The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2014 Changes

Hey, I was looking for a bit of advice. I've applied for Master of Biological Anthropology MAnth at Durham. At the time I applied, its location was Queen's Campus and so I had the choice of two colleges. However, I've just looked on their website and it now says:

"BSc and MAnth programme changes

To improve programme and module choice for students, and increase teaching flexibility, Durham University Anthropology Department undergraduate programmes will be consolidated in Durham City from October 2014.

After 21 years of teaching Anthropology programmes across split-sites at Durham’s University’s Queen’s Campus in Stockton-on-Tees, as well as in Durham City, we will now be able to offer our students the full range of three-year BSc, BA and four-year MAnth programmes in a single location."

I'm so confused, does this mean that should I receive an offer and attend Durham next year, I would be taught at Durham City? I've obviously chosen a Queen's Campus college :tongue:
Just decided to email them :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Lucy96
Just decided to email them :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did they let you choose a Durham City college? Or are they treating you as an open applicant?
Original post by Reiss64
Did they let you choose a Durham City college? Or are they treating you as an open applicant?

I have no idea! They haven't replied to my email yet, I assume that's because it'll be a very busy time :tongue: and I've not yet been accepted/rejected! I hope that if I do receive an offer, I'll be given a choice. Bit silly of them to make this change half way through the application process :redface:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Lucy96
I have no idea! They haven't replied to my email yet, I assume that's because it'll be a very busy time :tongue: and I've not yet been accepted/rejected! I hope that if I do receive an offer, I'll be given a choice. Bit silly of them to make this change half way through the application process :redface:

Best of luck. :smile:
Original post by Helioghost
Best of luck. :smile:

Aw thank you :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Lucy96
Hey, I was looking for a bit of advice. I've applied for Master of Biological Anthropology MAnth at Durham. At the time I applied, its location was Queen's Campus and so I had the choice of two colleges. However, I've just looked on their website and it now says:

"BSc and MAnth programme changes

To improve programme and module choice for students, and increase teaching flexibility, Durham University Anthropology Department undergraduate programmes will be consolidated in Durham City from October 2014.

After 21 years of teaching Anthropology programmes across split-sites at Durham’s University’s Queen’s Campus in Stockton-on-Tees, as well as in Durham City, we will now be able to offer our students the full range of three-year BSc, BA and four-year MAnth programmes in a single location."

I'm so confused, does this mean that should I receive an offer and attend Durham next year, I would be taught at Durham City? I've obviously chosen a Queen's Campus college :tongue:

Hey there :smile:

I'm a current anthropology student at Durham City campus so I've been interested in this. From what I've been told by Queen Campus students is that the current students next year will be allocated colleges at Durham City as their course will be there too.

Saying that, I don't think you'll be forced an allocation if you don't want and suggest you choose a college and ring up Durham if you haven't already heard back. They don't start allocating colleges until 22nd January I think.
Original post by megmaria
Hey there :smile:

I'm a current anthropology student at Durham City campus so I've been interested in this. From what I've been told by Queen Campus students is that the current students next year will be allocated colleges at Durham City as their course will be there too.

Saying that, I don't think you'll be forced an allocation if you don't want and suggest you choose a college and ring up Durham if you haven't already heard back. They don't start allocating colleges until 22nd January I think.

Thank you very much, this has been very helpful :biggrin: hope you're enjoying your time there :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What they'll probably do is ask you which College you'd like and then they'll try and sort you out, granted you firm it, since they may wait for you to first firm them (which, sadly you probably won't :frown: ) before they take action. But if they do ask you, I wish you the best of luck.

Quick Reply

Latest