The Student Room Group

A level coursework not going to plan

I'm doing the implementation section of my coursework and I wasn't able to code the majority of the things that I have planned to do. Would it be okay to keep my original analysis and design sections and show how I have started coding and then started all over again? hopefully this makes sense
Original post by vwxyte
I'm doing the implementation section of my coursework and I wasn't able to code the majority of the things that I have planned to do. Would it be okay to keep my original analysis and design sections and show how I have started coding and then started all over again? hopefully this makes sense

Hi!

Honestly, your teacher would know the most. I did this project a couple years ago but it may have been for a different exam board or the rules may be updated. We really did our coding along with writing the essay so while I did have lots to say about improvements (trust me there were a ton of improvements to be done) I had coded the start of it and figured out how a design would actually work.

The teacher may say to update your design to fit what your doing now better or maybe it'll get you more marks to show how you adapted and changed the design. For this project just try to stay ahead of the game a bit - I found that the deadline comes very very fast near the end and I know a lot of people who didn't end up finishing it.

Sorry I couldn't help more but it's always best to get information straight from the source. Good luck with the project and your A-levels!! 🙂

- Jessica
2nd year, Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence)
Reply 2
Original post by Heriot-Watt Uni
Hi!

Honestly, your teacher would know the most. I did this project a couple years ago but it may have been for a different exam board or the rules may be updated. We really did our coding along with writing the essay so while I did have lots to say about improvements (trust me there were a ton of improvements to be done) I had coded the start of it and figured out how a design would actually work.

The teacher may say to update your design to fit what your doing now better or maybe it'll get you more marks to show how you adapted and changed the design. For this project just try to stay ahead of the game a bit - I found that the deadline comes very very fast near the end and I know a lot of people who didn't end up finishing it.

Sorry I couldn't help more but it's always best to get information straight from the source. Good luck with the project and your A-levels!! 🙂

- Jessica
2nd year, Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence)

Hi Jessica!
I should've mentioned this before as it's quite important but I don't have a (permanent) computer science teacher. She just comes into our school on the days when she's not working at her other school.
But thank you for your response

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending