The Student Room Group

S1 miscellaneous questions

How do people go about doing these "odd" questions? As examples

Comment on Mr Brawn's assumption of normality
Give a reason why the equation in (b) should not be used to estimate the teacher’s height

I always get these kind of questions continuously wrong. They are so annoying and come up in a lot of the Edexcel exam papers. How do you tackle them? Does it really just come easy with a lot of practice?

Thanks
Original post by krisshP
How do people go about doing these "odd" questions? As examples

Comment on Mr Brawn's assumption of normality
Give a reason why the equation in (b) should not be used to estimate the teacher’s height

I always get these kind of questions continuously wrong. They are so annoying and come up in a lot of the Edexcel exam papers. How do you tackle them? Does it really just come easy with a lot of practice?

Thanks

You just have to think about the meaning of all the maths you've done so far in the question :smile:
Reply 2
I'd say they become easier with doing these types of questions over and over again, but all they want from you is to put the data you've calculated into context.

For your example, I think you have to comment on the type of data she has, and the type of data found in normality - continous and not discrete etc.
Reply 3
Original post by Indeterminate
You just have to think about the meaning of all the maths you've done so far in the question :smile:

Thanks
Original post by alwayslast
I'd say they become easier with doing these types of questions over and over again, but all they want from you is to put the data you've calculated into context.

For your example, I think you have to comment on the type of data she has, and the type of data found in normality - continous and not discrete etc.

Thanks and precisely.

Quick Reply

Latest