The Student Room Group

GCSE Statistics [Edexcel] 24th June 2013

Poll

How did you find the exam (Edexcel Statistics)?

How do you feel about this exam? How are you revising for it? :smile:

Poll added- all votes are anonymous (so be honest!) :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Feeling ok for this I got 79 in the mock and hadn't revised I'm using the cgp revision guide for revision this time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
if you have an A for the coursework how much do you need in the exam to get an overall A? and what topics do we need to know for the statistic exam?
Reply 3
Original post by GCSEfreak
if you have an A for the coursework how much do you need in the exam to get an overall A? and what topics do we need to know for the statistic exam?

Our teacher wouldn't tell us our coursework marks :frown: and I'd guess you'd need an A in the exam as its worth 75%

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Hey guys, sorry to but in, I did this exam last year and I've just finished my GCSEs, so feel free to ask me any questions or inbox me for help!
Reply 5
Did you do the coursework on unemployment rates in the uk?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
do you know how much the coursework, controlled assessment & exam are worth??? in percentages
Original post by B14984
do you know how much the coursework, controlled assessment & exam are worth??? in percentages

I think the controlled assessment is 25% whilst the exam is 75% :wink:
Does anyone have any good revision sources/websites? :smile:
Reply 9
final exam,coursework makes up 25 percent of the statistics gcse and my teacher said last year it majorly affected the pupils results.i was on a the bottom end of a b and iv spent the full year 11,i think up till march.My teacher said you just need to try and get the highest amount of marks you can
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
Out of interest, does anyone actually ever use the rather large amount of space edexcel give to people for relatively small mark questions? I've just come across a 3 marker that has been allocated an entire page...
Reply 11
I got a very low A for the controlled assessment. Consequently, I need 94/100 to get an A*
Reply 12
Original post by BP_Tranquility
Does anyone have any good revision sources/websites? :smile:

http://www.mrmaths.com/moodle/revision/gcsestats/REVISIONGUIDE.pdf
http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/maths/statistics/

My maths is really good if you have an account.
The official Edexcel revision guide is the best in my opinion.
Reply 13
Anyone know what it usually is out of 100 for an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Follett
Anyone know what it usually is out of 100 for an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

83, 84 ish
Reply 15
Original post by Zobkk
I got a very low A for the controlled assessment. Consequently, I need 94/100 to get an A*

What did you get in the Controlled Assessment?
Also, how did you figure out that you need 94?
Reply 16
Original post by H0PEL3SS
What did you get in the Controlled Assessment?
Also, how did you figure out that you need 94?

I can't remember the raw mark but I got told it was a B, then when it was moderated, I got a 28 which was pretty much the grade for an A. I calculated 94 but I realised that was a mistake as I was presuming the raw mark will just be X3 for the UMS. In reality, I need at least 280 UMS for an A*
Reply 17
I used this converter. See if it works for you.
Reply 18
Original post by Farhan96
I used this converter. See if it works for you.

Yeah, I used that as well, and just doubled the total of the June 2011 past paper and my CA mark. The specification itself says an A* 360/400, but the converter only goes up to 50 for the CA, and 150 for the paper, so they must double the total UMS to give you the overall grade.
Also, am I the only one who feels that the older stats papers are very different to the 2009 onwards ones? I mean apart from the section A and B stuff.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Follett
Our teacher wouldn't tell us our coursework marks :frown: and I'd guess you'd need an A in the exam as its worth 75%

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh sad tymess. :frown: good luck anywayys for the exam!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending