The Student Room Group

Bitcoin crash 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Anyone heard about the 'bitcoinbillionaire' on reddit? Gave away thousands of dollars of bitcoin to random people for no real reason
Reply 41
Original post by Dursty
Anyone heard about the 'bitcoinbillionaire' on reddit? Gave away thousands of dollars of bitcoin to random people for no real reason

I heard about it. Did he really do it? What was his motivation?
Reply 42
Original post by miser
I heard about it. Did he really do it? What was his motivation?

I had a look and it has been verified! I think he was one of the first serious investors in bitcoin and bought literally around a hundred thousand Coins when the market price was miniscule. Now of course it's catch 22 as he is essentially multimillionaire but if he tries to buy out and receive physical usd he would totally crash the market.
One person received around $4500 for making a comment about using bitcoin for the silk road
Reply 43
Original post by Dursty
I had a look and it has been verified! I think he was one of the first serious investors in bitcoin and bought literally around a hundred thousand Coins when the market price was miniscule. Now of course it's catch 22 as he is essentially multimillionaire but if he tries to buy out and receive physical usd he would totally crash the market.
One person received around $4500 for making a comment about using bitcoin for the silk road

Hahaha wow. He doesn't have to buy out all at once, he can do it over time. A grand per day would go down easy. Funny he decided to give it away to random Redditors.
Reply 44
Original post by miser
Hahaha wow. He doesn't have to buy out all at once, he can do it over time. A grand per day would go down easy. Funny he decided to give it away to random Redditors.

That's exactly what I thought just do it over the span of a year or so. Strange, I wouldn't mind being in that position though. Doubt I'll invest in bitcoins again after this crash
Reply 45
Very tempted to do so now, can you do it all online? Or do you still need to do it in cash?
Bless the bitcoin and the true free market it supports.

On a side note; im glad people on TSR have taken an intrest in your thread. When I made one about them when they spiked a few months back everyone dismissed me as a gambler.
Reply 47
Original post by dgeorge
Very tempted to do so now, can you do it all online? Or do you still need to do it in cash?

Yes, you can do it online provided you have a means to transfer funds (e.g. online banking). You will need to choose an exchange, but currently Bitcoin-24 (the largest European exchange) is out of action.

Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :)
Bless the bitcoin and the true free market it supports.

On a side note; im glad people on TSR have taken an intrest in your thread. When I made one about them when they spiked a few months back everyone dismissed me as a gambler.

Yeah, I was sceptical whether it would garner any interest at all, but I thought I'd give it the benefit of the doubt. :h:
Reply 48
Original post by miser
Yes, you can do it online provided you have a means to transfer funds (e.g. online banking). You will need to choose an exchange, but currently Bitcoin-24 (the largest European exchange) is out of action.

Yeah, I was sceptical whether it would garner any interest at all, but I thought I'd give it the benefit of the doubt. :h:

Yes, you can do it online provided you have a means to transfer funds (e.g. online banking)

So you can do it all if you say have a natwest account?

It's not that I'm lazy, it's just that the couple of detailed reports I've read entailted going to a bank, getting a wire transfer, then going to an authorized bitcoin over the counter seller, etc.

Unfortunately I'm currently living on a tiny ass island, so there's no possibility of a face to face meeting with any bitcoin sellers.

Would like to buy if the price drops below 50 again though
Reply 49
Original post by dgeorge
So you can do it all if you say have a natwest account?

It's not that I'm lazy, it's just that the couple of detailed reports I've read entailted going to a bank, getting a wire transfer, then going to an authorized bitcoin over the counter seller, etc.

Unfortunately I'm currently living on a tiny ass island, so there's no possibility of a face to face meeting with any bitcoin sellers.

Would like to buy if the price drops below 50 again though

Yep, I have a Natwest account so that's how I did it.
Original post by Dursty
Bought £100 worth in December at around £18 each if my memory serves me. Sold 1 week ago and turned it into £500.so unstable

how does it feels like to sell ur bitcoin in 2013?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending