The Student Room Group

Design Tripos, University of Cambridge

Who else is thinking of applying to the new Design Tripos course at Cambridge? And if you are, is your portfolio purely architecture based or does it focus on engineering/ science? And I have very science-focused A Levels rather than art.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by QueenSensational
Who else is thinking if applying to the new design tripos course at Cambridge? And if you are, is your portfolio purely architecture based or does it focus on engineering/ science? And I have very sciency A Levels rather than art.

:hello: Hi there!
I've moved your thread into the forum for the university of cambridge :yy:

Hope this helps,
Cheese :bump:
Reply 2
Who else is thinking of applying to the new Design Tripos course at Cambridge? And if you are, is your portfolio purely architecture based or does it focus on engineering/ science? And I have very science-focused A Levels rather than art.

Did you end up applying to their design course in the end? If so at what college?
Original post by 14james
Did you end up applying to their design course in the end? If so at what college?

I applied for it and at Clare college. I have an interview coming up 🤞 However have zero idea on the number of applicants, so how competitive it is
Original post by 14james

Yeah I did... got to interview as well but again no idea on the chances of actually getting in since it's a new course and there's no existing statistics. What other courses/ unis have you applied to?
Yeah I did... got to interview as well but again no idea on the chances of actually getting in since it's a new course and there's no existing statistics. What other courses/ unis have you applied to?

Update: I got an offer! I applied to St. John's and that's the college I got the offer from! Did you guys?
Reply 6
Update: I got an offer! I applied to St. John's and that's the college I got the offer from! Did you guys?

Yeah I got pooled and ended up at Homerton!
Reply 7
PLEASEEEE help me understand this course - my a levels are maths, bio, comp sci and english lit - am i screwed?
Reply 8
Original post by 14james
Yeah I got pooled and ended up at Homerton!

PLEASEEEE help me understand this course - my a levels are maths, bio, comp sci and english lit - am i screwed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending