The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele 2013/14 Freshers!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Siobhankeele
Check your inbox today as all students will be receiving an email from Keele Accommodation advising them on how to find their student numbers/ access accommodation etc. :smile:

Thanks, checked my inbox today and it wasn't there got worried and then realised it was in my spam, such a pain at time. Oh well accommodation is confirmed now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 241
Original post by al0
I AM INTO KEELE! Anyone know when moving day is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you got your accommodation & stuff sorted out yet?
"Check your inbox today as all students will be receiving an email from Keele Accommodation advising them on how to find their student numbers/ access accommodation etc. "

is this for students who put keele as their second choice because i got an email a while back saying: At the moment we are unable to offer you University accommodation as you are holding Keele as your insurance choice.

Has anyone else got this? What is going to happen next?
Does anyone know when Freshers get to choose elective modules? Is it already open and also when is the deadline? I know other years are able to choose them now but I've heard nothing about freshers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a fresher and I've done mine already. Deadline is 22/09 but classes do get full.
Reply 245
Original post by creative_thinker
I'm a fresher and I've done mine already. Deadline is 22/09 but classes do get full.

Where on the system do you chose the electives? :s-smilie:
I have received an offer and confirmation of a place for Geography 2013 start through clearing but have yet received no information for accommodation? Does anyone know the process for applicants through clearing? (I have not yet received an email) I know that places are limited in halls.
Go onto the evision option and I think it says select your modules. It's just above the box with your core subjects. Hope that helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Insurance and firm applicants receive emails within the next 2-3 days. Clearing students receive them shortly after, however, I would start looking for accommodation off campus as I know places are limited and there is a strong possibility that accommodation will be full before getting to clearing spplicants. Check out the keele freshers page on fb as there is lots of accommodation available close to the campus advertised there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 249
Okay.. so officially got my place and accommodation for Keele sorted! Excited!
Anyone else in Hawthorn?
Reply 250
Original post by KTaha
Anyone else in Hawthorn?

How long did it take after being confirmed a place from Keele? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 251
Hi,

I've still not received an email from Keele about accommodation or anything else, and I heard everyone was getting an email from them today.

Should I email them?
Reply 252
Original post by KTaha
Anyone else in Hawthorn?

Me! I'm Block B - which are you?

Original post by HarryMWilliams
I've been placed in Horwood B despite applying for only self-catered accommodation too. I fired off an e-mail earlier, should hear back tomorrow.

Congratulations on being accepted though. :biggrin:

Thanks! I got an email today saying they made a technical error - the (cat) bit in my offer is gone. Anyway I have checked and they all come with kitchens, so it's no problem.

And I got transferred to the Single Honours Geoscience today! Amazed it was so quick.
Reply 253
Original post by WIC
Hi,

I've still not received an email from Keele about accommodation or anything else, and I heard everyone was getting an email from them today.

Should I email them?

Me neither, I'm gonna give them a ring tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 254
Original post by al0
Me neither, I'm gonna give them a ring tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too. Let me know how you get on.
Original post by creative_thinker
Go onto the evision option and I think it says select your modules. It's just above the box with your core subjects. Hope that helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you know your login details for this? I have tried both my Enquiries and Admissions login but neither have worked. Do you have to request it? :s-smilie:
Reply 256
Original post by grassgrazers01
How do you know your login details for this? I have tried both my Enquiries and Admissions login but neither have worked. Do you have to request it? :s-smilie:

You should of got your it details in an email (or getting them in the next few days). Student records also send you an email saying what to do.
Reply 257
Original post by WIC
Me too. Let me know how you get on.

Likewise, sir.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone else having problems making their payment for accom on eVision scims? I've got in but it says nothing about making a payment..
Original post by GeorgieGee
Congratulations! I lived in Hawthorns E Block in my first year! You'll be sharing with 36 people, boys on the two bottom floors, girls on the top two floors. Boys and girls have separate bathrooms, so your sharing with 18-ish, two toilets and a shower and a bath in each bathroom (although this may have changed after much demand for two showers!). This kitchen is decent sized, three cookers, but fridge/freezer/cupboard space is tough to get, so make sure you claim it early! Kitchen can get pretty crowded, but isn't impossible to work with. And the cleaners are lovely (especially Sue if she's still there!) and clean the kitchen pretty much every day.

The rooms are decent sized in comparison to most on campus. You get a lot of storage space! Don't be deterred by the ugly block, it was the best year of my life, and I made amazing friends.

It's directly opposite the common room space, a two minute walk to the launderette, and three minutes walk to the shop and bar. The perfect positioning if you ask me! And there are two car parks either side if you drive.

I'm so jealous, some of my fondest memories were in that block! Enjoy! :smile:

Wow! Block E sounds amazing :smile: I was quite worried about everything but now im just really excited to meet everyone there. I heard Hawthorns is a bit further away from the main campus area. How long of a walk is it to get to the main campus?
Thanks a lot :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest