The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA 2014 Freshers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jelly1000
ah thats fair enough, you might find others who don't want to go to the evening events, it depends on who you end up with in your flat. And you can sign up to the ISoc society in freshers week, I wouldn't be suprised if they put something on like a meal.

and its because first year is so totally different to a-levels it gives people adjustment time.

I'll definitely be signing up to the ISoc. :smile:
How are the sporting facilities at UEA?
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 61
Politics & International relations
ABB
AAB
ABC
:smile:
Reply 62
I've applied for Law.
Grades required: AAB
AS: AABB
A2 Predicted: A*AA
Anyone else applying for Law? :smile:
Hey, I also applied to Nottingham, Warwick, Sussex and Leicester, got my first offer - from UEA - on Thursday, haven't heard from the others yet. Good Luck x
Reply 64
Original post by The.Joker
Is there stuff to do for non-drinkers during freshers? I don't drink so I wouldn't go clubbing but I still would like to meet new people.
How's your accommodation like?
I hear most courses in the 1st year doesn't affect your final degree classification and that you only need 40% to proceed onto the 2nd year! :eek:
UEA seems like a great place, I'll be coming to a visit day in Feb. :biggrin:

Yeah there are normally alternative events :yep:

I'm in Norfolk Terrace and I absolutely love it, best views on campus :love: the kitchen isn't overly great but it's the same across all the accommodation. Despite there being 14 of us in a flat there is never a wait for the bathroom etc. Other accommodation I've seen is just as nice ( en suite campus, university village)
That's true, but bear in mind getting a high mark at university is difficult, the first year is to ensure everyone has the same level of knowledge.
:woo:
Original post by The.Joker
I'll definitely be signing up to the ISoc. :smile:
How are the sporting facilities at UEA?

no idea sorry, not sporty at all.
Course: LLB Law with American Law

I'm in IB so...
Grade Requirement: 34 points
Predicted IB Grades: 37 (666 at HLs)

Soo excited to sent out my application. Any IB candidates out there? Do I stand a good chance?
Ahhh congrats on your offer! Do you mind me asking what it is?
I also applied to Leicester and Sussex too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nicole.elkins
Hey guys!
Just thought it would be nice of all of us who applied to UEA for American Studies for 2014 entry to have a stalking page! Maybe we can say where else we applied?

Sent my application off last night, so nervous!

:smile:

Hey, I've applied for American and English Lit and American History (which are taught by the school of American Studies) and they both have loads of modules from the American Studies degree :P is UEA your first choice?
Reply 69
Course: English Lit
Grade Requirement: AAB
AS Grades: AABBCC (One of the Cs was General Studies, the other I dropped and one of the Bs was Extended Project)
Predicted A2 Grades: AAA
I'm beginning to get nervous now! When I saw that they might ask for an interview/portfolio I became very confused because I didn't think they do that...
Original post by rozsarah
Course: English Lit
Grade Requirement: AAB
AS Grades: AABBCC (One of the Cs was General Studies, the other I dropped and one of the Bs was Extended Project)
Predicted A2 Grades: AAA
I'm beginning to get nervous now! When I saw that they might ask for an interview/portfolio I became very confused because I didn't think they do that...

not for straight English as far as I'm aware. They definitley ask for a porfolio for English Lit & Creative Writing.
Reply 71
Hey everyone,

I am a final year LL.B Law (Hons) student so if you have any questions about the course, uni or Norwich in general please fire away! :smile:

All the best with your application :smile:
Reply 72
Hi, I received an unconditional offer for English Literature today! I feel like I have been waiting for ever, even though its only been three weeks since I sent my application :P Now I just have to wait for the rest to reply :smile:
Reply 73
Offer for law AAB. Will probably be my insurance. Anyone else got one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oohh good luck!! :smile:
Yup, UEA is my first choice, literally my dream uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Michael J18 :)
Hey, I've applied for American and English Lit and American History (which are taught by the school of American Studies) and they both have loads of modules from the American Studies degree :P is UEA your first choice?

Ooohhh good luck!! :smile:
Yup, UEA us my first choice. Literally my dream uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firmed and insured UEA today :smile: woooo! Just need to get the grades now...
Original post by Michael J18 :)
Firmed and insured UEA today :smile: woooo! Just need to get the grades now...

Ahhh well done, and good luck!! :smile:
Still haven't received a welcome email...I've got one for all.my other choices, just not UEA :frown:
Reply 78
International Development with Social Anthropology and Politics (With an overseas experience)
Grade Requirement: ABB
AS Grades:B B C
Predicted A2 Grades: A B B

Is there anyone else actually applying for this course....?
:tongue:

I haven't received a reply yet but I want UEA as my firm choice!
(I'm also applying for Kent, Manchester, Edinburgh for Social Anthropology and Human Geography at Leeds Met)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 79
Biology
Requirement: ABB
Predicted: ABB
got an offer today! Is anyone applying to Biology too?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending