The Student Room Group

AQA Business Studies Unit 2 - Tips? (GCSE)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by gomg
How did everyone find the exam? I thought it went quite well apart from the 6 marker about outsourcing

Went very well!!!! So glad,I'm expecting a B at least

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by cellyn
Went very well!!!! So glad,I'm expecting a B at least

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too, what did you get for the gross profit margin? I'm hoping for a B so I can get a B overal (only got a C for unit 1)
Reply 22
personally i thought it was awful! i got an a* on both unit one and the coursework, i want to do business at uni but after that i'm not so sure! I thought the 9 mark questions were too specific! and we'd not been taught about outsourcing or induction! i'm hoping for low grade boundaries but considering you all thought it went well i'm not so sure! Disappointted i don't think i'll get me a* now
Reply 23
Original post by hotpink
personally i thought it was awful! i got an a* on both unit one and the coursework, i want to do business at uni but after that i'm not so sure! I thought the 9 mark questions were too specific! and we'd not been taught about outsourcing or induction! i'm hoping for low grade boundaries but considering you all thought it went well i'm not so sure! Disappointted i don't think i'll get me a* now

I thought the 9 markers were okay apart from the cost-plus one, too broad. Don't be put off doing business due to a silly exam :P You don't need an A* to be successful
Exam was generally on the whole good, a few weird question here and there, and the second 9 marker about pricing strategies was weird and hard to justify for 9 marks.

Expected Grade Boundaries:

45 A*
40 A
35 B
30 C
Reply 25
Question paper (roughly from memory)
24 MAY 2013 - aqa - unit 2 - 413002

Anyone fancy doing the unoffical mark scheme?

Q1) gym business - out of 21
A) limited company (2)
B) 2 examples of induction training (4)
C) outsourcing (6)
D) flow production (9)

Q2) housing business - out of 19
A) span of control (2)
B) advertisements (4)
C) decentralisation (4)
D) pricing strategies (9)

Q3)airline business - out of 20
A) plc (2)
B) profit margin (3)
Bi) cost of sales increase (2)
C) stakeholders/shareholders unhappy (4)
D) sources of finance (9)

Total - 60
Personally, I think grade boundaries will be lowered.
Anyone feel free to comment what you put.
Sorry that the questions so vague.

Answer away.
Reply 26
Original post by gomg
I thought the 9 markers were okay apart from the cost-plus one, too broad. Don't be put off doing business due to a silly exam :P You don't need an A* to be successful

Very true
Reply 27
Original post by bbadonde2
In the conclusion don't just repeat what you've already said, a good thing to do is to explain the long and short term effects of your chosen option

This is true, also try to maintain your argument throughout. It's also a good idea to say what your judgement will depend on, i.e. financial stability, market share/growth :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by Jmriches
This is true, also try to maintain your argument throughout. It's also a good idea to say what your judgement will depend on, i.e. financial stability, market share/growth :smile:

What answers did you get for any questions?
Reply 29
Original post by Kalm
What answers did you get for any questions?

Sorry, I'm currently doing BUSS4 A2 AQA :s-smilie:
Reply 30
Hi , iv got my unit 2 gcse business exam on monday . Please would you be able to email me some resources. Thank you
[email protected]
would you be able to do this for me as i have the exam on Monday if so i would be very appreciative my email is [email protected] thanks if you are able :biggrin:
Original post by ajiri
Hi Vicky

if you dm me your email I can send you some revision notes from my teacher. There very good and cover whole of UNIT 2 AND 1 with past papers

Would you send it to me please? I'm doing AQA too.
Original post by ajiri
Hi Vicky

if you dm me your email I can send you some revision notes from my teacher. There very good and cover whole of UNIT 2 AND 1 with past papers

Would you mind if i dm my email and you sent those to me?
Reply 34
nah its kl , go ahead
Original post by ajiri
nah its kl , go ahead

thanksss
Anyone know some useful
Youtube channel for first year uni?
is this still the case? I know this was ages ago but this would really help me!!
Original post by ajiri
check my dropbox link it's got all unit 2 teacher slides to read and really helpful. To get the A*

dependednt on your time my technique is

1 advantage expain and link to case tudy
1 disadavantage and link to case study
conclusion- go ham on that

conclusion is where u get most of the marks and doing 2 advantages and 2 disadvantages usually wastes time cuz the exam is like 1 question permit, which is peak

link to your dropbox?
Original post by ajiri
Hi Vicky

Hi Vicky, I am currently in the same situation, if you wouldn't mind, please could you email me the revision notes too, thank you very much, my email is sabz_2014@hotmail.com

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending