The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deshi
Was waiting for the first United fan to say this :lol:

The whole team has been crap, including them.

Both have been okay but nothing spectacular. Cleverly has easily been our best midfielder.
Reply 8021
Not a fan of AOC in midfield, doesn't has the passing ability, hes just really energentic
Reply 8022
Original post by DaveSmith99
Both have been okay but nothing spectacular. Cleverly has easily been our best midfielder.

If you say so :lolwut:

Gerrard was much better, going forward and in defence. For a player that is playing the furthest forward in the midfield he's hardly done anything.
Lambert scores with his first touch in an England shirt...
Well done Lambert. :smile:
Reply 8025
Well done lambo... makes Rooney look like a punk
Reply 8026
Haha beautiful. Watched him loads in the Championship at St Mary's, hero.
Cracking header from Lambert

Original post by Deshi
If you say so :lolwut:

Gerrard was much better, going forward and in defence. For a player that is playing the furthest forward in the midfield he's hardly done anything.

If punt the ball forward to a Scotland player counts as good play then sure.
Original post by Malevolent
You know your going through a crisis of players when you pick Rickie Lambert :rofl:

Just had to happen... :colondollar:
Reply 8029
Cracking header from Lambert

If punt the ball forward to a Scotland player counts as good play then sure.

Haha okay maybe you should try watching the match. Next you'll be quoting me pass completion rates and think it actually means something for a player as uncreative as Cleverley.
Original post by James Flahey
The tartan army shows more than its worth when playing England, the hatred of the English really riles the Scots up!

I think the hatred these days is more tongue in cheek that anything else, however, it's always good to see the tartan army in force.
Original post by Deshi
Haha okay maybe you should try watching the match. Next you'll be quoting me pass completion rates and think it actually means something for a player as uncreative as Cleverley.

I'm not even a big fan of Cleverly, I think he's pretty average. He played better than Gerrard in this match though, are you trying to say that Gerrard's long passing has been good?
Reply 8032
I'm not even a big fan of Cleverly, I think he's pretty average. He played better than Gerrard in this match though (imo), are you trying to say that Gerrard's long passing has been good?

Fixed.

How did you even conclude that from what I said? Gerrard will misplace the odd pass forward because he actually tries to create something with his passes and should have ended the match with two assists. Gerrard did a stellar job going forward and in defence. Cleverley did nothing in defence and made one good pass going forward.
Lambert > Rooney
Cracking game, buzzing for this weekend.
Original post by Deshi
Fixed.

How did you even conclude that from what I said? Gerrard will misplace the odd pass forward because he actually tries to create something with his passes and should have ended the match with two assists. Gerrard did a stellar job going forward and in defence. Cleverley did nothing in defence and made one good pass going forward.

Why did you find it necessary to add imo when it was painfully obvious it was my opinion and couldn't be taken in any other way you absolute clown :rofl:
Disappointing while lambert got the winner he wasn't great today and neither was the whole squad. It's only a friendly but if we played like that against germany we will witness a rape. Personally think we should get a 4-2-3-1 and use sturridge up top with rooney behind(when he's match fit) and we really needed a dm this game. Seriously but terry and ferdinand aren't replaceable and we probably would do with using jones/smalling there for the world cup
Reply 8037
Why did you find it necessary to add imo when it was painfully obvious it was my opinion and couldn't be taken in any other way you absolute clown :rofl:

Says the guy that thinks Cleverley has easily been our best midfielder :lol:

Couldn't reply to any of my points, replies with ad hom attacks, useless.
Gerrard was terrible today whoever says otherwise is a Liverpool fan. Every long pass was intercepted and didn't provide anything to the team than what Cleverly does at United most of the time (play sidewards and the odd pass forward that doesn't come off). In fact Lampard was much better than Gerrard today. Cleverly was better than usual but nothing special other than the pass for the goal.
Reply 8039
My ratings (based on 5 being average, not like most of these rankings that put 7 as average):
Hart - 5
Walker - 6
Baines - 7
Cahill - 4
Jagielka - 5 (Jones - 5)
Gerrard - 5 (Oxlade-Chamberlain - 5)
Walcott - 6 (Zaha - 7)
Wilshere - 4 (Lampard - 5)
Cleverley - 9 (Milner - 4)
Welbeck - 7
Rooney - 4 (Lambert - 8)

Latest