The Student Room Group

When was the last time you went to the other side of your country?

8 years ago Brighton
Original post by Avreil
8 years ago Brighton

Did I read it correctly “other side of country” or did you mean town?
There is no "other side" if I'm in the middle of the landmass :dontknow:
Last year: I am living in the North and was going to the South for a week.
Lol im in the middle of my country. So if you was to say other side.. hmm North: Keilder Castle Northumberland 2014, West: Bangor university Bangor wales October 2022, East: Great Yarmouth Norfolk June 2022, South West: Cornwall 2021, and South East: Kent 2013.
Reply 5
I live in the South East of my country. I drove to the North in September 2022 and the South West in August 2021.
I don't really live at either end, but probably Morpeth, Haverford West, Northumberland would be my Southern, Western and Northern extremes, and I haven't really gone East as far as I can remember.
I've also visited NI (too young to remember where) and Guernsey, but they might not count being different landmasses and all
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
There is no "other side" if I'm in the middle of the landmass :dontknow:

Exactly in the middle? not even a slight difference to one of the four cardinal points? you are right, there is nothing that can be done.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Kallisto
Exactly in the middle? not even a slight difference to one of the four cardinal points? you are right, there is nothing that can be done.

Not exactly, that would be impressive, but central enough to the landmass that I wouldn't know what would class as "the other side"
Reply 9
Gt Yarmouth in Nov.
Iğıdır in August!
I haven't been to the opposite side of the country in over a year. It was the first time I'd ever been anywhere other than where I was born, and it changed my life forever. The landscapes and buildings were stunning, and I got to learn about the local culture. Another fantastic way for me to get a feel for the region was through its delicious food. I had a wonderful time and learned a lot about the local culture from the warm and welcoming people I met. It was a fantastic opportunity to broaden my horizons and an unforgettable experience. Now, share your experience about these questions. What was your experience like when you visited the other side of your country? How long ago was it?
:auto::auto:
I live in the middle of the country. But i did go to london last year
Reply 13
I live in the south of my country but fly over the north of it about twice a year and drove to it two years ago.

Quick Reply

Latest