC Civil Engineering
- Civil and Transportation Engineering (UCAS H202).
Many thanks,
Gosia

Hi Gosia, Is this for the 23/24 academic year? Thanks, Angela
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi Gosia, Is this for the 23/24 academic year? Thanks, Angela

Hi Angela,
Yes please, but if the list of eligible courses hasn’t been updated yet, let me know if they were on the list 22/23 academic year. Many thanks.

Gosia
Hi Angela,
Yes please, but if the list of eligible courses hasn’t been updated yet, let me know if they were on the list 22/23 academic year. Many thanks.

Gosia

Hi Gosia,

Civil and Transportation Engineering with Foundation Year 4 years part time shows as a part time exception course but the HNC course wouldn't be eligible.

Thanks,
Claire
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi Gosia,

Civil and Transportation Engineering with Foundation Year 4 years part time shows as a part time exception course but the HNC course wouldn't be eligible.

Thanks,
Claire

Hi Claire,
That’s very helpful, thank you.
Can I just ask about a couple of more engineering courses as I have just noticed they are now offered at Birmingham City University:
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Civil Engineering.
It says on their website these can be studied either full-time or part-time, are part-time courses eligible then please? Many thanks.

Gosia
Hi Claire,
That’s very helpful, thank you.
Can I just ask about a couple of more engineering courses as I have just noticed they are now offered at Birmingham City University:
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Civil Engineering.
It says on their website these can be studied either full-time or part-time, are part-time courses eligible then please? Many thanks.

Gosia

Hi Gosia, When are the course due to start? Thanks, Karen
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi Gosia, When are the course due to start? Thanks, Karen

Hi Karen,

23/24 please, but if the list of eligible courses hasn’t been updated yet, could you let me know if they were on the list 22/23 academic year. Many thanks.

Gosia
Hi Karen,

23/24 please, but if the list of eligible courses hasn’t been updated yet, could you let me know if they were on the list 22/23 academic year. Many thanks.

Gosia

I would advise to check back with us in Summer around June time when the applications and guidelines launch for 23/24 academic year. Our funding guidelines can change on an academic year basis. If you are looking to study in 23/24 it would be best to check back to ensure the correct information is given for the academic year you will be applying for. Thanks, Karen
Hi,
I would like to enquire/updates on second degree founding for academic year 23/24 and 24/25:
1. University of Wolverhampton: Civil and Transportation Engineering, part time
2. Solihull College: HNC Civil Engineering for England level 4 (Edexcel) part time;
HNC Quantity Surveying for England HTQ level 4 Edexcel, part time;
HND Civil Engineering part time
Many thanks.
Hi,
I would like to enquire/updates on second degree founding for academic year 23/24 and 24/25:
1. University of Wolverhampton: Civil and Transportation Engineering, part time
2. Solihull College: HNC Civil Engineering for England level 4 (Edexcel) part time;
HNC Quantity Surveying for England HTQ level 4 Edexcel, part time;
HND Civil Engineering part time
Many thanks.

Hi there,

1. University of Wolverhampton: Civil and Transportation Engineering, part time - This is an exception course
2. Solihull College: HNC Civil Engineering for England level 4 - This is an exception course
3. HNC Quantity Surveying for England - not an exception course
4. HND Civil Engineering part time - not an exception course

Thanks, Clare
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

1. University of Wolverhampton: Civil and Transportation Engineering, part time - This is an exception course
2. Solihull College: HNC Civil Engineering for England level 4 - This is an exception course
3. HNC Quantity Surveying for England - not an exception course
4. HND Civil Engineering part time - not an exception course

Thanks, Clare

Hi Clare,
Many thanks for help👍🏻
Hi Clare,
Many thanks for help👍🏻

You're welcome! Have a nice day!
Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply