The Student Room Group

Updates to Forum Designs

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by Piko_Piko
So.....you paid for a font that doesn't distinguish between i's and l's. Seriously? Did you get 3 quotes and pick the cheapest or something?

I have another question: Do you have to pay for any background colour other than white? Is that why we still have the expanse of white?

Edit: I just noticed that i's look like i's again. :awesome: However the t's look funny. I'm not sure if they always looked that squished or if they changed at the same time the i's came back. Fire the font committee - they're useless.

We actually bought the font and started using it for other stuff first, then discovered later that the web font has that glitch at certain sizes. We may end up using a slight variation of the font, or it could be we'll adjust the text sizes so the glitch doesn't appear. It's not an unsalvageable issue.
They have made the light green gems brighter now haha
Original post by Ice Constricter
They have made the light green gems brighter now haha

Yeah, that was always the intention. We changed the colour part way through development but didn't get a chance to implement the change before first launch, but we have done now.
Original post by RK
Yeah, that was always the intention. We changed the colour part way through development but didn't get a chance to implement the change before first launch, but we have done now.

Oh that's good.

Also the issue with every post looking like it's been negged, has that been sorted too? Cause I can't tell just by looking if they sorted it as I became used to it after a few days.
Original post by Ice Constricter
Oh that's good.

Also the issue with every post looking like it's been negged, has that been sorted too? Cause I can't tell just by looking if they sorted it as I became used to it after a few days.

Yeah, that other issues was sorted last week when we adjusted the colours on the thumbs for unrated posts.
This new layout... what... why.... I don't understand.

I go to the home page, and there is no option to log in. I find a way to login (I got a random popup after like 10 pages asking if I wanted to) and now I cant access my user profile- wheres the button gone!

I am logged in but cant find any way to access my user settings (sig/past posts/messages etc). I don't know when this layout changed, but its totally unintuitive. I shall just wander off whilst banging my head off the wall now.

Aha! I can make a post and after that click my name to access my profile, success! :biggrin:
Original post by Alexgadgetman
This new layout... what... why.... I don't understand.

I go to the home page, and there is no option to log in. I find a way to login (I got a random popup after like 10 pages asking if I wanted to) and now I cant access my user profile- wheres the button gone!

I am logged in but cant find any way to access my user settings (sig/past posts/messages etc). I don't know when this layout changed, but its totally unintuitive. I shall just wander off whilst banging my head off the wall now.

Aha! I can make a post and after that click my name to access my profile, success! :biggrin:
something doesn't quite sound right here as the links should all be there in the green bar at the very top of the site or in drop downs from it, as they have been for many months.

Could you try clearing the cache on your browser to see if that fixes things, or if not, post up a screen shot of the top of the page and say which browser you're using.
Original post by RK
something doesn't quite sound right here as the links should all be there in the green bar at the very top of the site or in drop downs from it, as they have been for many months.

Could you try clearing the cache on your browser to see if that fixes things, or if not, post up a screen shot of the top of the page and say which browser you're using.

Ah they appeared after a clear everything on the browser, I am not sure why they weren't there at the start... at least those familiar buttons have now returned to me :smile:
I can finally click spoiler buttons on my phone :party: huzzah!

Thanks to whomever is responsible! :grin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 469
When I go to the TSR homepage the list of threads is now automatically on 'Most Popular' instead of 'Latest Discussions' is this a problem on my end or is it an update?
Original post by Harley
When I go to the TSR homepage the list of threads is now automatically on 'Most Popular' instead of 'Latest Discussions' is this a problem on my end or is it an update?

It's a minor bug, when you customise the widget (here) the toggles for "most popular" and "latest" are the wrong way around. It's apparently on the list to be fixed, in the meantime you can solve it by setting the default to most popular :smile:
Reply 471
Original post by Potally_Tissed
It's a minor bug, when you customise the widget (here) the toggles for "most popular" and "latest" are the wrong way around. It's apparently on the list to be fixed, in the meantime you can solve it by setting the default to most popular :smile:

Yup that's sorted it, thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 472
The same issue happens for the sidebar widget too. Just noting it here

Original post by Harley
Have rep buttons disappeared for anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tooambitious
Have rep buttons disappeared for anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK for me. Could be specific to a certain forum, where are you looking? :smile:
Original post by Potally_Tissed
OK for me. Could be specific to a certain forum, where are you looking? :smile:

study help>...>...>...>economics exams

was on my phone, and you're right, ther places seems fine :smile:
Original post by tooambitious
study help>...>...>...>economics exams

was on my phone, and you're right, ther places seems fine :smile:

Yeah that's an error, easily fixed though :yep:
Reply 477
May I propose that the highlighted posts in "who quoted me" have the possibility of being "marked as unread"? It'd be really helpful for people that have multiple discussions simultaneously and either accidentally view a post in thread or view it but will reply some other day.
Reply 478
Original post by G8D
I can't open spoilers or use quick quote on Chrome. Have cleared cache.

Also getting the rep-refresh issue but I've not changed anything... How do I sort this?

EDIT: apparently it was caused by blocking googleapis.com

That'd do it all right. That's the CDN we (and many others) use to load jQuery.
TSR Is like the government, no matter how much you protest, peaceful or not, they'd rather you kept your mouth shut. Have you ever asked yourself? Why we don't get to vote on site changes? Totalitarian at its best.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending