The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Little Tail Chaser
x

I shall do tomorrow :smile:. I have lectures on poultry infectious disease tomorrow :redface:. Will be a long morning I think.
Original post by skatealexia
I shall do tomorrow :smile:. I have lectures on poultry infectious disease tomorrow :redface:. Will be a long morning I think.

I keep hens but I will admit I know very little about the diseases they get. :colondollar: I know of Marek's and gapeworm, that's the extent of my knowledge! :redface: (so far! :ninja: )
Okay updated.. my housemate just informed me I graduate in 2015 (may) you would start in september (2015) so I will already be graduated by the time you start. :eek: Harsh reality! I won't even see you guys, I'll be 'alumni.'
Reply 103
Aw thank you so much my bookmark bar is probably gonna cry when it sees what getting added Ahaha :smile: aw university must be amazing plus you are learning exactly what you are wanting to do in life which must be pretty awesome :biggrin: I suppose this is very early the other ones were like June time and this was march :s-smilie: oh well it's good to know others out there :wink:

Just remembered my rabbit has three legs so he is 3/4 of rabbit versus 2 which gives him 3/8 chance of distracting yours haha not the best :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay updated.. my housemate just informed me I graduate in 2015 (may) you would start in september (2015) so I will already be graduated by the time you start. :eek: Harsh reality! I won't even see you guys, I'll be 'alumni.'

We might see you at interviews and open days though! :biggrin:
I keep hens but I will admit I know very little about the diseases they get. :colondollar: I know of Marek's and gapeworm, that's the extent of my knowledge! :redface: (so far! :ninja: )

GAPEWORM is the best worm. I love its morphology (google it) as its permanently in copulo and I remember the male is smaller I think. Perfect :colone:. Synagmus Trachea.
Welcome to the most amazing place on the planet :cool:. Real doctors treat more than one species :wink:.

hahaha
:mmm: :laugh::laugh:

These threads have got progressively earlier each year. :tongue: Although this is a tad extreme I will admit! :lol:

Extreme is an understatement. :P

Now, do vet medics need to meet the same requirement as normal meds do?
Reply 107
Aw, that must make you feel old haha ko aw you will be a fully fledged vet and we will be little fledglings learning the complex task of learning the flight of veterinary medicine #deepimagery :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frogs r everywhere

Now, do vet medics need to meet the same requirement as normal meds do?

Yes, and more! :lol:

15 weeks of work experience is the recommended minimum. :redface:
Reply 109
Plus advanced higher (in Scotland) are essential for vet med not for medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whaaat! :eek:
And I thought applying for medicine was stressful. :redface:

It has to be varied too :biggrin:
GAPEWORM is the best worm. I love its morphology (google it) as its permanently in copulo and I remember the male is smaller I think. Perfect :colone:. Synagmus Trachea.

I know all about this aswell.... and I'm a little first year :colone:

L1 - L3 in its egg... odd but interesting.. they form a Y in adult form (males and females) in the trachea.... nom nom nom :lol:
We might see you at interviews and open days though! :biggrin:

:nope: She'll be on clinical rotations in practices - highly unlikely you'll ever meet skatealexia ( :adore: )
Oven mits, wow! :lol: People have no idea just how dangerous rabbits can be! :lol: My arms are beautifully decorated with a criss-cross of scars, all of them homage to the fact that my rabbits decide when a cuddle is finished, not me! :lol:

Yes! Rabbits are not as cuddly as people think!! My friend bought a rabbit who had been given back to the pet shop as a rescue rabbit. He had been given back TWICE and each time was because the rabbit had bitten a child. :rolleyes: He has a lovely home now though :biggrin:

That's only 2 years away from you - not long at all!!

I'll be around to perhaps meets some of you 2015 hopefuls though :smile:
Original post by Hollyheartsgoats
Yes! Rabbits are not as cuddly as people think!! My friend bought a rabbit who had been given back to the pet shop as a rescue rabbit. He had been given back TWICE and each time was because the rabbit had bitten a child. :rolleyes: He has a lovely home now though :biggrin:

Rabbits are seen as an easy pet to look after unfortunately. :frown: I wouldn't say they are suitable for young children at all. It's good that the rabbit has a loving home now though. :biggrin:

Original post by SilverstarDJ
I'll be around to perhaps meets some of you 2015 hopefuls though :smile:

I sure hope so! :biggrin:

Out of interest, at what stage did you guys (people already at uni :tongue: ) start attending open days? I on Facebook that there's a few open days at the RVC coming up, but it's still really early and I don't think I'll go this year.
Rabbits are seen as an easy pet to look after unfortunately. :frown: I wouldn't say they are suitable for young children at all. It's good that the rabbit has a loving home now though. :biggrin:

Out of interest, at what stage did you guys (people already at uni :tongue: ) start attending open days? I on Facebook that there's a few open days at the RVC coming up, but it's still really early and I don't think I'll go this year.

I agree with everything you said :h:
Guess who just got 9 more days of wex booked :awesome:

Now I'm desperate for one more day because then it will be 10 days which is two working weeks. Doing 1.8 weeks just looks so messy :colondollar:

I went to open days in year 12 I think. I felt it was really useful to see the place and talk to students - in fact I was unsure whether to apply to Liv, and only did so after visiting an open day and now would not like to be anywhere else :smile:

I'd recommend to go to open days between years 11-12 if possible. Year 13 starts to get a bit more busy with writing statements etc. Some unis will give you a tour anyway when you come for interview, but it's nice to look around beforehand I think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending