The Student Room Group

Most stupid answer you've ever given in an exam

(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I can't think of anything which comes to mind particularly but I'm sure I've messed up a lot of maths exams and when talking about it after someones said what they put and I've kicked myself.

I have however got to the end of maths exams and wrote random numbers in the answer boxes in the last 30 seconds, none of which have ever come right I don't think.
Reply 2
In the French Listening Exam which I found quite hard, there was one question I had no clue on, so I put:

''I'm stumped, GG Mr.Marker''
I completely forgot an entire topic that featured on a Geography GCSE exam. When I got to that section on the paper I scribbled some nonsense and induced a nosebleed all over those pages so they were illegible.
Somehow I scraped a C grade but I now do feel very sorry for the poor examiner.

Oh, and knowing I was going to fail big time on my German oral exam I decided to learn only one phrase - 'I don't know'.
Then problem was I learned it wrong and answered every question with 'I white know'. Doh!
(edited 10 years ago)
I did change in x/ change in y for gradient in C1. :frown: Rookie
Reply 5
I got sidetracked and asked the examiner where do swans live, does anyone know :frown:?
"Examiners of the world Unite" this was in an economics exam and i was quite ill.
I don't know if this counts as an exam, but for my spanish oral, my teacher asked me "how are you?" (as you do when the tape starts :P)

I had no idea what she said.

So I replied "Kinder buneo".

She laughed for a good minute.
Reply 8
drew a scattergraph in my geography AS paper this week when we evidently had to draw a bar chart
Reply 9
this isn't really an accidental mistake. But once in a science GCSE (wasn't a fan of science tbh) anyway there was a question I didn't really understand, I was staring at it for a while in the end I wrote THIS QUESTION DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.
that's how far I've got though hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
'I don't know':erm:
Reply 11
Original post by WinnerMachine12
I did change in x/ change in y for gradient in C1. :frown: Rookie

me too! Im so so so annoyed with myself, so stupid!
Reply 12
In a chemistry AS paper it asked for the use of butane gas & I convinced myself it wanted the answer road resurfacing...
Reply 13
Original post by You Failed
*Stupidest answer you've ever given.

Thought it would be appropriate to point that out, given the thread topic.

Got beaten to my post.

And my addition is probably the making up of how Hitler became Chancellor of Germany last year in history - I knew he was popular so I wittered on about his popularity and that was the key to getting anywhere in life. Still got an A* :redface: my fave examiner to date probably.
Original post by jilebinator
I don't know if this counts as an exam, but for my spanish oral, my teacher asked me "how are you?" (as you do when the tape starts :P)

I had no idea what she said.

So I replied "Kinder buneo".

She laughed for a good minute.

Haha so random, made me laugh. :')
In French mock exam I wrote the dog answers the phone for the blind man when it was the dog gets the phone for the blind man.
I used to write 'Waste of paper' on the pages labelled 'Blank page' in my GCSE exams.
Not strictly appropriate as it was during a medical interview, where I said that the exponential curve was quadratic... and then proceeded to defend myself by explaining I was actually rubbish at maths when I had noticed my mistake immediately after having said it was quadratic :facepalm: unsurprisingly I was rejected :cry2:
Reply 18
too embarrassing to mention, it was a mock exam and my teacher told the whole CLASSSSSSSSS!!!
Reply 19
"I'm certain I've got this all wrong, why is maths so difficult?"

Quick Reply

Latest