The Student Room Group

Receptor

Is receptor an organelle ?
Reply 1
I don't think so. Organelles are generally structures inside the cell.

But then comes the complication that we have internal receptors. So maybe this type could be regarded as such.

So generally, I'd say no. But I'm uncertain with regards to the classification if internal receptors.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by ash92:)
I don't think so. Organelles are generally structures inside the cell.

But then comes the complication that we have internal receptors. So maybe this type could be regarded as such.

So generally, I'd say no. But I'm uncertain with regards to the classification if internal receptors.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay , thanks and how would you distinguish between a cometitive and non competitive graph because they look similar
Reply 3
Original post by otrivine
Okay , thanks and how would you distinguish between a cometitive and non competitive graph because they look similar

Could I see examples? Preferably if you know which is which? I'll find it easier to explain that way.
Reply 4
No, a receptor isn't an organelle. Organelles are membrane-bound units within the cell that carry out a function. A receptor is just a protein, sometimes found on the surface of the cell, sometimes on the surface of an organelle. They sit in membranes.
Original post by otrivine
Is receptor an organelle ?

nah bro.

receptors i.e glycoproteins, glycolipids are often found on the plasma membrane (phospholipid bilayer) of cells

organelles on the other hand, are structures found within the cells i.e ribosomes, golgi apparatus, smooth endoplasmic reticulum etc.

hope that helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending