The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-level Psychology Paper 2 (9PS0 02) - 25th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Edexcel A-level Psychology Paper 2 (9PS0 02) - 25th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 25th May 2023/ PM
Length: 2hr

Scroll to see replies

I havent even touched this part of psychology for revision but i did do it in class quite recently so most points are fresh, and we have never practiced a paper 2 in class as well so bit worried
Anyone got any ideas on what the longer questions could be on?
I do clinical and criminal btw
Reply 3
Original post by sanriolvr221
Anyone got any ideas on what the longer questions could be on?
I do clinical and criminal btw

same here, anyone with answers?
Reply 4
i have a feeling Carlson will come up for clinical , my teacher made a test with everything that hasn't come up for a while and the stuff that was on it was ' grounded theory (2)(2) non bio explanations for depression (8), and treatments (4) our clinical practical investigation (4)(2), symptoms and features of depression , non bio treatments for schizophrenia (20)

this is just a guess, although she was very adamant abt carlsson (8)

btw the numbers in brackets is how many marks each question on it was
Original post by heyheyheyoo
same here, anyone with answers?
I’m terrified for this paper
It’s because I’ve never done a paper 2 in class as practice or even in mocks
Reply 7
cos there are so many essays on paper 2 the first i would say is practice those, the 20 marker in clinical always allows you to write so much
Original post by sanriolvr221
It’s because I’ve never done a paper 2 in class as practice or even in mocks
Reply 8
my teacher made us do so many practice essays on evaluating studies, cos sth like 'evaluate the classic study of rosenhan' (20) (which would be a dream question tbh) could come up
Original post by C.A. J
my teacher made us do so many practice essays on evaluating studies, cos sth like 'evaluate the classic study of rosenhan' (20) (which would be a dream question tbh) could come up

Okay I’m gonna make essay plans on possible ones and answer past ones thanks
we’re not going to be assessed on issues and debates in paper 2 right?
Reply 11
nah were not, not as a section itself
but, some points from i &d can be used in 20 markers
Original post by psych_lover
we’re not going to be assessed on issues and debates in paper 2 right?
Reply 12
does anyone know what was on last year's paper 2?
Reply 13
Original post by C.A. J
i have a feeling Carlson will come up for clinical , my teacher made a test with everything that hasn't come up for a while and the stuff that was on it was ' grounded theory (2)(2) non bio explanations for depression (8), and treatments (4) our clinical practical investigation (4)(2), symptoms and features of depression , non bio treatments for schizophrenia (20)

clinical practical came up in 2021?
Reply 14
yeah i know, just giving examples of what my teacher said ;0

the 2021 was you average 8 marker,
the way she asked us was like outline how how gain qualitative and quantitative data from your practical
Original post by samyah9
clinical practical came up in 2021?
Reply 15
Original post by C.A. J

Do you have a sheet of these ?
Reply 16
Carlsson could come up as a 20 marker
Reply 17
i don't have the sheet but i can type the questions here
Original post by menZi3
Reply 18
Original post by menZi3

1) a- Outline one advantage of grounded theory as used in psychology (2)
b - outline one disadvantage of grounded theory as used in psychology (2)

2) A neighbour visits and tells you that their friend has recently been diagnosed with a mental illness. Your neighbour needs your help as they cannot remember the name of the disorder but thinks it might be one of the following : Anorexia nervosa, OCD, unipolar depression.

a- describe the symptoms and features of one disorder from the list to help your neighbour (4) (2 marks for symptoms, 2 marks for features)

b- describe one biological treatment for the disorder you specified in (a) (4)

3)I n your studies of clinical psychology you will have conducted a practical investigation.
a- describe the procedure of your clinical investigation (4)
b- outline how you collected qualitative data in your practical research (2)

4) Assess one non - biological explanation for the disorder you have studied (either anorexia, ocd or depression ) (8)

5) Evaluate Carlsson et al's 2000 study (8)

6) Karen has recently been discharged from hospital following a two month stay. Whilst she was in there she was diagnosed with schizophrenia. Karen was experiencing symptoms including thought insertion, delusions, disordered thinking and hallucinations.
To what extent can one non biological treatment be effective for Karen? You must refer to context in your answer (20)
Reply 19
any predictions for child psychology?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending