The Student Room Group
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University

RGU MSC Social Work 2023 Offer holders

Hello!! Any RGU MSC Social Work 2023 Offer holders out there? Let's connect for advice and suggestions!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hello!! Any RGU MSC Social Work 2023 Offer holders out there? Let's connect for advice and suggestions!

Yes I’ve just firmed my offer for msc social work. Have you? Have you got any info on the bursary yet ie been put forward for it or heard about it at time of offer?
Moot Law Court, Robert Gordon University
Robert Gordon University
Yes I’ve just firmed my offer for msc social work. Have you? Have you got any info on the bursary yet ie been put forward for it or heard about it at time of offer?

There is phone number to connect to for the bursary. I haven't contacted them yet.
Have you received a conditional offer or unconditional?
many congratulations for your offer. I have firmed my offer too :smile:.
There is phone number to connect to for the bursary. I haven't contacted them yet.
Have you received a conditional offer or unconditional?

Yes I noticed the number.. I presume it’s to get some info on the bursary.
Reply 5
When did you firm your offer and did you get any other communications by email after firming from department or just admissions?
Reply 6
Do you all have conditional offers or some unconditional? what was your offer?
Anyone been allocated bursary yet?
Reply 8
hi everyone, I firmed my offer last week and was told i would be nominated for the bursary but haven't heard from the sssc yet with an invitation to apply. have yous heard anything yet? how long did it take?
Reply 9
Original post by LCSS88
hi everyone, I firmed my offer last week and was told i would be nominated for the bursary but haven't heard from the sssc yet with an invitation to apply. have yous heard anything yet? how long did it take?

I registered with them a while ago, then I got an email from RGU saying I’m being allocated a bursary and details of how to apply for this will follow but I’m still waiting to hear about how to apply for the bursary now. If anyone hears pls let us know.
Reply 10
ah ok. we are in the same position then :smile: I've emailed them asking these questions and schedule of rate for 2023/2024 but just got an automatic reply with info and 22/23 rates. hopefully they will get in touch soon.
Original post by LCSS88
ah ok. we are in the same position then :smile: I've emailed them asking these questions and schedule of rate for 2023/2024 but just got an automatic reply with info and 22/23 rates. hopefully they will get in touch soon.

Was that the sssc - I don’t know if rates are going up or are staying the same.

Let me know if you get further info - I’ll do the same
Reply 12
Was that the sssc - I don’t know if rates are going up or are staying the same.

Let me know if you get further info - I’ll do the same

yes, the bursaries email from the sssc.
from rgu, i was told the sssc usually review the applications on the same day they receive it so after receiving the invitation we should try to send all docs and paperwork asap.

Do you have any idea of how many days a week we should expect to be on campus?
Original post by LCSS88
yes, the bursaries email from the sssc.
from rgu, i was told the sssc usually review the applications on the same day they receive it so after receiving the invitation we should try to send all docs and paperwork asap.

Do you have any idea of how many days a week we should expect to be on campus?

Ok I’ll look out for email and get it done as soon as we receive it. More docs to send lol.. already sent them when registering ..

Not sure how many days on campus but it’s intense so I’m guessing at least 3 days per week but come placements it’ll be less probably..
Will you be in accommodation or do u live locally.
Reply 14
I've got a reply from them! They still have some stuff to do before they can send the invitations to apply but she confirmed everyone that gets nominated by the uni, will get invited.
Just need to wait :P Also, apparently she has access and can use the docs we submitted when registered with the sssc but may need more docs... I probably will submit everything just in case ahhaha Ahhh... no schedule of rates yet from 23/24

It must be a horrible wait for who got an offer sometime ago!! I've just applied for the course a week or so before the closing date and had my interview only about a month ago

From what I understood, we don't have classes while on placement as it's full-time (37.5hrs/week) so as you said it's must be intense while on campus

I live locally and actually not too far from RGU. what about you? are you from social work area already?
(edited 10 months ago)
ok, still to receive email but I'm sure it'll follow shortly. yes I'll probs send everything too unless they actually mention I don't need to..lol
I don't live locally at the mo... but my sister works in aberdeen and is renting so she said I could stay with her whilst on the course so will be moving to area soon. mum is thinking about moving house too so she may consider moving up to area..not sure yet...saves us renting...lol

hopefully we will be invited soon to apply..would like it all sorted..lol

Original post by LCSS88
I've got a reply from them! They still have some stuff to do before they can send the invitations to apply but she confirmed everyone that gets nominated by the uni, will get invited.
Just need to wait :P Also, apparently she has access and can use the docs we submitted when registered with the sssc but may need more docs... I probably will submit everything just in case ahhaha Ahhh... no schedule of rates yet from 23/24

It must be a horrible wait for who got an offer sometime ago!! I've just applied for the course a week or so before the closing date and had my interview only about a month ago

From what I understood, we don't have classes while on placement as it's full-time (37.5hrs/week) so as you said it's must be intense while on campus

I live locally and actually not too far from RGU. what about you? are you from social work area already?
Reply 16
ok, still to receive email but I'm sure it'll follow shortly. yes I'll probs send everything too unless they actually mention I don't need to..lol
I don't live locally at the mo... but my sister works in aberdeen and is renting so she said I could stay with her whilst on the course so will be moving to area soon. mum is thinking about moving house too so she may consider moving up to area..not sure yet...saves us renting...lol

hopefully we will be invited soon to apply..would like it all sorted..lol

Yes! would be great to sort everything and relax.
Are you going to go on the course if you don't get the bursary?
Original post by LCSS88
Yes! would be great to sort everything and relax.
Are you going to go on the course if you don't get the bursary?

Hopefully I’ll still be able to - I’m sure we will get bursary though. What about you?
Reply 18
Hopefully I’ll still be able to - I’m sure we will get bursary though. What about you?

I'm pretty confident on the bursary as well but if I dont' get it... not sure... I have a 2 year old son and a few bills to pay so with no bursary it would be quit hard. Let's see!
Original post by LCSS88
I'm pretty confident on the bursary as well but if I dont' get it... not sure... I have a 2 year old son and a few bills to pay so with no bursary it would be quit hard. Let's see!

Aww fingers crossed it all goes fine for us both. I’m sure it’ll all be ok.

Quick Reply

Latest