The Student Room Group

PS4 Vs Xbox One? Which one are you going for?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by a-witty-name
Please stop. You're impressing no one.

Since I've garnered the reputation of the ******* here apparently...... No
Can we possibly get back to the OPs question? Although it seems a console vs console debate usually seems to spark off inane arguments.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by buddy
I've garnered the reputation of the ******* here apparently

Must be a cospiracy. Everyone else but you is in the wrong. Yeah, that makes the most sense.
I have to admit some of the xbox games do look very nice! :biggrin:
Reply 84
I heard that xbox one has some problem with the CD/DVD Drive,I read it in BBC..I would go for ps4 *no doubt*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
My budget doesn't really let me buy one. I got a PS3 and a functioning PC that'll have to suffice for now. Besides, most the new games being developed now is coming on current and next gen consoles anyway so i'll probebly save a little money by not buying them now. I might buy that steambox/steam machine/water boiler thingy valve is making but even that is a what if.
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm going to sit on the fence until one of them offers me a reasonably priced wheel and F1 2014, Project Cars and Assetto Corsa are close to coming out I think.

If I were to buy right now, I'd go XBOne because of Forza.
Reply 87
I'm the only one out of over 70 people to say both? Obviously not right away, but I see no reason why I won't own both eventually.
1. Exclusives? That's a weird point... considering Steam is the cheapest store going... AND PC has more exclusive games than Xbox and Playstation combined... don't give me that Halo and such bull****. Consoles get a single digit number of exclusives always.
2. Check out custom build deals. They go beyond 8 gigs of ram for the same price of your precious 3rd gen £399-£499 boxes. Yes they really are PCs without the flexibility. I feel especially bad for Xbox considering they're not even focusing on games anymore and more about making an "entertainment system" jesus... PCs just do ten times more stuff more the same price, accept it.
3. I simply stated my opinion on the thread. Deal with it. :smile:
Original post by The_Guv
I'm the only one out of over 70 people to say both? Obviously not right away, but I see no reason why I won't own both eventually.

Yes.

Not everybody can afford to get both systems.
Reply 90
Original post by kidomo
Yes.

Not everybody can afford to get both systems.

He said "obviously not right away". Both systems will eventually cost the same as one system does now.

And in fact, everyone in this thread who didn't vote 'neither' (and more besides) CAN afford both, but choose not for various reasons. One reason is "I [believe I] can't afford both [yet I can afford to splash out for one at launch]"
(edited 10 years ago)
Definitely PS4
Reply 92
Exclusives, accessibility and being able to play in bed.
Reply 93
So i've had both now.

Hands down all round Xbox one wins.
Reply 94
Original post by mikeyd85
I'm going to sit on the fence until one of them offers me a reasonably priced wheel and F1 2014, Project Cars and Assetto Corsa are close to coming out I think.

If I were to buy right now, I'd go XBOne because of Forza.

Good call, picked up my xbox one two days ago. Amazing console!

Both the consoles are great dont get me wrong but kill zone what a let down on ps4 graphically beautiful, terrible game.

Forza on the other hand, totally crisp!!

P.S about the snap feature you hear both but you hear the tv more and then you can snap out to the game only. Its the best feature ever!!
Neither, haven't got the time nor money :frown:
Neither at the moment. Refuse to spend £349/£429 for a console and then £50 on top of that for games. Will wait until backwards compatibility is available for PS4 and then buy a PS4. More than happy with my PS3 at the moment. I know someone who got stabbed on launch day of GTA5. No doubt there is someone somewhere who had the same if not worse done to them for a PS4 :K:
If I get anything…it will be the valve machine next year.
Reply 98
Original post by littlesmurfette
Neither at the moment. Refuse to spend £349/£429 for a console and then £50 on top of that for games. Will wait until backwards compatibility is available for PS4 and then buy a PS4. More than happy with my PS3 at the moment. I know someone who got stabbed on launch day of GTA5. No doubt there is someone somewhere who had the same if not worse done to them for a PS4 :K:

tough times
Xbox One. It's just that all the games are buggy.

Quick Reply

Latest