The Student Room Group

Edexcel 6CH07/01- May 8th 2013 - AS Chemistry Unit 3B

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zoeyyy
It was okay I guess.
In the energy transferred question, was the mass 50 or 55? 😳

Yes I have the same doubt. It was mentioned specific heat capacity of the "mixture"?
Reply 141
What was the answer for the question where they asked why sodium iodide cannot be used to make iodobutane?? (or something to that effect)

Also what was the answer to the very last question..why the above process is not used to produce...something...can't remember what!!!
Reply 142
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
Yes I have the same doubt. It was mentioned specific heat capacity of the "mixture"?

Reply 143
Original post by Munchee
What was the answer for the question where they asked why sodium iodide cannot be used to make iodobutane?? (or something to that effect)

Also what was the answer to the very last question..why the above process is not used to produce...something...can't remember what!!!

Hydrogen Iodide has enough reducing power to reduce Concentrated Sulfuric acid so yield would be lower.
Original post by sahashuvo
Hydrogen Iodide has enough reducing power to reduce Concentrated Sulfuric acid so yield would be lower.

A reverse argument is also possible right?

Since all the HI is oxidised to I2 by conc. Sulfuric acid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What were your answers to the following questions?

Enthlapy in KJ/mol of CuSO4

%error and max temp difference

When HCL was added to KI-observation

Using the same equipment,and a stop clock explain how the accuracy of the experiment could be increased by recording a more accurate temperature difference,considering the same volume of 1 mol/dm^3 CuSO4 and 5g Zinc(4marks)

1-chlorobutane was produced from butan-1-ol by reacting it with PCl5.The products were HCl and POCL(maybe)

explain why 1-chlorobutane cannot be produced industrially by this reaction
Reply 146
What was the answer to the first question? the formula of the first solid?
Reply 147
What did you write for the observation that you would look for to know that there is no more iodine?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by awesomesoccerfan
What were your answers to the following questions?

Enthlapy in KJ/mol of CuSO4

%error and max temp difference

When HCL was added to KI-observation

Using the same equipment,and a stop clock explain how the accuracy of the experiment could be increased by recording a more accurate temperature difference,considering the same volume of 1 mol/dm^3 CuSO4 and 5g Zinc(4marks)

1-chlorobutane was produced from butan-1-ol by reacting it with PCl5.The products were HCl and POCL(maybe)

explain why 1-chlorobutane cannot be produced industrially by this reaction

My enthalpy was around 914 kj and for my error i did 0.5/ my temp diff which was around 46. My error was 1.08%
hope that helps :smile:
Original post by KhawlaM
What did you write for the observation that you would look for to know that there is no more iodine?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You check and make sure that there is no shiny bluish black solid is visible.
Reply 150
Original post by examman123
You check and make sure that there is no shiny bluish black solid is visible.

Oh, I wrote that the brown color of the solution will disappear. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rockstar101
My enthalpy was around 914 kj and for my error i did 0.5/ my temp diff which was around 46. My error was 1.08%
hope that helps :smile:

My enthalpy was -194KJ/mol my error was 2.2% and temp diff was 47'C :s-smilie:
Original post by KhawlaM

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not no more iodine the question was very less iodine or something if not what's the use of the thiosulfate solution?
Iodine dissolves in the organic solvent giving a violet purple colour. So that colour should fade away.
right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 153
Not no more iodine the question was very less iodine or something if not what's the use of the thiosulfate solution?
Iodine dissolves in the organic solvent giving a violet purple colour. So that colour should fade away.
right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are probably right. I forgot about the organic solvent, so I wrote instead that the brown color will disappear :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK our entalpy was the same and also temp diff. I just used 0.5 for my error not 1 maybe that y. Do u know if we r to use 1 or 0.5. And dw ull do great :smile:
btw pls gimmie a rep? :smile:
Original post by rockstar101
OK our entalpy was the same and also temp diff. I just used 0.5 for my error not 1 maybe that y. Do u know if we r to use 1 or 0.5. And dw ull do great :smile:
btw pls gimmie a rep? :smile:

Error x2
Therefore error is 1.

Posted from TSR Mobile
right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many marks was that? Damn I said black solid disappears. Totally forgot iodine forms a purple solution with non polar solvents :s-smilie:

Maybe they will mark both since all iodine will not dissolve?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep. That is what I got. % error = 2.15? And you rounded it to 2.2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 158
what were the observations for that iodobutane one and do you think they would give the marks for writing the equation of phosphorus with iodine without balancing
Original post by wbrian
what were the observations for that iodobutane one and do you think they would give the marks for writing the equation of phosphorus with iodine without balancing

Black solid formed.
Yellow solid formed.

1 mark for balancing usually.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending