The Student Room Group

Robert Gordon Midwifery offer

Hiya! so I've had my interview for RGU midwifery and it went pretty well, now just waiting on their response (fingers crossed) wondering if anyones in the same boat as me or if anyone has heard back or knows when the offers are going out xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by mya6
Hiya! so I've had my interview for RGU midwifery and it went pretty well, now just waiting on their response (fingers crossed) wondering if anyones in the same boat as me or if anyone has heard back or knows when the offers are going out xx

I’ve just had my nursing interview yesterday. I have no idea how long they take to give a response but I hope soon because I am low-key stressing 😅
Reply 2
Original post by Shan1109
I’ve just had my nursing interview yesterday. I have no idea how long they take to give a response but I hope soon because I am low-key stressing 😅

No literally same I was hoping they’d be pretty quick but Ik they’ll probably take ages 😂
Reply 3
Original post by mya6
No literally same I was hoping they’d be pretty quick but Ik they’ll probably take ages 😂

😅I keep checking my email like every 5 minutes
Reply 4
Original post by Shan1109
😅I keep checking my email like every 5 minutes

SAME 😂 I saw someone on here in like 2019 say that they got their offer a month after their interview and I’m really hoping it’s not that long cause I acc can’t stand it haha. Idk if there’s like multiple rounds of interviews?
Reply 5
Original post by mya6

Heyyy! I have my interview this week! Can I ask what sort of questions they asked you? And was yours through SAMMI? Fingers crossed for a good outcome for you! Thank you xxx
Reply 6
Original post by mya6

Heyyy! Fingers crossed for you! I was wondering what sort of questions they ask at the interview? Also, was yours thought SAMMI as well? I have my interview next week and I’m panicking, thank you xxxx
Reply 7
Original post by kdaly04
Heyyy! Fingers crossed for you! I was wondering what sort of questions they ask at the interview? Also, was yours thought SAMMI as well? I have my interview next week and I’m panicking, thank you xxxx

Hiya! Yeah mine was a sammi interview. Obviously I can’t share the questions with you but I will say don’t stress or panic about it because that’s what I did and it was definitely not as bad as I thought it was going to be. You get 4 mins for each question but that also includes the time for the question being asked. I thought I wouldn’t be able to speak for 3+ mins but as long as you breathe, speak clearly and make sure not to rush it is a lot easier than you’d think. You’ll smash it next week I’m sure just don’t get yourself in a panic xx
Reply 8
Original post by kdaly04

Sorry I realise I said “obviously I can’t share the questions with you” but that might’ve come off a bit harsh if you weren’t aware 😭 applicants are not able to share the questions they were asked or they will lose any offers. They really weren’t too bad nothing caught me off guard xx
Reply 9
Original post by mya6

Sorry I realise I said “obviously I can’t share the questions with you” but that might’ve come off a bit harsh if you weren’t aware 😭 applicants are not able to share the questions they were asked or they will lose any offers. They really weren’t too bad nothing caught me off guard xx

Thank you! I understand not sharing the questions. Hopefully I’ll be fine! Was the Sammi easy to work? How many questions is there? Hopefully I’ll maybe see you in September xxxx
Reply 10
Original post by mya6

Also, how did you prepare for it and did you have any notes or anything? xxx
Reply 11
Original post by kdaly04
Thank you! I understand not sharing the questions. Hopefully I’ll be fine! Was the Sammi easy to work? How many questions is there? Hopefully I’ll maybe see you in September xxxx

Oh I hope so! Idk if you’ve gotten an email about it from rgu but there’s a short presentation and a guide to the sammi interview format that I would watch.
Reply 12
Yeah I got the presentation I think unless they send another one before the interview week. The one I received only had like information more about the uni over the interview if that makes sense xxxx
Reply 13
Original post by kdaly04
Also, how did you prepare for it and did you have any notes or anything? xxx

So I watched a ton of YouTube videos on midwifery interview tips and made notes on what to know for the interview. I then took those notes and found out all the information I needed to know and made flashcards that I then stuck around my desk to glance at during the interview. I made my boyfriend and my mum fake interview me etc etc so just as much knowledge you can have about midwifery and your own strengths is good to have 🙂
Reply 14
Original post by kdaly04
Yeah I got the presentation I think unless they send another one before the interview week. The one I received only had like information more about the uni over the interview if that makes sense xxxx

Yeah I think they sent me the sammi presentation about a week or so before
Reply 15
Original post by mya6

So I watched a ton of YouTube videos on midwifery interview tips and made notes on what to know for the interview. I then took those notes and found out all the information I needed to know and made flashcards that I then stuck around my desk to glance at during the interview. I made my boyfriend and my mum fake interview me etc etc so just as much knowledge you can have about midwifery and your own strengths is good to have 🙂

Thank you so much xxx
Reply 16
Original post by mya6

Yeah I think they sent me the sammi presentation about a week or so before

Perfect thank you! You’ve helped me millions xxx
Reply 17
Original post by kdaly04
Perfect thank you! You’ve helped me millions xxx

No problem! Fingers crossed for you I’m sure you’ll smash it, see you in September
Original post by kdaly04

Best of luck with your upcoming interview for rgu for midwifery.

Make sure you have researched and study everything you need to for your interview.
You'll maybe asked 5 questions or more as each interview they do will vary in amount of questions etc asked. If possible ask some questions at the end of your interview.

Just do your upmost best on the day and await the decisions.

Just remember that the Scottish universities that offer midwifery only has about a total of 250 potential students intake between the 3 universities ( rgu, Napier and uws)

Like someone said don't share any questions or answers to anyone else after the interview.

NHS Scotland dual registered adult nurse and midwife.
Reply 19
Original post by Allyson2020

Best of luck with your upcoming interview for rgu for midwifery.

Make sure you have researched and study everything you need to for your interview.
You'll maybe asked 5 questions or more as each interview they do will vary in amount of questions etc asked. If possible ask some questions at the end of your interview.

Just do your upmost best on the day and await the decisions.

Just remember that the Scottish universities that offer midwifery only has about a total of 250 potential students intake between the 3 universities ( rgu, Napier and uws)

Like someone said don't share any questions or answers to anyone else after the interview.

NHS Scotland dual registered adult nurse and midwife.

Thank you for your help! Yous have all been very helpful 🥰xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending