I've done English Lit revision,
Still have to do:
2 maths papers
Physics revision
Geography Skills -.-
Original post by Olympiad
I'm good at Swimming!
This summer I'm doing a lifeguard and/maybe a swim instructor course
- depends, do you know which one you want to do?

Using the TSR app ~ Smile, you are amazing!

I just came back lol. I managed to do 25meters without breathing with an average of about 20 seconds each. I need to speed up lol, where are you going to do the course as I am searching all over for a cheap one, as I got to fund it myself, so I can get a part time job lol.
Good good,
I've done English Lit revision,
Still have to do:
2 maths papers
Physics revision
Geography Skills -.-

I probably have those
Reply 5264
Original post by MattFletcher
Your thread isn't really lively is it? Are you all revising all the time or something

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, we (the others, not me) just aren't on TSR a lot, I don't think!

Year 10's are revising more than me, being in Year 11... Oh

As above!

Original post by EmilyJayne14
Shame :tongue: and they definitely talk (badly and not) about each other- and the students :wink:

They definitely speak about students! Most teachers attempt to be discreet about it though.

Original post by zintanax

oh yeah guys, not been on for ageeeeesssssss, been so busy!

I'M A PREFECT NOW! *QUE FOR CELEBRATION*

Have my interview for head girl on Tuesday, wish me luck!

Apart from that, reading arabic out in assembly in FRONT OF THE WHOLE SCHOOL. erm, okay...awkward... but still will be amusing hahah :smile: just hope i don't burst out laughing, omg

Well done! And good luck for the interview!
I'm going to be nervous enough speaking French in front of my teacher, let alone the whole school! Why do you need to read it anyway?

Original post by Xmarksthesh0t
Why doesn't everyone post a pic of their desktop? I will do it right after I come back :smile:.

I have no desktop... I only have a laptop.
Original post by Bluffroom
rigghtt....

I got negged in a post where I made a good point about sex education
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=42315131#post42315131

I think it's rather annoying that people twine that gay males are the main cause of the spread of HIV, yet people don't inform LGBT youth on sex-ed. GJ government!

Tbf I can see why you'd get negged, not everyone agrees... That's all there is to it :tongue:
I just came back lol. I managed to do 25meters without breathing with an average of about 20 seconds each. I need to speed up lol, where are you going to do the course as I am searching all over for a cheap one, as I got to fund it myself, so I can get a part time job lol.

I love swimming :smile:
Just keep practising!
Mine isn't that cheap, don't remember the exact price - I'm going to do it at another local leisure to me, then hopefully work at the centre I go to

I love swimming :smile:
Just keep practising!
Mine isn't that cheap, don't remember the exact price - I'm going to do it at another local leisure to me, then hopefully work at the centre I go to

I will keep trying.
Problem is if I pay like 300 quid and can't find a part time job lol.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Tbf I can see why you'd get negged, not everyone agrees... That's all there is to it :tongue:

Well I can also see why, but it doesn't mean that I have to think the neg is justified. I am entitled to my opinion and my opinion is that everyone should be equal - there is this constant stigma of HIV HIV HIV but the thing is, it could combated by actually teaching gay guys how to stay safe - as many will not. Straight people have the ability to just be told 'use a condom, you can use spermicidal lube, the pill the implant etc." but what to gay people get? "haha you're doing it up the ****ter" from a lot of people generally. (even though around only 40% of gay people have which is around the same proportion as straight people). What is there to disagree with? If you think being gay is wrong and unnatural you seriously are stupid - yes. I am going there - people who are like that are usually stupid. I didn't say you need to make a graphic guide, but giving actual sed-ed would be a massive gain for gay people and for straight people who are ignorant.
(edited 11 years ago)
I will keep trying.
Problem is if I pay like 300 quid and can't find a part time job lol.

I'm doing the course more for my own satisfaction too, I love swimming so much
If I do a course in a local place, they are willing to fund some of the costs for me - since the staff/lifeguards etc know me well

What course will you do? Instructor? Lifeguard?

I'm doing the course more for my own satisfaction too, I love swimming so much
If I do a course in a local place, they are willing to fund some of the costs for me - since the staff/lifeguards etc know me well

What course will you do? Instructor? Lifeguard?

TBH I don't mind the cost but for me it is an investment as I do not ask my parents for money ever, hell they don't even buy me clothes, I make it myself. But the point is I can't afford to waste the little money that I do have. Also I want to be a lifeguard, the people don't really know and surely they will not pay for me, here everyone is too greedy to fund me lol the MPs steal all the money.
TBH I don't mind the cost but for me it is an investment as I do not ask my parents for money ever, hell they don't even buy me clothes, I make it myself. But the point is I can't afford to waste the little money that I do have. Also I want to be a lifeguard, the people don't really know and surely they will not pay for me, here everyone is too greedy to fund me lol the MPs steal all the money.

hi5, I don't ask my parents for money either
aha, why don't you ask them if they have a bursary thingy? I know a few which do and they pay some bits for you if you can't afford the full amount

hi5, I don't ask my parents for money either
aha, why don't you ask them if they have a bursary thingy? I know a few which do and they pay some bits for you if you can't afford the full amount

I emailed them, but if they say no, I guess I won't do it lol. I'll rather just work someone for free and get experiences and carry on with my studies- just wanted to make a bit more cash for some things I do.
Also I never ask my parents for money mainly because I don't talk to my dad and I don't mind looking like a tramp lol, but I do deal online with quite a few people to make money and stuff, haha.
I emailed them, but if they say no, I guess I won't do it lol. I'll rather just work someone for free and get experiences and carry on with my studies- just wanted to make a bit more cash for some things I do.
Also I never ask my parents for money mainly because I don't talk to my dad and I don't mind looking like a tramp lol, but I do deal online with quite a few people to make money and stuff, haha.

ahh, I'm doing it during the summer so I could work during the summer

ahh, I'm doing it during the summer so I could work during the summer

Good luck with that :smile:.
Good luck with that :smile:.

Thankyou! Best of luck to youtoo
Reply 5276
Jina
x

Welcome to the barren wasteland we call the year ten thread. But I'm going off to bed now, night!
School today wasn't too bad for me, started my Graphics coursework which was fun.

Even though it's Tuesday tomorrow and I hate Tuesdays it's nice weather so hopefully I'll be able to stand being outside in the cold for PE haha, also have art which should be a relaxing lead up. :smile:
Reply 5278
Woaah. This place is all exam/coursework talk.... :frown: Can't wait for the next 5 weeks to be over.... GCSE's suck don't they?

Heh Vionar! Found this forum finally!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Woaah. This place is all exam/coursework talk.... :frown: Can't wait for the next 5 weeks to be over.... GCSE's suck don't they?

Heh Vionar! Found this forum finally!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am looking forward to doing some of my exams, e.g. Maths and Biology. I am not looking so forward to my French ones though. :tongue:

Latest