The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Nursing interviews at Oxford Brooke's university

I've applied to do mental health nursing at Oxford Brooke's uni. Has anyone else applied for a nursing course there. If so have you had an interview? Has anyone got any advice? :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by shan123456
I've applied to do mental health nursing at Oxford Brooke's uni. Has anyone else applied for a nursing course there. If so have you had an interview? Has anyone got any advice? :smile:

Hello :smile: I applied to study Adult Nursing, I had an interview this Monday (11th) and I got my offer on Wednesday to start January 2014 :smile:

The interview was fine - they did a presentation about the course and a tour of the school of health, and then we had a group activity. Then, we had individual interviews and they were so friendly, just asked standard questions and actually some of the questions were directly lead from things I said, so it was more like an informal chat really! Overall, I found the application and interview process really good and not scary at all!

It was my last choice, as I am commuting, but I was really impressed with the uni and the course and am so desperate to start that I am pretty sure I'm going to accept the offer for January!

Good luck with your application :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by Robean
Hello :smile: I applied to study Adult Nursing, I had an interview this Monday (11th) and I got my offer on Wednesday to start January 2014 :smile:

The interview was fine - they did a presentation about the course and a tour of the school of health, and then we had a group activity. Then, we had individual interviews and they were so friendly, just asked standard questions and actually some of the questions were directly lead from things I said, so it was more like an informal chat really! Overall, I found the application and interview process really good and not scary at all!

It was my last choice, as I am commuting, but I was really impressed with the uni and the course and am so desperate to start that I am pretty sure I'm going to accept the offer for January!

Good luck with your application :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah the doesn't sound too bad haha. Was the group activity just a topic and then you had to discuss it? What sort of questions did they ask? Ah that actually sounds alright to be honest and well done with the offer!
Thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 3
The group activity they gave us a healthcare related scenario and some key points to discuss about it and we had to write out the key points! So just read a little about local and national healthcare issues and you should be fine :smile: I think they were more looking at how you interact with the group rather than your knowledge of medical terms etc! Questions seemed to be pretty standard, about the role of a nurse, why you want to be a nurse etc etc. Pretty simple and informal really, nothing to worry about! Of course it may be slightly different for Mental Health, but I'm sure it will be similar!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Robean
The group activity they gave us a healthcare related scenario and some key points to discuss about it and we had to write out the key points! So just read a little about local and national healthcare issues and you should be fine :smile: I think they were more looking at how you interact with the group rather than your knowledge of medical terms etc! Questions seemed to be pretty standard, about the role of a nurse, why you want to be a nurse etc etc. Pretty simple and informal really, nothing to worry about! Of course it may be slightly different for Mental Health, but I'm sure it will be similar!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay, thank you so much :biggrin:
Reply 5

Hi, are you applying for the sept 2014 entry? i've applied to do adult nursing for sept 2014 entry, haven't heard back anything ever sine i received the acknowledgement email. Have you?
Reply 6
Original post by luni84
Hi, are you applying for the sept 2014 entry? i've applied to do adult nursing for sept 2014 entry, haven't heard back anything ever sine i received the acknowledgement email. Have you?

Yeah, I got a conditional offer from them just the other week. They may not be responding to people for adult nursing until later on as I'm doing mental health nursing :smile:
Reply 7
Yeah, I got a conditional offer from them just the other week. They may not be responding to people for adult nursing until later on as I'm doing mental health nursing :smile:

Thankyou, and congrats! :smile: I'm getting anxious as it's my first choice.
Reply 8
Original post by luni84
Thankyou, and congrats! :smile: I'm getting anxious as it's my first choice.

Thank you :smile: don't worry about it I'm sure they'll respond to you soon :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending