The Student Room Group

**[BOSTON BOMBINGS SUSPECTS]** - MIT Shooting|Shootouts And Explosions|Officer Dead

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by AgentSushi
Where did you hear that? I've been listening to the police radio and haven't heard that.

WCRN from Boston.
Where did you hear that? I've been listening to the police radio and haven't heard that.

Where have you been? :lolwut: :tongue:

They've got a house surrounded - lots of LEOs have converged to that area. That's where the main activity is now - it's on live news too.

That Fox and WCVB links posted above are on it too.

In other words, they believe the suspect to be holed up there.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by HumanSupremacist
Where have you been? :lolwut: :tongue:

They've got a house surrounded - lots of LEOs have converged to that area. That's where the main activity is now - it's on live news too.

That Fox and WCVB links posted above are on it too.

In other words, they believe the suspect to be holed up there.

I've been watching BBC on and off, they seem to be quite behind.
Reply 103
My friend is stranded at work because the stupid police have shut down the buses and metro.
Original post by floridadad55
Perhaps the Boston Marathon bombing will serve to help some people reevaluate their political thinking.

For example, does not such a heinous act deserve the death penalty?

And what if it is determined that the brothers were planning more bombings, and have actually planted more bombs. Would it not be wise to torture the surviving brother to find out where these bombings will be taking place?

one of them already got the death penalty. I hope they get the other one alive though. getting bummed in an american prison for decades then dying is worse.
(edited 11 years ago)
I've been watching BBC on and off, they seem to be quite behind.

Yep, the regular mass media was way, way behind. Local media was on this from the very beginning, right all the way back to the MIT shooting and then the bizarre situation in Watertown. At one point, local media were surprised that they were the only media on-site - but now everyone's there now.

Original post by GodAtum
My friend is stranded at work because the stupid police have shut down the buses and metro.

Yep, and now, they've put the "Shelter-in-state" for all of Boston and several nearby towns, especially of course Watertown.

I wouldn't call the police stupid and I wouldn't get angry at them. Better safe than sorry - the suspect at large is said to have explosives, especially a suicide vest. And earlier, it seemed that there were more than 2 suspects when local media was reporting earlier - the situation is still very confusing. In the early hours of the morning, it only became even more confusing when DHS and the FBI landed on-site :rolleyes:
Reply 106
My friend is is concerned about his family so obv wants to go home and protect them but he cant :frown:
Original post by GodAtum

You selfish bastard, you should have been sitting on the bomb when it went off.
*Boston very quiet*
Connecticut state police asked to be on the lookout for vehicle possibly connected to Boston Marathon bombing suspect -
Reply 110
wow this guy is only 19 years old
Photo of an empty Kenmore Square in Boston as city is on lockdown - Andrew Golden via

Original post by Jack93o
wow this guy is only 19 years old

I know right! :eek:
Reply 113
Original post by nimrodstower
You selfish bastard, you should have been sitting on the bomb when it went off.

On the day of the London tube bombings i was working in the London and had to carry on with my working day as normal.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by GodAtum
On the day of the London tube bombings i was working in the London and had to carry on with my working day as normal.

So why call the police in Boston Stupid, When they are doing a hero job.
Reply 115
Original post by James A
It's like the apocalypse, man.

Lol, do you know what an apocalypse is?
Reply 116
The Islamist running like a coward.

He'll be caught and hopefully the fiends that helped them too.

There's usually some sort of controller either abroad or also within the territory to be targeted.
Reply 117
Original post by HumanSupremacist

He's my age :eek:
Reply 118
Police have a 60-70 year old white male on the ground in handcuffs wearing a vest and carrying a device.

(Listening to scanner)
So soon after the BM incident ?

I smell one !!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending