The Student Room Group

Issue submitting the Cambridge Architecture Portfolio

Does anyone know if Cambridge will consider my portfolio when I sent it thrice cos the first two kept crashing and not uploading correctly? I hate technical issues so much and sending portfolios over on gmail is quite difficult when you have a trash phone.
Original post by weewoo.
Does anyone know if Cambridge will consider my portfolio when I sent it thrice cos the first two kept crashing and not uploading correctly? I hate technical issues so much and sending portfolios over on gmail is quite difficult when you have a trash phone.

I thnik as long as it was submitted by the deadline it should be fine. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by weewoo.

I think they'll understand fine. I'm a little paranoid if mine even was submitted tbh though. Did they send out a confirmation email when you submitted? I just closed the form after it had said they recorded it.
Original post by blindo
I think they'll understand fine. I'm a little paranoid if mine even was submitted tbh though. Did they send out a confirmation email when you submitted? I just closed the form after it had said they recorded it.

I did not get a confirmation email when sending mine.
Reply 4
Original post by normaw
I thnik as long as it was submitted by the deadline it should be fine. :smile:

I submitted the first one by the deadline but the other two were after the deadline by 2 minutes. I received a confirmation email after the first one, but not the other two. I’m really scared but I hope it works out.
Reply 5
Original post by blindo

How did your portfolio go? I didn’t know how to structure mine because I had very minimal exemplar materials to base mine off of.
Reply 6
Original post by weewoo.
How did your portfolio go? I didn’t know how to structure mine because I had very minimal exemplar materials to base mine off of.

Didn't get any confirmation email so I hope they received mine, maybe it differs by college. I'm applying to design so I had loads of help from my DT teacher and all. But generally I think portfolios end up looking the same-ish. As long as your content is strong and presented neatly enough you'll be fine. Good luck!!
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by blindo
Didn't get any confirmation email so I hope they received mine, maybe it differs by college. I'm applying to design so I had loads of help from my DT teacher and all. But generally I think portfolios end up looking the same-ish. As long as your content is strong and presented neatly enough you'll be fine. Good luck!!

Oh I’ve attended the open day where they discussed the new design course - it sounds very intriguing. Sadly, I’m not able to pursue it as I don’t take maths a-level :frown:. To be honest, I don’t really like my portfolio, my art teacher wasn’t much of a help either so I had to self guide a big chunk of it. Hopefully, it goes well for all of us. All the best of luck to you, and please update us if you receive any updates!

Ps: out of interest, what courses/unis did you apply for and to? I’ve applied to mainly architecture courses.
Reply 8
Original post by weewoo.
Oh I’ve attended the open day where they discussed the new design course - it sounds very intriguing. Sadly, I’m not able to pursue it as I don’t take maths a-level :frown:. To be honest, I don’t really like my portfolio, my art teacher wasn’t much of a help either so I had to self guide a big chunk of it. Hopefully, it goes well for all of us. All the best of luck to you, and please update us if you receive any updates!

Ps: out of interest, what courses/unis did you apply for and to? I’ve applied to mainly architecture courses.

I was actually going to apply for architecture before I learnt about the design course which I thought suited me more. I ended up applying mostly to design engineering courses. A decent amount of unis offer it like Imperial, Bristol and Bath that I also applied to. Hopefully it works out for us!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending