Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele 2013/14 Freshers!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
[QUOTE="Stoic;43520123" The="The" Angry="Angry"]
Original post by jqjq

Do you know when freshers starts this year? I've been told a start date but I don't know if that's the start of freshers or of term proper.

Assuming you're a medic though, you move in on 28th, have introductory lectures 30th-1st and then start lessons and PBL and things on the 2nd. Where everyone else will start the week after. :smile:
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
[QUOTE="jqjq;43536471"]
Original post by The Angry Stoic

Assuming you're a medic though, you move in on 28th, have introductory lectures 30th-1st and then start lessons and PBL and things on the 2nd. Where everyone else will start the week after. :smile:

I am a medic. I had heard lectures start in freshers. I hope they don't expect us to be too fresh.
[QUOTE="SaySaam;43520651"]
Original post by The Angry Stoic

I don't know if they've released the events for this year yet, but from what happened last year you can probably expect:

Club Nights, Karaoke, Comedy Night, Quiz, Pool Competitions, and a Freshers Ball which should have a decent musician playing (last year it was Example).

If you're going to go to the Freshers Ball, you should definitely either by the Freshers Wristband or get a ticket the first day they're out. Standing in a queue waiting for last minutes tickets is not the best way to spend your Friday afternoons!

In case you haven't found the group yet (and I haven't read the thread) here's the link to the Fresher's page :smile: https://www.facebook.com/groups/660138154000882/?fref=ts

Hi, I was just wondering, do we hear about the clubs that are available to join, during Freshers week? I hope there is a netball team and Anime/Manta club that I could join :smile:
Also, do you know when we will be able to apply for study abroad?
Thanks
Reply 143
[QUOTE="missali909;43545739"]
Original post by SaySaam

Hi, I was just wondering, do we hear about the clubs that are available to join, during Freshers week? I hope there is a netball team and Anime/Manta club that I could join :smile:
Also, do you know when we will be able to apply for study abroad?
Thanks

Hey :smile:

I think last year, the Monday was the AU fair for all of the sports clubs, and Tuesday was society signup.

Don't worry, theres definitely a netball club - I joined it briefly for a month :L I think there's a manga society too, although I'm not so sure about that one.

I think you get emails part way through the year about study abroad. Interviews are around about March, and they'll tell you the limits for acceptance then as well (such as grade requirements in first year - my friend had to pass first year, but others have to get a 2.1 etc)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 144
Original post by missali909
Hi I am waiting for Keele to reply to me to say that I am in. I have achieved the grades I need to study a duel BA hons in business management and human resource management. I achieved DDM in BTEC Business in West Cheshire College.
I see that you have chosen one of the same courses as me. Hope to see you there.
Have you had a letter or email to say that you are defiantly accepted?

Ooops. Not sure how I missed this. Good we're finding more people on the course! Not too long now!
Original post by Meaux
Ooops. Not sure how I missed this. Good we're finding more people on the course! Not too long now!

Finally received the email I've bren waiting for saying Keele have fully accept and confirmed my place :-D Can't wait to meet you all and make new friends x
Reply 146
[QUOTE="Stoic;43536619" The="The" Angry="Angry"]
Original post by jqjq

I am a medic. I had heard lectures start in freshers. I hope they don't expect us to be too fresh.

nah its fine, think we did start anatomy that week though
I've just been accepted an offer for accommodation after having my place confirmed through UCAS for International Business and Human Resource Management. Just trying to find other people who might be on the same course before we arrive or anyone who has studied the course before for feedback.... :smile:
Reply 148
Original post by creative_thinker
I've just been accepted an offer for accommodation after having my place confirmed through UCAS for International Business and Human Resource Management. Just trying to find other people who might be on the same course before we arrive or anyone who has studied the course before for feedback.... :smile:

Congratulations :smile: do you know where you are staying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by al0
Congratulations :smile: do you know where you are staying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I opted for Hawthorns as it was cheapest and I figure I won't be spending more time there other than to sleep (hopefully!). So I'm Hawthorns Hall G Room 006. How about you? :smile:
I just got accepted for Accommodation for Holly Cross Hall, I'm studying Criminology and American Studies. Anyone else in Holly Cross?
Original post by fox.katy.27
I just got accepted for Accommodation for Holly Cross Hall, I'm studying Criminology and American Studies. Anyone else in Holly Cross?

i'm in holly cross and doing criminology too (: what room are you in?
Yes, I opted for Hawthorns as it was cheapest and I figure I won't be spending more time there other than to sleep (hopefully!). So I'm Hawthorns Hall G Room 006. How about you? :smile:

Hey! I'm in Hawthorns too! G room 017!
I'm doing the Music course, how about you?
Original post by leahlovesroses
Hey! I'm in Hawthorns too! G room 017!
I'm doing the Music course, how about you?
I'm doing International Business and Human Resource Management! Are you excited to start? :smile:
Reply 154
So excited!!! Horwood Halls M Block anyone??
Original post by Laura1234567890
i'm in holly cross and doing criminology too (: what room are you in?

Awesome :smile: I'm in 251, how about you?
Original post by fox.katy.27
Awesome :smile: I'm in 251, how about you?

ahh really we'll probably be sharing a kitchen i'm in 254 (:
I'm doing International Business and Human Resource Management! Are you excited to start? :smile:

I actually cannot wait. Initially, I was SO excited, and then I kinda wasn't any more, but now the excitement has returned to the extreme that I actually feel a little ill, aha!

How about you? :biggrin: I'm a BIT miffed that the accommodation is so far from the music department, but I suppose I could invest in a bike! :wink:
Reply 158
Hello i'm in BAR R 102/3

Anyone near by?? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 159
Original post by hannahsft
Hello i'm in BAR R 102/3

Anyone near by?? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, you're in R Block, Barrnes. I'm assuming your a midwife/medic? I'm in K Block :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest