The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Why did Tennant return to his time stream, forgetting the entire event, even though Smith entered Tennant's stream through the worm hole. Surely Tennant's is the main stream through this event?

Also, the Doctors just left everyone in the weapon storeroom discussing the treaty, and they never went back. When the girl gave her inhaler to her Zygon copy I thought that would be used as some plot point to identify which one was the human later on. But they just left that to resolve itself?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Scienceisgood
Yes, then they returned, but now history has been changed, it was no longer time locked which means ALL the alien races are coming though, the nightmare child, the could have been king etc...

They ONLY focused on the Daleks and Timelords and forgot about everything else...

Well thankfully the Timelords have been saved. All they wanted to do was end time and destroy the universe - yay? it was mentioned several times that they became just as bad as the daleks in the latter days of the war.
Original post by g.k.galloway
Sameeeee :smile: It was a lovely rabbit :smile:

I absolutely adored that rabbit, I wanted to hold it and press my cheek against it - soooo sweet!! :love:

It was a great show, I loved all the intricacies and it really blew my mind when in the middle of all the elaborate plotting we were suddenly back in front of the painting again with the Doc on the phone to the UNIT guy standing in front of it! :cool:

I mean, wowza, so much in it. And how wonderful that Gallifrey is saved and returning - I love that! :colondollar:
Yes, then they returned, but now history has been changed, it was no longer time locked which means ALL the alien races are coming though, the nightmare child, the could have been king etc...

They ONLY focused on the Daleks and Timelords and forgot about everything else...

But everything still happened the same, the only difference is Galifrey was time locked not destroyed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I loved the episode personally :smile:

There seems to be a few things people are getting confused with

Firstly, the events from TEOT still stand. If anything, that was probably occurring simultaneously to this episode (The council in TEOT was the high council, while what we saw in TDOTD was the war council...they even refer to it as "The high council have their own plans", as a nod to what is going on with Rassilon & co)...

Secondly, this episode is more of a 'this is what really happened', rather than a retcon. Nothing has changed in the show at all, but as the Hurt doctor forgot what happened, it appeared to him (and the rest of the universe) that both Gallifrey and the Daleks burned, while now 'we' (and Matt smiths doctor + ) know what actually happened.
Questions:
What happened to The Master, shouldn't The Doctor automatically regenerate BACK to Tennant because the Timelords would never have been brought back meaning he wouldn't have absorbed the radiation which basically forced his regeneration...

So many plot holes...

Well if you assume that Gallifrey was frozen by the thirteen doctors AFTER it was brought back by the Master and then kicked back into the time lock by Tennant then it makes sense.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by sosadsosad
XDD

He was lovely, wasn't he? :love: I squealed with happiness. :biggrin:

Sameeee, I wanted him :biggrin:

Original post by Fullofsurprises
I absolutely adored that rabbit, I wanted to hold it and press my cheek against it - soooo sweet!! :love:

It was a great show, I loved all the intricacies and it really blew my mind when in the middle of all the elaborate plotting we were suddenly back in front of the painting again with the Doc on the phone to the UNIT guy standing in front of it! :cool:

I mean, wowza, so much in it. And how wonderful that Gallifrey is saved and returning - I love that! :colondollar:

It was okay apart from the lack of 10/rose :frown:
Original post by shadowdweller
But everything still happened the same, the only difference is Galifrey was time locked not destroyed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, the whole TIME WAR was time locked, as specified in the episode where Doctor Donna came into being.
No, the whole TIME WAR was time locked, as specified in the episode where Doctor Donna came into being.

Oh I see. But the time at which it was brought back in Doctor Donna was never specified? So that could have been pre vanish!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

The only thing that changed was the fact that Gallifrey was moved, not destroyed.
Everything else stayed the same.

Caan broke through the Time Lock.
I'm guessing that this hole was abused by the Moment.
Original post by ThisIsn'tSpam
The only thing that changed was the fact that Gallifrey was moved, not destroyed.
Everything else stayed the same.

That's what I meant, apologies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh I see. But the time at which it was brought back in Doctor Donna was never specified? So that could have been pre vanish!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then why didn't Smith de-generate back into Tennant?! DX
Original post by Fullofsurprises

The rabbit was the best thing about the episode, IMO. :h:

He was absolutely gorgeous :love: :love:

I replied to your earlier post about your question.

Why would he? The Master events would still have happened, so he would still have regenerated

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why would he? The Master events would still have happened, so he would still have regenerated

Posted from TSR Mobile

But if The Master broke into the timelock using that diamond because he needed a physical link, then he wouldn't have needed to meaning there was no need for that machine meaning The Master would simply have eaten all the people and been on his way.

Meaning no radiation to kill Tennant...

Although, I suppose Samir's response makes SOME sense, although it would have to happen in a space of like 5 minutes...
I thought that was fantastic. They did an excellent job of combining nods to the show's history with a whole new story for the future. Very pleased with that job, even if there were some plot holes. :smile:
But if The Master broke into the timelock using that diamond because he needed a physical link, then he wouldn't have needed to meaning there was no need for that machine meaning The Master would simply have eaten all the people and been on his way.

Although, I suppose Samir's response makes SOME sense, although it would have to happen in a space of like 5 minutes...

I don't understand what you said in bold, what will have to happen in the space of 5 minutes?

Samir's response cleared it up imo :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest