The Student Room Group
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University

RGU Pharmacy 2013

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys,

Anyone in England applying to RGU?? I live in Manchester and I was wondering if Scottish universities are easier to get in to/have less competition compared to English universities for the MPharm Pharmacy course. Any opinions would be widely appreciated. Cheers

EDIT: In terms of entry requirements as well as competition after the degree for pre-registration places, for example
(edited 10 years ago)
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University
Reply 21
Original post by spanishovenfork
Hi guys,

Anyone in England applying to RGU?? I live in Manchester and I was wondering if Scottish universities are easier to get in to/have less competition compared to English universities for the MPharm Pharmacy course. Any opinions would be widely appreciated. Cheers

EDIT: In terms of entry requirements as well as competition after the degree for pre-registration places, for example

It depends on what the university requires. I don't think Scottish universites are any easier. I know that Portsmouth don't offer interview, and I have a friend who goes to Kingston and Kent and thought the application process were easier than a few other uni's. I don't think you can decide where to apply based on measuring how easy it is to get in. I think it is more about realistically what grades you can achieve and your work experience. Work experience is KEY. Even if you do not have great grades, with work experience you might have a high chance of acceptance. :smile:
Original post by juicebox1
It depends on what the university requires. I don't think Scottish universites are any easier. I know that Portsmouth don't offer interview, and I have a friend who goes to Kingston and Kent and thought the application process were easier than a few other uni's. I don't think you can decide where to apply based on measuring how easy it is to get in. I think it is more about realistically what grades you can achieve and your work experience. Work experience is KEY. Even if you do not have great grades, with work experience you might have a high chance of acceptance. :smile:

Thanks for that, yeah I understand what you mean, need to see how I do overall in my AS grades first. However I will view as many open days as I can and get a feel of the atmosphere of each Uni. I've done 2 weeks in a community pharmacy and 2 days in hospital setting, hopefully this would suffice :tongue:
Having some universities that require no interview would be handy though just in case, do Kingston/Kent/Portsmouth require no interview? I'll keep my eye out if so :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by spanishovenfork
Thanks for that, yeah I understand what you mean, need to see how I do overall in my AS grades first. However I will view as many open days as I can and get a feel of the atmosphere of each Uni. I've done 2 weeks in a community pharmacy and 2 days in hospital setting, hopefully this would suffice :tongue:
Having some universities that require no interview would be handy though just in case, do Kingston/Kent/Portsmouth require no interview? I'll keep my eye out if so :smile:

No problem :smile:. Yeah view as many unis you can, that way you can even ask questions to the guides and pharmacy lecturers and students. They also give you advice on applying. Portsmouth and Kingston are the only ones I know of that doe not require interview. Kent do and require a short mental maths and chemistry test. Thats what my friend said he is a 2nd year. He didnt have exceptionally great grades but got in because of his extensive amount of work experience. A lot of unis require matjs,bio,chem and even english tests. Thats great your work exp seems varied. But its not about the length or where its more about what you have gained and learned from the exp that can help you if you become a pharmacist. You should write things you did down on paper and the skills you learned. This will come very handy when writing your ps. Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Has anyone received any correspondence from the school after you've received your acceptance? I.E. your RGyoU login and such?
Not yet, just the email saying you would receive your details soon:smile:
Reply 26
Anyone know what book fees are like for pharmacy? :smile:
Reply 27
Hey, for those Scottish people, what were your conditional offers?
Do rgu interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

EDIT : would you say that league rankings for pharmacy are a massive factor? I can't decide between RGU and Strathclyde (RGU want ABB, Strath want AAB) but location wise Strathclyde is more convenient, although I have been told RGU is more suitable for me as I do want to go into hospital pharmacy. Any opinions?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by sophie7
Has anyone else applied to and got offers for Pharmacy this year? I've accepted my unconditional so I'm definitely doing Pharmacy at RGU :biggrin:

Hii. Id like to ask whether students are interviewed if they want to study Pharmacy?
Hi Pharm Boy.I have been given an unconditional offer to study pharmacy at RGU beginning in September 2018. Can you please give me details of the first year curriculum? I know the curriculum may have changed in 5 years, but any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hello I have an offer for M PHARMACY in RGU and Kingstone but i cannot decide as i am an international student and in addition, i am worried to not find a place for pre-registration after graduation. could you please help me
Original post by negin 1991
Hello I have an offer for M PHARMACY in RGU and Kingstone but i cannot decide as i am an international student and in addition, i am worried to not find a place for pre-registration after graduation. could you please help me

Hey negin, I'm an international student also, from Canada, with an offer for MPharm starting Sept 2018. Where are you from? Do you plan on living and working in Scotland after graduation, or returning to your own country?

Quick Reply

Latest