The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by Zarah01
are there any ones you wanted in particular? cos we got them on the school VLE, i could download the one you wanted onto here if you want?

Can you upload all old legacy papers please? I might have time to o them later on.
Original post by krisshP
Can you upload all old legacy papers please? I might have time to o them later on.

Are you kidding me? You haven't done them yet?! Each one takes around an hour and 45 minutes!

KIDDDING :biggrin:
Reply 242
Original post by usycool1
You need to divide by ten thousand; not a hundred thousand.

oh yeah >.< silly mistakes, still dont know how to do the q though
Reply 243
Original post by hen4r
That would be so wonderful if you could! Thanks! I'm looking for June 2008 if that's possible :smile:

2848_2008_Summer_answers.pdf
Reply 244
Original post by krisshP

the papers are on the ocr webage:
http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/as-a-level-gce-chemistry-b-salters-h035-h435/
Reply 245

Thank you so much! :smile:
Reply 246
Original post by Zarah01
hey guys, really dreading this exam as i gather most of you are -_-
can someone please help me on a q from the jan 2010 paper?
here's the question:

1f. Scientists monitor the composition of the Earth's atmosphere. They have found that the concentration of carbon dioxide in dry, unpolluted tropospheric air has increased from 300ppm to around 380ppm between 1900 and the present day.
i) Taking the present day value to be 380ppm, calculate the increase in the percentage of carbon dioxide in the air between 1900 and the present day.

I converted the values into percentages so,
380/100000=0.0038% and 300/100000=0.0030%
so the difference between these values is 0.008, therefore 0.008/0.003

but according to the mark scheme its meant to be 0.008/8*10^ -3.
Any help would be appreciated, its only one mark but its really frustrating me. Thanks in advance :smile:

You don't need to divide by 0.003 because they are in percentage, so the answer is just the difference between the two percentages.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 247
In Jan 2013 q4ci and q4d I don't understand how you get the marks scheme answers. Can somebody please explain?

Thanks
Original post by krisshP
In Jan 2013 q4ci and q4d I don't understand how you get the marks scheme answers. Can somebody please explain?

Thanks

is the answer for 4d thujone?
Reply 249
Original post by nukethemaly
is the answer for 4d thujone?

Yeah, but how did you know?
Original post by krisshP
Yeah, but how did you know?

because it's not an alkene haha
Reply 251
because it's not an alkene haha

Q4ci?
Original post by krisshP

Thanks

and uh give me a second to think about how I can explain 4ci
does anyone have any good notes for F332? i cant find any
much appreciated :smile:)))
Original post by Aaaaa11111
does anyone have any good notes for F332? i cant find any
much appreciated :smile:)))

Here are some notes made by the TSR user RebeccaTenney.
Reply 255
Look at Jan 2013 q5d. Why don't OCR accept frequency, why just energy? They usually accept talking about frequency and energy. What's up with them?
Reply 256
and uh give me a second to think about how I can explain 4ci

Can you now explain it please?
Reply 257
Original post by krisshP
Look at Jan 2013 q5d. Why don't OCR accept frequency, why just energy? They usually accept talking about frequency and energy. What's up with them?

Lol it's OCR dude, that's what they do:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by krisshP

I'm not sure how to! :frown:

You're better off asking someone else how to I'm sorry dude
Original post by krisshP

I'm doing the Jan 2013 paper right now, and this is ridiculous, they've literally picked up questions WORD TO WORD, even calculations from the old spec past papers. I'm just sitting here going "are u kidding me"

Latest

Trending

Trending