The Student Room Group

sixth form experiences

if you have been/are in sixth form than what are your thoughts on being in sixth form?
Reply 1
its fun its kinda like school except in my sixth form we got much more freedom. It is literally the same except less subjects harder work maybe more stress, with applications to uni and stuff, especially when you get to year 13 but year 12 for me was literally a fun year. It may seem like a drastic change but literally in like 2 weeks you would get used to it make new friends and everything would seem normal.
Reply 2
I loved sixth form. My year 12 was one of favourite years as I made loads of new friends and my social life improved a lot. And then on the academic side I took part in lots of activities and competitions (helping for UCAS and uni) and through that I got to learn what I enjoy most and also gain some awesome experiences. Year 13 got busier and quite tiring at times but knowing you're done with school at the end was a super exciting thought! Are you in sixth form?
Reply 3
7 years of my life (highschool and sixth form) are going to be ending in less than two weeks and thats insane. I'll miss it so much, my friends, the teachers, the memories
Reply 4
Original post by Marvel_fan
I loved sixth form. My year 12 was one of favourite years as I made loads of new friends and my social life improved a lot. And then on the academic side I took part in lots of activities and competitions (helping for UCAS and uni) and through that I got to learn what I enjoy most and also gain some awesome experiences. Year 13 got busier and quite tiring at times but knowing you're done with school at the end was a super exciting thought! Are you in sixth form?

no im currently doing gsces
Reply 5
Original post by oursgrace
no im currently doing gsces

ahh how have they been going!
Reply 6
Original post by Marvel_fan
ahh how have they been going!

okay just stressing atm
Original post by oursgrace
if you have been/are in sixth form than what are your thoughts on being in sixth form?

It was like school, but more freedom. I stayed at my schools 6th form so already knew the teachers, and some of the students that had stayed on from my secondary school as well.
I went to both- 6th form then college. I liked both, but i liked college way better.

Id been at the same secondary school for 5 years before i went 6th form. Id always loved the place, but another 2 years at the place got boring. Plus i didnt make as many friends there. I loved college. It was a new place, new start, change of scenery etc etc. Made lots of friends. Generally loved it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending