The Student Room Group

WJEC C2 17th May 2013

So?

What did you think?

Overall it wasn't that bad a paper, although some of the questions took me a while to understand how to complete (e.g. converting trig equation).

Everything else was pretty straight forward, i thought.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That's exactly what I thought to be honest, it's the longest I've taken to do a C2 exam... But I am confident that I have done pretty well :biggrin:
Reply 2
I struggled with the final Logs question, but I think I should get method marks at least :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
It wasnt amazing but not as bad as the jan 2013!
Reply 4
I'd agree with that! I tried the Jan 2013 one yesterday and had like 71% :/
Reply 5
Here you go :smile:20130517_143728.jpg
Because X^8 x ^1/2 = X^4.
Could you show me the method for 3a...Im stumped!
Reply 6
I did waaaaaay too much! :L Crap... :/ Ah well, will probably still get method marks for using the laws of logs... I couldn't do 3a either :/ I gave an answer, but I know it wasn't right... I'll have another go now :smile:
Reply 7
Just done it :/ I'll post it now...
Reply 8
This is 3a... Sorry about the layout... :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Glennioo
This is 3a... Sorry about the layout... :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou! Np, we only got taught a^2 = b^2 +c^2 -2bcCOSA
So I just plugged everything straight into the formula.....Oh well hope I get marks for my method, In the end I got -x^2 + 8/-2x^2 +4! And then I just put therefore =.
Reply 10
We only got taught that too :/ I just rearranged it... Wish I'd done it in the exam though... :L What did you get for the 'Area under the Curve' question?.. :smile:
Original post by Glennioo
We only got taught that too :/ I just rearranged it... Wish I'd done it in the exam though... :L What did you get for the 'Area under the Curve' question?.. :smile:

I had 50/3 for the answer. So did several of my classmates. :smile:

Does anyone have a copy of the full paper they could post online?
Reply 12
I'm uploading it now :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by RubikRiddler
I had 50/3 for the answer. So did several of my classmates. :smile:

Does anyone have a copy of the full paper they could post online?

Hi, for the integration graph question i had 58/3, i worked the area of the triangle first and got 18, the area of the triangle i right isn't it or (i'm worried)?

for the arc length i had 5.4cm and for the log question i had 1.5
Reply 14
for question 2 c i had two angle values being 49 and 131.(i hope i';m right)
Reply 15
for 3b(i) i had x=5 and for part (ii) i had 21.8, did anyone else get that or....
Reply 16
2(a)(i) was quite annoying i, well after several attempts got values of theta equaling, -56.44, 236.44 and 303.56
Reply 17
C1-1.jpgC1-2.jpgC1-3.jpg Here's C1, should probably upload it on to the other thread... But, oh well... C2 is next :smile: Sorry about the poor quality of the scan by the way :/
Original post by Tania2k9
for 3b(i) i had x=5 and for part (ii) i had 21.8, did anyone else get that or....

i did!
Reply 19
C2-1.jpgC2-2.jpgC2-3.jpgHere is C2, again, sorry about the poor quality... :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending